Saturday Wolves host Antigua

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising FC' started by Killersheep, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on out Saturday and join us as we have a real chance of getting three points.

We will be pregaming at Devil's Advocate starting at 4:00 PM and marching to the match
    at 6:45 PM

[​IMG]

2. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there expecting a win. I don't think there is enough beer in the world to console me if they don't.

Killersheep repped this.
  3. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It only gets worse, whether the injuries are legitimate or just "soreness". No A. Weber this game either. I guess he is still sore.

Either the FO doesn't think not playing popular players will alienate fans or they already know the team is done after the season.

4. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dear Jesus, please don't let us be the team that gives Antigua points.

5. Golot

Golot Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Chandler, AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What section did they end up transferring you to? I hope they gave you a good seat.

6. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I won't say exactly where they moved me, but they hooked it up. I have no complaints about my new seats. They moved an older couple that was in my old section to the new section. The gentleman is on crutches, and apparently it was hard for him to get to the seats. So everyone might not be as happy as me about it.

A win is a win, but I would have liked to see a more convincing win.

I talked to a few players after the game. I told one player (I won't say who) that I was worried about whether or not there was going to be a team next season. He said he hopes there will be. He referenced the stadium being taken down (kinda depressing to see it half ripped down) and then mentioned that they have been getting paid late. I also saw the Weber Bros. and Peabo. I told them that I was disappointed not to see them play tonight. Andrew sort of mumbled something under his breath in reply. I didn't want to upset him, but I wanted to see what he had to say about the situation. I told Schafer and Bowen the same thing. Schafer said they're working on it and Bowen said he hoped he would be ready next week. I kinda wanted to ask one of them straight up if they knew if there was going to be a team next season, but they probably don't know either.

Were they not charging for parking last night? The national anthem (a recording of various young singers doing various parts of the song) was also an embarrassment. I'm kinda getting the impression that they have given up.

7. Golot

Golot Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Chandler, AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah the attacking was relatively poor. I don't remember Ramos (the first Ramos) playing up forward before. I think that King, even though he didn't score many goals, he held the ball well and the team seemed more dangerous with him playing up top.

It is hard for a team to put good football on the field when they have gone through so many changes and so many injuries. A team needs consistency. Also, I'm sure the issues with the FO and the uncertain future don't help.

Let's hope Diego's injury is not serious and he can play next week.

8. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team will be here in 2014, they are getting a cash infusion after the season is over.
    The rest of this season is going to be nothing more than survival mode. The FO is praying we don't make the playoffs.

9. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We did hang out with the guys from Antigua after the game.

Attached Files:

10. mscSoccerfan

mscSoccerfan New Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this just a guess or do you have some inside information that there will actually be another season for this team?

11. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can't speak to any specifics other than new money will be coming in after this season.
    And that's not a guess.

12. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Money is great, but I'm also concerned with where they will be playing.

13. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As are we all, Poston Butte High School, here we come.

14. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And no Antiguan anthem, I'm told.

15. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They made up for that with the absolute worst random recording of the national anthem ever. I don't know what they were thinking.

Also no charge on parking.

16. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's strange, innit? The money goes to ASU, right? I presume, as the people taking the money are ASU people and the thing they give you to put on your dashboard says ASU Parking. Odd they would forego that. Hm.

17. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The national anthem was so bad it made the recorded mariachi version that FC Tucson used at the US Open Cup match sound great. Who thought it was a good idea to splice together a bunch of sections from poorly recorded national anthems? I'm guessing they used it b/c it was free. They can't find aspiring singers to do it for free or cheap?

As for the parking, I can't believe ASU Parking and Transit gave up the opportunity to make a few bucks.

At least they finally got some signage up at the stadium, even it was one Holiday Inn banner and 2 Nike Soccer banners.

Also, good on LFR for the Prescott 19 tribute and fundraising.

I go to Florence a lot for work, so maybe I could figure out a way to get reimbursed for the drive down there. At least it is a proper soccer field, I hate watching (or playing for that matter) soccer in baseball stadiums and their awkward layout.

18. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think (not sure) that parking lot is privately owned, so it's up to the landlords on that, I think they give a cut to ASU to run it though.

We were able to collect $830 in donations for the families of the fallen, we will be collecting Thursday as well, I don't expect much from this game though. It's pretty cool my wife's work is matching donations to the 100 Club of Arizona, so in essence we are donating $1,660. That should actually help someone out. We're really happy about the generosity of Phoenix FC's fans not just LFR's.

I was kidding about Poston Butte (hopefully I'm kidding)

19. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The former has been up for a while and is likely part of a trade deal. And the latter are probably the ones required by USL to be in all stadiums.

20. Jeff Gaydish

Jeff Gaydish New Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This was my first Wolves game. Generally I enjoyed myself and it was great to see our boys win the match.

I've just bought a ticket for Thursday's match. Can anyone here confirm that it will definitely be played at Grand Canyon University? GetTix indicates that the game will be played in Tempe and the Wolves site says TBD.

21. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's at GCU. Enjoy.

22. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yep $10 general admission.

23. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I never noticed it as my old seats were right above them.

General admission? That is weak considering I paid more than $10 for my tickets.

Good to hear there are still new people coming out to games. The team needs all the support they can get.

24. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Season ticket holders get priority seating whatever that means, I'm pretty sure GCU is all bleachers.

25. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what the stands there looked like at the Open Cup match in 2008 between the Sahuaros and the (then-USL) Sounders:

sahauros_sounders_stands.jpg

I do not know what - if anything- they have added since then (now that GCU is a D1 school, maybe they have). But that was like 10 rows of 40 seats or 400 total.

I still have no idea what event would be going on at ASU Thursday night, but, whatever.