Saturday's attendance

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by revsrock, Oct 7, 2003.

1. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dont expect muchof a crowd for this game, I know it is a big game but with the Red Sox playing Gm #3 at home against the Spankees at the same exact time 4pm. Also with it being Pedro vs Roger people are gonna want to stay home. As of right now I don't think I will be going to teh Revs game, unless the change the time till 1pm or 8 pm or move it till Friday.

2. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true fans will show up saturday

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    God Bless TiVo

4. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are they still playing Baseball? I thought that was all finished when the kids went back to school after labor Day.

5. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    I bet the folks at BigBaseball.com are saying the same thing about soccer...if they even are aware that there was soccer being played in the first place.

6. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Cumberland Co, ME
    It isn't the Sox keeping me away, it's the venue.

7. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real Revs fans will "cowboy up"?!?!?

I plan on being there, it's that or clean the gutters!

8. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I wont be a true fan if I dont huh? That is BS I haven't missed a game this year, I have been to Columbus, DC and the Ghettolands. If I miss this game it will be a first since beginning of last year si shoot me!!!

9. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sue and I will be driving down from Prince Edward Island for the match :)

10. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    Red Sox who? Seriously, this is a huge game for the Revs, that millions of baseball fans don't give a toss is the way it is. But I do and I'm looking forward to it even if there are only 5,000 folks with transistor radios glued to their ears.
    Go Revs!

JIM DOW

11. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    (Ride permitting) I'll be there at Foxboro on Saturday, and from the look of things, on a beautiful fall day (forecast is partly cloudy, 66 degrees. I'll tape the Sox game.

The Magpie

12. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I guess I wont be a true fan if I dont huh? That is BS I haven't missed a game this year, I have been to Columbus, DC and the Ghettolands. If I miss this game it will be a first since beginning of last year si shoot me!!!"

So have I, and on a limited budget (college student), only excpetion was DC. And you can bet I'll be sitting there Saturday cheering on my Revs as they face a huge game this year against DC.

13. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as I'm concerned, the Krafts will show the score from the Sox game all day, and they will show highlights from that game at Gillette (they did this past Sunday).

So ... I'll be at the Boro rooting on the boys, and keeping one eye out on the scoreboard. And those people with radios ... :)

Monty

14. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Cumberland Co, ME
    Will the pointyball lines be mowed down or shall we suffer the aesthetic indignity of playing on a gridiron?

15. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe in the "Great White North" that's true.

16. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Cumberland Co, ME
    Depends on where Doc is in NS. Half of Maine is further north than Nova Scotia.

17. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Doc's in PEI. Pass Nova Scotia on the right and keep going...keep going...keep going...keep going....

18. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm missing my first Revs home game since September of 1997. Granted, it's because I'll be at a wedding, but I'd probably me missing this one for the Sox as well. Don't even give me that "not a true fan" crap regarding those who are chosing the Sox this weekend. I know people making that choice who have been to more away games the last couple of years than some folks have gone to home games. Go Revs! Go Sox!!!!

19. BigFrank

BigFrank New Member

Apr 3, 1999
    Dublin, Ireland
    An advertisement on Big Soccer from a place called Razorgator selling tickets to the Red Sox - Yankees playoff series for games at Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium.

I don't recall any ads here selling Revolution tickets this season. Of course that would be like preaching to the choir. Then again, the Revos don't seem to be trying too hard to push tickets, either.

20. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Razorgater is an online ticket broker. They buy tickets from teams of individuals and then sell them at a higher cost, essentially legal scalping. Tickets for the Yankees/Sox series are going for upwards of $4,000 for the best seats to $300 for the worst.

21. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Cumberland Co, ME
    $4,000 for a baseball game? Some people have way too much money. I'd say that's the strongest argument yet for a repeal of the tax cuts.

PEI, Nova Scotia, Saskatchawan, it's all the white space at the top of my map.

22. J. Lebowski

J. Lebowski New Member

Mar 10, 2003
    i hear the revs have dug up some old college video clips of jose cancela lip-syncing "born in the u-ru-guay"....they will be using it on saturday if the revs need a rally like the last home match.

23. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the kind of comment if made by someone who didnt like soccer, most soccerfans would get pissed off and write an email or start screaming at that person. If you dont like soccer bashers doing that dont be like that to other sports.

24. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    2pts for a correct answer. That type of Soccer Is the Only Sport attitude is so unbelievably ironic and counter-productive it's amazing.

25. NeSpazz

NeSpazz New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Framingham
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone who issues challenges regarding "true" fandom and all that is simply looking for a fight, as far as I am concerned. I am a diehard soccer, baseball, and hockey fan, and just because I pay attention to one, does not mean for one second that I don't care for the others. I have been to numerous Revs away games and nearly all home games for the last 4 years, so no one better be questioning my dedication to my team. At this point in time, there are a lot of people (like me) who simply enjoy multiple sports, and for once, we are on the cusp of 2 of our teams going far into the playoffs; why not enjoy both? To accuse anyone of not being a true fan is ridiculous. And if you are not a fan of baseball, fine. This is also not a baseball board. Your argument is futile, and your implication of people not being "true fans" is ludicrous. Give me a break. Would it be possible to enjoy ALL of the Boston area sports teams' recent successes, without b*tching about them, or saying stupid things to your fellow fans? And if you are a soccer-only fan, that's fine, but don't go casting judgments on people who follow multiple sports. It's your loss.
    Spazz