Pre-match: Saturday's Tailgate Fundraiser for Lil' Jessi

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Lineman, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Lineman

Lineman Member

May 31, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Before I begin, I would like to thank S8C for donating a sizable sum of money in support of this weekend's tailgate, and URS for donating the take on this tailgate for an amazing cause: to help our fellow Fire supporter, Lil' Jessi.

If you have not heard, Jessi is struggling with chronic kidney disease and requires daily medication for her very survival. The medication is expensive, so many of us have offered to raise money to help with the costs.

For Saturday's match, all profits from the tailgate will be donated to help pay for Jessi's medical expenses. So, if you are planning on making Saturday's match, come on by the tailgate and donate to a good cause. All I ask is that those who can, please donate generously. For those who can only offer some small donation, please be mindful about how much you eat. We do not want to deprive the tailgate of any donations that would have been made had we not run out of food early. If you don't have any money but are hungry, feel free to donate some of your time behind the counter.

We always need a spare hand, so if you want to come over and share a few minutes of your time for a great cause, we would really appreciate it. Let's all help make this event a huge success, for Jessi and for everyone who loves her.

** Please be mindful that the tailgate and the beer keg are being run separately, and will require individual donations for each.

[​IMG]