Alert: SAUDI ARABIA vs BAHRAIN ...PLAY OFF...CAN WE DO IT...

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by al ittihady, Aug 5, 2009.

1. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    No it won't.

If the 8-0 didn't make Sultan lose his job NOTHING WILL.

2. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Though all the Saudi fans (including me) feel utmost sorry for today's match result but how many of all you saudi fans believe that this will revive the Saudi Soccer Standards and would bear fruitful results for future outcome. Just cast your votes.

I believe this is a good thing that has happened to the Saudi Team as they conceded the goal in the last 30 seconds, couldn't play well in majority of their games and specially dropped precious "03 Points" at home and only gained 5 points out of maximum 12 points for home games and this is what made KSA sit out of this world cup to tell you the truth ....

Now, Saudi Arabia will go into Team Re-Building Process for the 2nd time in their history similary as they went after Asian Cup 2004 and in the very next Asian cup, they became the runner-ups.

The new team should contain a mixture of Maximum Youth and Minimum but influential Experienced campainers from the existing team ... I think Noor might be retired from International soccer by 4 years time and same goes for other players over 28 years as well ... So, let the hunt begin for new talents .... Ya Allah, I hope we find someone like Yousef Al Thuniyan, Fahad Al Gashiyan, Majid Abdullah ..... Amen

3. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We need these players:

Kamel Al Mousa= Best left back in Saudi Arabia (he was in Asian Cup 2007)
    Ahmed Al Mousa=Best Right winger in Saudi Arabia (he scored against Bahrain in Asian Cup 2007)

Yes. I'm biased. But with good reason. :D

4. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

What are the ages of these players ?

5. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Sultan Needs to be shot, once that happens things would go smoothly for the NT and for saudi football as a whole.

6. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Noor was easily the worst player on the pitch today!

7. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We saw in the North Korea game that wingers don't do you much good when the other team is parking the bus.

You know as much as I hate to admit it, Abdoh Otaif might have done us some good today and against North Korea also (but I still maintain that he is useless against bigger teams like Iran and South Korea).

8. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By the way they just fired Pisseiro.

9. cfc_andrew

cfc_andrew New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    London, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hi guys,

This was bound to happen soon, watching Saudi football is so frustrating, exactly the same with watching Hilal in the Champions League.

Saudi only started looking worried with about 5 minutes to go then they started going for the win, they seem to do this too often and the play seems to slow and conservative.
    Over the whole qualifying campaign I dont think they deserved to get to the world cup, they made too much hard work of it.

Now what do they do? I say they keep the coach and they arrange a number of frienlies against big teams, there will be no competitive games for a long time right? Personaly I dont understand why they went back to some of the older players such as Sulaimani, Montashari and Tukar, also what seems strange is no player seems to be consistent over a number of years for the NT, Yasser had his year, Montashari had his year etc.

They need to rebuild the team and start with the younger players, I liked the way we did it for the Asia Cup 2007, after watching 2006 WC I hardly knew much of the 2007 squad but they put on some great performances until the final.

By the way, Im enjoying all the re-branding of the SPL, its cool there is a website, fantasy game and an online store, I just hope they can have it all in English so I can follow the games a bit easier!

10. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I cant wait for Fatty sultan comment.

11. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Kamel 27, Ahmed 28.

We still completely depended on the flanks (shuhail mostly) even though it wouldn't work so might as well put someone good there.

12. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I don't like the re-branding. Seems like a selling out to the corporate:( bigwigs to me.

Link? Btw is that a typo or a joke? :D

13. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow! Perhaps SA should have tried against north korea!

14. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Perhaps Iran could have tried against everybody?

15. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Phoeix, I do admit that Iran didn't have a good qualifyig campaign...however, I was VERY suspicious aout their performace against north korea....they won ag nk at nk...however draw to nk at riyadh...with lots of chances...at the end especially

I do not mean to disrespect KSA...I just think KSA is a MUCH etter team than the oe that showed up against nk...

16. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We lost to North Korea in Pyongyang actually.

17. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    WHO says that...and dont ever keep eyes on calderon....let ittihad bring some pride to saudi after winning champions league....

18. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Who was the captain in this game....

19. cfc_andrew

cfc_andrew New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    London, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ok I understand, but for me in the UK it makes it a bit easier to get information on the league, if only the website was in English!

20. cfc_andrew

cfc_andrew New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    London, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Last night? I think it was Sulaimani, havn't seen him play for a while!

21. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Oh please! You guys played with no sense of urgency against North Korea , obviously going for a tie, assuming that Bahrain is a walk over, and you got burnt by your own scam.

22. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    LOL

So you're saying we deliberately lost a game we could have won, because we thought we could win the next game? You guys never cease to amaze in your complete lack of logic and common sense. It's funny how you've been waiting for 5 months just to bask in the reflected glory of the Arabian nation of Bahrain.

23. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There was nothing suspicious about it. With all due respect, you guys need to grow up a little and stop thinking everyone is out to get you. North Korea are experts at closing down the game and getting 0-0 draws. South Korea played two games in a row against them last year without scoring a goal, then took until the 86' minute to score against them in Seoul in March. They came in with a plan to defend with 11 men in the box. That's what everyone predicted they would do, and most people (including myself) expected it to end 0-0. Our guys put all the effort they had but they couldn't break them down. I don't know why you think we're so good that we can just destroy a North Korean team that is famous for it's strong defense and that made no attempt to leave its own penalty box the whole game.

24. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well the difference is that Al-Hilal is steadily improving in the ACL. I thought we played ok under the circumstances this year, and if the round of 16 was over two legs we may well have advanced. Anyways, watch out for us next edition because I think we can get far (even though I'm still bitter at the removal of Tarek).

25. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Any Interviews?