Sassuolo, Cardiff, Braunschweig, Elche and Other Teams Making History Thread [R}

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'll just drop this here, seems relevant to they previous posts :p

Isco: I would say I’m a bit of an antimadridista

“I haven’t liked Madrid since I was small. The truth is, I would say I’m a bit of an antimadridista. One never knows where his future lies, but it’s a team I’ve never liked.”

“I get the impression that Real Madrid are an arrogant club, likewise the players and you don’t get anywhere without humility.”

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/62978/isco-i-would-say-im-a-bit-of-an-antimadridista/

You might want to keep this pic of him too:
    [​IMG]
    ;)

2. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^^^
    Yeah, someone mentioned the quote at the time he signed for LPB.
    But that image is something I've never seen. Any idea what year it's from?

Isco also tweeted this little jab towards Mourinho on the night of the 2011 Barca-United CL final at Wembley...

74509386059485185 is not a valid tweet id

inswinger and Imperador3 repped this.
  3. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Actually not very old.

"Mundo claim that Isco is a confessed culé and show that picture of him in a Barcelona shirt which was said to be on the night of the Champions League final in 2011, when Barcelona beat Manchester United."

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...edia-make-fun-of-real-madrid-this-could-be-a-

4. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Don't all LPB players play for the $$$$$?

Who really cares about that club?

5. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Casillas.

inswinger, jfcule and os_mutante repped this.
  6. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Poor guy. He deserves better.

7. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    I'd say Ramos and Alonso also really care about the club.

Real Sociedad lead at Lyon, what a goal from Griezmann!

8. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Another great goal for La Real, this one by Seferovic from about 25-30 yards that dips over the keeper and into goal.
    Two away goals in Lyon! :cool:

Btw, is it confirmed that if Fenerbahce advance but are then expelled that Arsenal would take their place?
    In 2011 Fenerbache were withdrawn from the group stage by the Turkish FA and were replaced by runners-up Trabzonspor, who had been knocked out in the 3rd qualifying round and were involved in the EL playoffs. And with Turkish runners-up Besiktas also under threat of being expelled by UEFA there's speculation that fourth placed Bursaspor, not Arsenal, would take Fener's place in the group stage.

9. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, not confirmed at all, but I've seen articles speculating as to what would happen if Fenerbahce lose their appeal but win the two-legged elimination round with Arsenal, and suggesting Arsenal might be the beneficiary - the lucky loser so to speak. But based on the precedent you mention and my own notions of fairness, I suspect that if Fenerbahce beat Arsenal over the two legs of the draw before Fenerbahce's ban is (potentially) upheld on appeal, then it would be a Turkish team (presumably Besitkas) replacing Fenerbahce (rather than Arsenal). It just would be much more reasonable if the CAS had rendered a decision before the match, so that Turkish replacement team could play Arsenal themselves. If anyone has clarification I'd like to know. It is all moot if Arsenal simply wins.

10. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The funny thing is Besiktas themselves are also under threat of suspension and have taken their case to the CAS. And while the decision on Fener is expected to be announced next Wednesday, Besiktas' judgement isn't expected until Friday, a day after the CL group stage draw.
    If both lose their appeals, Bursaspor would likely enter the tournament.

I hope they lose just to see how it all plays out. :D
    Fener's coefficient would likely put them in Pot 4 of the draw but if two of Schalke, Zenit and Basel fall in the playoffs Fener would move up to Pot 3. (This is assuming Lyon are not able to overturn their deficit with Real Sociedad)
    Besiktas and Bursaspor would definitely have been in Pot 4. So things could slightly get controversial.

11. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #111 Gilmango, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    ^ So first we want to see Arsenal lose, then see Fener lose their appeal, then see Turkey and not Arsenal rewarded with group stage participation in Fener's place (so Besitkas provisionally), then CL draw occurs and Besitkas is in 4th pot and gets a group assigned accordingly, then Besitkas loses their appeal, then Bursapor takes their place in said group (and promptly poses no threat to do anything more than maybe qualify for Europa in 3rd place, a competition they are already in the qualifying playoff for). That's certainly more entertaining that Arsenal simply beating Fener.

Also, just for fun, Kayserispor or Kasimpasa (last years 5th and 6th placed Turkish Super Lig squads), could get bumped up to Europa League if Besitkas or Bursapor qualify and then are kicked out (Besitkas) or bumped up (Besitkas or Bursapor).

evil_allan repped this.
  12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    At the end of the day I fully expect Arsenal to rip Fener a new one. It won't even be that close IMO. Playing in Istanbul is the most overrated thing in sports. Their home record has been terrible the past 10+ years.

Just saying....

astabooty repped this.
  13. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  14. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is it like those, if you see it you will freak type of things?

:p:ROFLMAO:

15. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #115 s7kru, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    I'd rather see none of these clubs in Europe to be honest. Kayserispor is not good enough and while they made some interesting transfers, Kasimpasa is not ready to play in Europe.

the atmosphere is extraordinary though.

And I wouldn't underrate Fenerbahce. Emenike and Sow are good attackers and their latest signing Bruno Alves has been playing good ever since he was bought. They also have more than 8 midfielders, including Meireles, Belözoglu, Topal and the super talent Salih Uçan.

I think a draw is possible.

16. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I find it funny while LPB were buying in the midfield this summer and being overloaded in other positions madristas were saying that it was no big deal and players would understand about rotation.

Now Ozil is pouting about being subbed, Iker's getting dissatified with a sub role, Coentrao wants out. What's going to happen when Illaramendi and Alonso are back from injury? Hilarious watching that team implode.

17. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Damn Webo almost took koscielny eye out with a kick on the face in the fener-arsenal game , soomuch blood from that incident , he got subbed right away hope he is ok :eek:

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    hmmm... the LPB forum's OTT title seems just a tad hypocritical... :whistling:

19. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Malaga. did i create the image nope. It was more towards debut with their new teams. whatever assholes.

20. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Someone's mad because Neymar scored a crucial away goal.
    Or because his team didn't play an official game today.
    Or it's carryover from going trophyless last season.
    So many options.

celito, barcabob1899 and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  21. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You're a fan of Real Madrid. Your stupidity is expected. No worries.

22. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    LPB's starting XI for the Supercopa...

[​IMG]

inswinger, Gilmango, Dhajj and 3 others repped this.
  23. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    they forgot to mention casillas peeping in through the window

BocaFan repped this.
  24. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Pops up to troll, gets 100% owned, pops up again to explain why pic was funny (plus to say he didn't create it so don't blame him if the trolling failed) and to finish it off with a "whatever ***holes", gets again owned.

Good times.

25. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    lol. apparently arsenal are now going after benzema, having failed to interest higuain, rooney, suarez, michu, and probably others. clueless & delusional.

admittedly, this rumour is from the Daily Mail, so probably nonsense - except that given wenger's track record, it wouldn't really surprise me that much.