Sardar Azmoun

Discussion in 'Iran' started by PersianLegion, Feb 9, 2015.

1. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sardar Azmoun spotted supporting Manchester United after snubbing Liverpool in January

[​IMG]

Liverpool target Sardar Azmoun has been pictured in a Manchester United shirt after turning down a transfer to Anfield in the January transfer window.

Azmoun has scored 22 goals in 63 appearances for Rostov since making his debut for the Russian outfit back in 2015 but the 22-year-old forward was heavily linked with a move to Merseyside after impressing in Europe.

The Iranian scored against Bayern Munich in the Champions League before starring for Rostov in their Europa League tie with Jose Mourinho’s United back in March.

Azmoun is already being compared to Red Devils striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and it appears the young attacker is an avid admirer of the iconic Swede.

[​IMG]

After Rostov’s defeat at Old Trafford, Azmoun uploaded a picture of the pair to his Instagram page and he shared a picture of himself wearing Ibrahimovic’s No 9 shirt this week.

Last month he revealed: ‘There were talks of Liverpool having expressed an interest in me during the past winter transfer window.

‘However, I did not feel the time to move was right.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/07/sarda...g-liverpool-in-january-6559732/#ixzz4duL5IUrA

2. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  3. wonder1990

wonder1990 New Member

Rostov
    Russia
    Apr 23, 2017
    I thought he would score at least 10 goals this season but his overall performance has been disappointing..... I still think he is top 4 league material but he really needs to step up his game if you remember his age 22 isn't that young in the world of football. Good luck. (sorry for my bad English)

KiarashM and Zandi360 repped this.
  4. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    This happens when you want a new challenge, every young players had this moment. I'm pretty sure he's already thinking about his next move.

KiarashM and Zandi360 repped this.
  5. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He definitely needs to wake up, Rostov's extreme defense style is not helping but no excuses IMO.

I think he should still leave to a bigger league to get a new start. Im pretty sure he would do very good in a more offensive minded team. For now wouldn't be surprised if he gets benched for Ghoochannejhad in the national team

6. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sardar should move to France or Portugal at this rate staying in Russia doesn't help him anymore.

KiarashM repped this.
  7. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    not only doesn't help, but also can hurt him badly.

8. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    All Iranian fans are pissed at him not scoring any goal for past month and staying in Rostov. He is an Iranian Turkmen and very close to his team manager Kurbanberdyiev a Russian Turkmen. I think Sardar is not mature enough to make the decision himself. He still acts like a child. He needs to grow up before moving to any big club.

KiarashM, Zandi360 and Marco91 repped this.
  9. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  10. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It seems he gave his notice to Rostov management to leave the team in summer as free agent. Rostov is in deep financial trouble. This can relate to that and also Berdiyev leaving the team. I think players can null contracts if their clubs fail to pay their full contracts. I thought only Iranian clubs are struggling to pay their players but it is also happening in Spain, Greece and Russia!

11. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    He should join Dijon Fco, so he can form the asian duo with Kwon. :D

12. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't think he leaves Rostov to join a relegation zone French team. This is supposed to be his big move that we have been waiting for since he moved to RPL.

13. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    i was joking but the french league should be a good stepping stone.

KiarashM repped this.
  14. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Anywhere he goes, he has to be in a team that plays offensive football.

A top Eredivisie team or Ligue 1 / Liga NOS is the most logical next step IMO.

+PL+ repped this.
  15. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Brace vs his former team Rubin Kazan in RPL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wonder1990 and Marco91 repped this.
  16. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Back-heel goal vs Anzhi (Ezzatollahi's team)

[​IMG]

Marco91 repped this.
  17. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Linked with Spartak again -_-

18. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ^ Only if Papa Smurf goes there.

19. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  20. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    According to Russian media, he had offers from Serie A, EPL, Bundesliga as Rostov received 3 offers from those leagues, but ultimately he decided to...rejoin Rubin Kazan and follow his daddy Berdyev.

He's honestly dumb.

Both Jahanbakhsh and Mohammadi will probably play in a top 3 league sooner than him...

21. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

22. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    it's official: he's dumb..not really his fault, someone are born dumb... there is nothing we can do.

+PL+, KiarashM and Zandi360 repped this.
  23. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  24. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    KiarashM repped this.
  25. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You never know what to expect with Iranian transfers...let's hope he finally uses his brains

Marco91 and Zandi360 repped this.