Saudi Arabia-Belgium[R]

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by ShaRule, May 10, 2006.

1. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    It looks like belgium is gonna win with its B-C team against a saudi A team.

2. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Under 10 mins. remaining. As usual, another "Disappointing Performance" by Saudi Arabia. Even though Saudi Arabia did managed a consolation goal but the credit goes to the Belgium defender not Nawaf Al Temyat! I say Saudi are losing this match 2-0!

3. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    good effort by mohammed amin. he passed the goalie but was unable to defeat the defender.
    still 2-1 saudi losing.

4. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    1 min extra time given...........

5. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Understrenth and weak Belgium Team (B or C squad) beating World Cup Finalists Saudi Arabia!

Guys, the players of Ukraine and Spain are much tough, strong and fast. They have fast, frequent and strong ball control/possession and pass acurately. I don't think Saudi Arabia has more experienced and tough players in their ranks. Only USA'94 team was stong otherwise, again, this world cup is going to be some what similar to WC'2002 & WC'98! I hope and pray that I am proved wrong. Ameen

6. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    and saudi lost............. and if this was a strategy in view of paqueta.....hats off to him.

7. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    FT Belgium 2-1 KSA

We're going to finish first in the world cup (as in finish and leave first).

8. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    hmm, you know if saudi wants to impress the world someday they have to play in europe! I mean some of them at least!

9. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    You don't need to say that again! Even a special sports program "Futbol Mundial" has declared that Saudi will be the first team to exit the World Cup and will finish at the bottom of the group!

I think we can see the Saudi's Fate in the upcoming world cup even before it officially kicks off!

10. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I totally agree with you. How many Japanese, Korean and IRANian players play in Europe? I think almost 2/3 of the team's players from each. How many Saudi plays in Europe or Morocco?? "NONE". Guys, if Saudis cannot play overseas then atleast they should make another team in their league by the name of "Foreign 11" which should only be comprised of Foreign players and Saudi teams play against them "Regularly". This way they can atleast learn some useful tactics and become groomed to take on the world! ;)

11. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Saudi64, with performance like this, I am thinking to bet with you that Saudi Arabia will exit the world cup in the group stage. What do you say???

Anywaz, I'll decide whether to bet with you or not after seeing the two more games against TOGO and Czech Rep.

12. saqr

saqr New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Edinburgh-Scotland
    Hard luck.

does any one have the goals?

13. bobo81

bobo81 Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Ciudad De Dios
    Bravo KSA. Although they could have lost like 6-1 or 7-1 with all the missed Belgium chances, they still played a better game than the previous ones. See what happens when they earn a score? Their confidence turns on...

-Shalhoub needs to start over Temneyat against Spain & Ukraine! He is overall a better creator with the ball and more faster.
    -Hey Paqueta, give #17 Malik more chances!

Waiting to see what happens against Togo...

14. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    bravo meen ya sheikh?????? Montakhab zlaba fashel.

15. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    I remember Saudi made sensation 8 years ago in Belgium.

This time, I predict the game may end 0-0 or 1-1

16. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    its not looking too good for saudi... i hope you can at least draw tunisia and dont lose by more than 3 goals to spain. but who knows, maybe you might pull off a surprise and beat ukraine. either way good luck and i hope asia plays well.

17. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Well... Let's try to figure out that who played well for Saudia:

1. Yasir Al Qahtani played Well.
    2. The # 12 in Defence played Well.
    3. Noor was much much better than Nawaf.
    4. Shalhoub was good too.
    5. Amin was good but lacks international experience!

Now..., Let's see who didn't played well!

1. The Saudi Defence was exposed most often and only # 12 was giving his due best otherwise, the goals that Belgium scored was due to lack of concentration by the Central & right side of Defence.
    2. Daeya seemed to be lacking quick movement and if Belgium wouldn't have had missed the chances they neatly created and would have atleast made shots on target then it would have had been a real test for Daeya.
    3. The Saudis Mid-Field failed to supply regularly the ball to Yasir Al Qahtani and other forward and kept the ball near Saudi penalty area or among the mid-fielders.
    4. Nawaf passings or supply to the forwards were not accurate and the forwards specially Qahtani got frustrated of not getting the ball too often.

If Paqueta can work out these or other errors / failures as may kindly be suggested by all you Saudi fans then we can hope that Saudi can do something at the world cup otherwise, after looking all their previous friendly matches, it's Simply Hopeless!

18. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    You can download a short clip of the goals here or here.

19. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

good luck to Iran, but where are your friendlies, is your team prepared? I can see Iran getting 4 pts and qualifying to 2nd round with the right preparation

20. Tuco

Tuco Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thanks! I spent a good while looking for clips of the game last night (stupid of me not to turn on Belgian tv :rolleyes: )

21. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    ya unfortunately our federation sucks badly so we didnt have enough friendlies. we had 2 friendly games in the past year-costa rica and skorea and we will play croatia or bosnia or tunisia also before the WC. our B team had lots of preparation though. to add to that 6 of our players (4 starters and 2 regular subs who will still be injured during the WC and will miss it) got injured a month or 2 before the world cup (4 are still injured!) and our keeper started to suck badly in the last couple of months. but i still have a feeling we will do good.

btw is Laith a saudi name?

22. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Unfotunately, I didn't watch the game at all. I don't have ART, and I couldn't go watch it somewhere. From the press they said they played good performance, but only were unlucky to score. But according to HiJazzey, sah and Hammad replies, they weren't. :p Hey, let us see what they do tommorow against Togo, last chance to do something before this training camp ends.

23. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Laith in Arabic means lion, and Laith is always used as a nickname for the club Shabab.

24. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The reason that Nawaf is not playing well is because his contract will end this season with Hilal. He has been offered large amount of money from Sadd and Ittihad, the rumours are saying. He wants more money from Hilal, so he is probably troubled. Nour is simply a great player mashallah, I can't believe some people didn't want him because he will create problems between players. Sowaleef. :D

25. PLSTN LMF

PLSTN LMF New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    gahtani and temyat showed great individual skills.malik moath hit the post.the performance was positive but the scoreline wasnt.it got me thinking,if KSA cant' get positive results in friendlies,how will they get them in the world cup?