Saturday's Television Schedule

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by smudgeyjoe, Nov 5, 2003.

1. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    Doing some searching on my television schedule, I first noticed that Saturday's match vs. KC is showing on a delayed schedule on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain, starting at 8:30. That is pretty stinky. I want to know what is happening for real when it is happening. After searching there, on a whim, I went on line to HD Net. Their online schedule for Saturday made me scream with delight. In Big Letters, it says that Saturday's playoff match will be shown in high defintion live at 6:00 MST. If this proves out, everybody better search for friends with DirecTV and High Definition. Maybe someone can refer us all to a sports bar that might be displaying the match in high def. That would be awesome!!!!!

2. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Fox Sports World and MLS Shootout PPV5 are also carrying it live at 6 pm.

3. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    If they were showing this game in a theater on HDTV, I would definitely pay to watch it with other Rapids fans. Otherwise, a sports bar that shows HDTV is the next best thing.

4. cljco

cljco New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    I don't know that it's Hi-D, but we'll most likely go to Fox & Hound (SE corner of 120th & Sheridan, next to 24 hour fitness) to watch the live game at 6:00. You and John are welcome to join us.

5. stevedent

stevedent New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Westminster
    Re: Re: Saturday's Television Schedule

Near the Albertsons?

What's the food like?

6. cljco

cljco New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    It's closer to the other end the shopping center. Last weekend was the first time I'd been there. Didn't even know it was there before hand. The food is ok. They have three huge rooms, over 60 TV's, with every conceivable sport playing, and probably between 10-15 big screens. The back room has a couch section.

7. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This sounds like a plan to me. And if something goes awry, we'd still have plenty of time to make it to Braun's. See y'all there.

8. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    changed my mind

Looks like Braun's got wise and is showing the game live now. I'll be going downtown now instead. Hope the rest of you will come downtown too. Smudgey, tell John hi. Haven't seen you in so long!

9. cljco

cljco New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    we'll definately be there!

10. stevedent

stevedent New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Westminster
    Fox & Hound

Will be @ the Fox & Hound ...

11. mjraw

mjraw Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Denver
    6:00 pm wiewing @ Braun's

I just got off the phone with Braun's and they are going to show the game live @ 6:00pm. I don't know if it's going to be HiDef (I doubt it), but at least they are showing it live. As usual, the Rapids front office didn't know about the live feed (so I was told), but Braun's will show the game at 6:00.

12. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    How early should someone arrive at Brauns to get a good seat? This will be my first Viewing Party.

13. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    Re: 6:00 pm wiewing @ Braun's

Yeah, I'm sure they didn't know about the live feed, they're only the ones who set up the viewing party!

14. pappekak

pappekak New Member

Feb 13, 2003
    Tralfamadore
    Yeah, right ...

Then why did the 06-Nov Rapid Fire list the broadcast at 8PM?

"2.) YOU'RE INVITED TO THE AWAY-GAME VIEWING PARTY AT BRAUN'S
    For those of you not road-tripping to Kansas City, you're invited to join
    the Rapids for the Official Playoffs Away-Game Viewing Party this
    Saturday.
    WHAT: Game 2 of the Western Conf. Semi's, Rapids at Kansas City
    WHEN: This Saturday, Nov. 8, broadcast starts at 8:00pm MT, Fox Sports RM
    WHERE: Braun's Restaurant, located on Auraria Parkway, in the Pepsi Center
    parking lot
    "

15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Yeah, right ...

Because the team signed a contract with FS Rocky Mt, not FSW (MLS signed the contract with FSW). I'm sure part of the contract with FSRM was to advertise the game to their fans.

16. puglogic

puglogic New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    Re: 6:00 pm viewing @ Braun's

Thanks for this -- makes us feel better -- when I called Braun's, nobody knew anything incl. the time, network, where they'll put us (upstairs or down) etc. Hopefully they'll have it worked out by the time we all get there (three more from our house coming too)