Saturday Afternoon: What Will You Be Doing?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by The Magpie, Oct 8, 2003.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Game 3: American League Championship Series
    Pedro Martinez vs. Roger Clemens (in his last ever appearance) at Fenway Park.

Saturday, October 11, 2003, 4:00PM EST

Major League Soccer: D.C. United at New England Revolution. Revs have a shot at clinching a spot in the playoffs if they win down at Gillette Stadium.

Saturday, October 11, 2003, 4:00PM EST

What will you be doing?

What will you be watching?

Where do your priorities lies?

The Magpie

2. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two votes, two trips to Gillette. So, Evan, I guess I'll see you there. Should we sit at opposite ends of the stadium to spread the noise or sit together so the cameras don't have to pan the empty seats to find both of the fans? LOL

I guess I shouldn't be so negative. I'm sure there will be a lot of hardcore fans there. At least a dozen anyway :D

3. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    My son's 11:45 soccer game in Lexington got moved to 1:00 or so. It'l be tight, but traffic to the stadium shouldn't be bad...

4. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Just came across this as well:

United States vs. Canada
    FIFA Women's World Cup (3rd Place Match)
    Saturday, October 11th, 2003, 3:25PM EST
    LIVE on ESPN 2

5. Ann

Ann Member

Feb 17, 1999
    MA
    I'll be there. What are the rules on bringing portable TVs into the stadium?

6. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Good thing I've got 2 TiVos!

The only thing I'm hoping (other than Revs and Sox blowouts) is to get through the Revs game w/o hearing what's going on in the Sox game so I can watch it later at home.

Not bloody likely!

7. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    definitely at revs match
    small radio to listen to sox.

i know there are some people here that don't like/watch baseball. i think its safe to say that the vast majority of revs fans do follow the sox, however. so, i won't get bent out of shape if they show highlights (if warranted) from the sox game while we're out there. now, if they don't show any highlights (like they did at the pats game)....i think that will say a lot about how they think of the revs matchday and fanbase.

hey, and since they've told me that the revs high ticket prices are related to what the other teams in this town charge for gameday.....the least they can do is show us what they're doing, eh?

8. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    2/3 of NE fans plan to attend the Revolution game rather than watch the Red Sox/Yanks at home or in person. Who says soccer is insignificant?!?!

9. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn,,,,Revs v DC at 4
    sox v yankmees at 4:18
    USA v canada at 3:30
    Georgia V Tennesee at 8 - GO DAWGS!
    Moms suprise 70th birthday party at 7:00

Too much to watch, too much to do!! OK,,,get to RI by 4 to watch the revs and sox,,,,,to hell with the women,,,they are out of it.......go to the restuarant and set up at 6......talk the bartender into showing the UGA game......suprise mom at 7:20 when she arrives,,,,dinner served at 7:45.......sneak to the bar in 10 minute intervals to watch the UGA game starting at 8. Sounds like an eventful day

10. Out_of_Touch

Out_of_Touch New Member

Mar 10, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Don't know about Rev's games, but I work across the hall from a guy who brought one in to the Pat's game last Sunday.

11. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revs all the way, no question in my household.

But it will be a tough game to miss, Pedro vs Clemens at Fenway, thats a classic.

12. teskicks

teskicks Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    None of the above. I will be coaching my team in the Cape Cod Harvest Cup.

If I wasn't I would be at Gillette.

13. BigFrank

BigFrank New Member

Apr 3, 1999
    Dublin, Ireland
    Playing to your audience

A similar question was asked in the Red Sox forum on the Big Baseball Boards.

The result was that 99.4 percent of them thought that the Revolution was a Beatles song.

14. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Fair to say that 99.4 percent of them also think that a "Big Frank" is something they serve with mustard and relish at Fenway ;-).

I'm sure attendance is going to take a hit on Saturday... we'll just have to see how big of a hit.

The Magpie

15. Maddog

Maddog New Member

Jun 27, 2000
    Boston
    option #5

Option #5!
    Go to Gillette to watch the Revs. Listen to Red Sox on the radio (if I manage to get one through security)

But you are right, attendance will probably be down

16. BigFrank

BigFrank New Member

Apr 3, 1999
    Dublin, Ireland
    Fenway Frank? Foxborough Frank?

What would BigFrank be without a little mustard on his posts?

Saturday's attendance is sure to be down, but the Revos already have an official attendance to announce -- 9,176 -- even if only 99.4 people show up. Maybe we'll be able to relish a win over the Mutts and the Yanks!!!

17. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll do what I did Saturday. Revs primarily on TV, but flipping back and forth.

Once the score got to 3-1, it was pretty much Red Sox from there on out last week, I'm ashamed to say...

18. xmerl

xmerl Member

Sep 29, 2002
    Definitely Revs,though probably arriving a little late. My son has a 2:00 football game in Walpole.

19. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    definitely gonna be back in the hometown, as usual when there are games. :)

20. RevsGuy06

RevsGuy06 Member

Feb 5, 2001
    england 2.0
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldnt want to be anywhere else but in the Fort watching Joe-Max lead the Revs' annihilation of the DiCk Utd defense.

Yankees still suck though.

But not as much as Metro!

21. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    I spent the entire summer of '67 staring over Rico Petrocelli's shoulder from the bleachers as the "destiny's tots" came within Bob Gibson of taking it all. Now I spend my summer's in the Fort alternating between staring over Adin Brown's more massive shoulders and looking Cancela in the eye as he charges towards me with the ball at his feet.

It was fun in '67, it is fun now. I'm happy to have done both.

See you Saturday,

JIM DOW

22. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a surprise anymore! ;)

23. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well im going to be playing! at nickerson field too. at 1.45. dont think we will get back to the hotel in time to catch the beginning of the game, but hopefully our team doesnt go out or anything so i can watch.

im disappointed, id rather watch the Revs.

baseball is a waste of time, just like golf....yawn

24. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    How come no one answer this question?

25. Ann

Ann Member

Feb 17, 1999
    MA
    They were allowed in for the Pats, and I remember someone having one in the Fort during WCQ's. So I'll be trying to bring mine in.