Sassuolo, Cardiff, Braunschweig, Elche and Other Teams Making History Thread [R}

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I bet it's going to be just another of those games at the Bernabeu where they concede early, then get some inexplicably bad calls in their favor and go on to win 5-1 or 6-1.

New coach, same old show.

Dhajj repped this.
  2. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #77 jfcule, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    puyol repped this.
  3. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nosa slams the crossbar! I'm liking Betis's feistiness...

Looks like the font of the player names on the LPB jerseys is COMIC SANS. :sick:

4. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Do Real Madrid players know what offsides is?

5. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    They heard there were changes to the offside law and so don't know what to do.

Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  6. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well they got their win in the 86th minute but I think we looked better on the day.

7. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Was surprised about Casillas not starting. I wonder what's gonna happen, I mean now that they changed their coach, tough to see Casillas just being happy with sitting on the bench. #storm #to Monaco in January.

Seriously though, I'd like to see him play regularly, be that for LPB or for any other club. #respect #World Cup coming.

9. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Valdes: "Casillas again benched? I was surprised, for me he's the best. He saved Madrid and Spain several times with great saves." #fcblive

Sounds like Victor is tapping up Iker to be his successor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NYfan and unclesox repped this.
  10. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i'm looking forward to seeing what Man City can do this season now that they finally have a good coach.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Man City trolls Man Utd and grabs top spot in the EPL with a +4 goal differential. :D Navas looked good in his debut.

12. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]
    Laughed way too much at this. Clown.

celito, waitforit, puyol and 3 others repped this.
  13. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beyond our Super Copa there are lots of really good or at least noteworthy teams vying to make the CL group stages starting tomorrow. There better not be an Arsenal loss followed by Fenerbace being ruled out on appeal...

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2013...eague-2013-playoffs-preview-schedule-fixtures

The last time Barca had to play in this third qualifying round was in 2008 after we'd finished 3rd in La Liga behind Real M and Villarreal (both 3rd and 4th (Atlectico) in La Liga needed to qualify that year). It was Pep's first season as coach of the first team and he won Messi over by allowing him to play for Argentina in the Olympics even after the club had litigated (successfully but short sightedly) with the Argentina federation to have Messi at the club in time to play mighty Wisla Krakow. Barca won 4-1 on aggregate, after 4-0 at home, no Messi needed (Messi led Argentina to 6 straight wins and their 2nd consecutive undefeated run for their 2nd Olympic gold medal), Pep won over Messi and also soothed any ill will between Messi and the club. Oh, and we went on to win the CL, the treble which became the sextuple, and Messi won the CL golden boot and his first world player of the year trophy.

14. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    One of the few times I can remember Barca not wearing their Blaugrana shirts at Camp Nou. Wisla had only brought their home red shirts but UEFA deemed it a clash of colors so Barca were forced to wear their away yellow shirts. In return Wisla switched to their away white for the second leg allowing Barca to wear the Blaugrana in Poland.
    Other occasions I know of when Barca wore alternate kits at home:
    1990-91 Cup Winners Cup v Fram Reykjavik 3-0 (red shirts)
    1984-85 Cup Winners Cup v FC Metz 1-4 (yellow shirts)

Btw, regarding the CL playoffs I'm really interested in that Olympique Lyon-Real Sociedad matchup. Hopefully La Real will go through but it will be a tough task.

Gilmango and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  15. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  16. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^ you clearly don't know the history of your player. Yesterday was not Isco's debut in la liga + unlike Neymar, he started the match. Now run away...

NYfan, BocaFan, puyol and 2 others repped this.
  17. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great info on the shirts. Re CL playoffs Lyon-Sociedad is definitely most interesting but I think Milan-PSV; Arsenal-Fenerbace; and Schalke - PAOK are all potentially interesting, the latter two mainly due to Arsenal and Schalke looking vulnerable. So mainly I'll watch La Real and then the 2nd legs where a big side looks vulnerable or a draw is simply wide open. But beyond the squads I named it is hard for me to see any of these teams advancing beyond the group stage, much less winning it all like Barca in 2008-09.

18. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Rumours flying in from this and that way that Bale to LPB is a done deal, 93M pounds and Coentrao. Never cool to see a great player join LPB, but in this case I'm ok as the price is so ridiculous. Of course, he could in the long-term become a sort of "worth every penny" kinda player, but still.

(that said, obv not official until official)

19. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    ^ What a jerk-off. As if anybody will pay him more now that we all know he's 29 years old.

--- --- --
    Yikes! Elche get blasted 3-nil by Rayo in their opener last night! Not a good sign. Barca and/or Madrid could eclipse 150 league goals this season with teams like Elche and Almeria around. Not to mention Atletico, Malaga, Sevilla, Valencia etc look weaker on paper. :cautious:

21. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'll be more impressed if FCB or LPB can go through the season unbeaten.

22. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Real Betis show real potential..

I loved their playing style

23. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    @nicafornica Lol tries to troll Barca forum, only to be completely wrong with obvious facts. Hey nicyfornifnck, guess where Isco played last season.

You're a dumb fnck

24. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    When you see you're hated rival win 7-0 you invent look for things to comfort you.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Sadly, he's not the first Madrid poster to use that meme in the last 2 days.