Sattelite options

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by MouseyTongue, Aug 2, 2002.

1. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that there are old threads on this subject, but I can't seem to find the way to search the boards for them. Perhaps someone can provide a link.

In any case, I'm moving soon and thought it was a good time to switch from cable to sattelite and I know there were strong opinions about the best options. I am particularly interested to hear from anyone with experience with using them for broadband internet access (I've become spoiled by my cable modem).

Thanks in advance, and thanks for your forbearance if this swerves a bit off-topic.

2. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    If you don't get a good response, try the business amd media forum.

3. Weymouth Dave

Weymouth Dave Member

Mar 4, 2001
    Weymouth
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's pretty simple.
    Get Direct TV,Get there Sports Package which gives you all the local sports stations from around the country and most important gives you FoxSportsWorld,your gateway to European Soccer.When MLS is in season you can buy MLS shootout which is $49 which though it doesn't show every MLS game,does show most.All in all this works out to be enough soccer to put your marriage in serious trouble.
    Direct TV also does offer a PC connection service though personnely I dont use but a couple of people who do say it compares favorably to broadband.

Here is the PC URL
    http://directv.direcway.com/main/index.html

Here's the general DT page
    http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/see/Landing.jsp

4. lstead

lstead New Member

Jul 16, 1999
    I would advise getting DirecTV with a DirecTIVO. Or going with DISH and a DISH501. Both offer digital recording to a hard drive. They change the way you watch TV.

Either system, you're in good shape. Both offer Fox Sports World and local channels.

But really, check out the "PVR" (personal video recorder) stuff. It's just unbelievable.

This year DirecTV's version of the Shootout is better than DISH's. Last year DISH's was better than DirecTVs. So that's a wash.