Sarajevo Derby

Discussion in 'Premijer Liga' started by barbarezboss, Oct 30, 2012.

1. barbarezboss

barbarezboss Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    You guys ready for the Sarajevo derby?

Sarajevo vs. Zeljeznicar at Kosevo.

Match is played this Saturday. If you guys find any links, please post them because I plan on watching this game.

Another mini Sarajevo derby as well: Olimpik vs. Slavija

2. Dizdar

Dizdar Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Apparently south side or whichever side of Kosevo was the empty one is open again..Sarajevo and Zeljo top the table and both have the same amount of points.. 26. If this shit doesnt reach at least 20,000 attendace for this game, it never will.

Predictions anybody?? Sarajevo 2-2 Zeljeznicar

go zeljooo!

3. DadoIsNumeroUno

DadoIsNumeroUno Member+

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I think 2-1 for FKS.

4. Dizdar

Dizdar Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    I have a feeling Zajko Zeba will shine :)

awesome video I found

some really sick moves there. he was ten times better for us though. I dont understand how no one has made a highlight vid of him at zeljo yet.

5. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    That is the West Stand..
    I don't think they closed it for BPL only UEFA comp.

6. BHF

BHF Member+

Jul 15, 2012
  7. Dizdar

Dizdar Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    cant wait for this match, 2 more days to go!!

so I was thinking today, how good would a combined Zeljeznicar/Sarajevo team look?? imagine this:

----------------Antolovic
    Colic----Dupovac----Torlak----Kvesic
    ----------Svraka-----------Sesar
    --Suljic-----------Zeba-------Husejinovic
    ------------------Adilovic

and bench: Bandovic, Belosevic, Bogicevic, Zolotic, Bekric, Hadzic

8. Djerzelez

Djerzelez Red Card

Jun 13, 2012
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    That team would have gotten into Europa League group stages, no question about it.

In any case.

HAJDE ZELJOOOO

DadoIsNumeroUno repped this.
  9. BHF

BHF Member+

Jul 15, 2012
  10. BHF

BHF Member+

Jul 15, 2012
    Sarajevo stage set for unique eternal derby - UEFA.com

[​IMG]

Bosnia and Herzegovina's eternal derby between FK Sarajevo and FK Željezničar is always special but Saturday's 100th instalment could lift the rivalry to a new stratosphere.

Bosnia and Herzegovina's eternal derby is always eagerly awaited but Saturday's meeting, the 100th instalment, has been circled on calendars for months in the capital and beyond. FK Sarajevo and FK Željezničar, the nation's biggest sides, sit level at the Premier League summit, vying to be No1 – in every respect. Since Sarajevo romped to a 6-1 triumph against their more established cross-city neighbours 58 years ago, on 10 October 1954, their encounters have become the stuff of legend. The fixture quickly established itself as one of the big two in the former Yugoslavia, alongside the great Belgrade derby between FK Partizan and FK Crvena Zvezda. Time was measured not in weeks and months, but in days until the next one.

Neighbourhoods, streets, even families were divided along footballing lines although the rivalry has almost exclusively been restricted to the stadiums. Traditionally the fans would make their way to the suburbs of Grbavica and Kosevo side by side, part company at their respective tribunes to watch the game before convening after full time for the walk home. Fiercest of rivals, best of friends.

Bragging rights have been lost and regained throughout an endless cycle. As they approach this 100th clash, Željezničar boast 31 wins to Sarajevo's 30, while May's 2-2 stalemate was the 38th draw. Honours even, not that it made for a more tranquil journey home – three days earlier Željezničar had captured their fourth Premier League title, eclipsing Sarajevo's sole 2006/07 triumph. This time there is everything to play for, with the teams locked at the summit after 11 games, five points clear of the pack after an identical start of nine wins, a draw and a defeat. Not that the players require further motivation according to Bosnia and Herzegovina boss and ex-Sarajevo playmaker Safet Sušić. "To coach the national team is an honour and obligation, but playing in the eternal derby is unique.

"You carry the feeling with you forever. The players from both teams always lived for the derby. We were friends before the derby and remained so after." Former Željezničar midfielder and coach Ivica Osim echoed that sentiment: "Playing international football is the biggest thing you can achieve in football, but to play the eternal derby was pretty special. You waited for it with impatience, though when it was over we all kind of felt like winners."

Sarajevo derby – key facts
    Wins: Sarajevo (30), Željezničar (31), Draws (38)
    Most appearances: Muhamed Alaim (Sarajevo), Faruk Ihtijarević (Sarajevo, Željezničar) 22
    Most goals: Asim Ferhatović Hase (Sarajevo), Dželaludin Muharemović (Željezničar) 6

11. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I'm a FKS fan but that was a cool video..
    And something about Grbavica I like... its very cozy.. I just like the style of stadium it is, and the trees in the background make it seem sick. Kosevo is always empty.. its a better stadium but I just like the design of Grbavica. Renovations to the stadium would make it real nice though, I would like to see Bosnia play here in the future.

12. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Being probably the only one who isn't either an FKS or Zeljo fan on these forums, it's hard for me to pick a side to root for in the derbies. I normally go with FKS, and I will be doing the same this year. ;) I hope the atmosphere is nice, around 25,000+ would very good. Lots of hype surrounding this particular year's derby, more than before, probably because it's the 100th, and both teams are fighting for first place. Should be an amazing game.

13. BHF

BHF Member+

Jul 15, 2012
    Finished 0-0. Armin Hodzic made his Premier League debut. Played 5 mins.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Djerzelez

Djerzelez Red Card

Jun 13, 2012
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    From the Dynamo Dresden fans:

[​IMG]

Congrats to Sarajevo, but Zeljo is the better team and we'll show it in the remainder of the season. ;)

Dizdar repped this.
  15. ValterBayern

ValterBayern Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

The goal.

At least we had a winner this time around, I hate when these end in a draw

16. Djerzelez

Djerzelez Red Card

Jun 13, 2012
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Whats all this nonsense being raised with Husejinovic? Now Dedovic came out and said he sucks. What the hell?

17. Dizdar

Dizdar Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    So I watched the match.. you can see the entire game again here..

I thought we played very well.. better than Sarajevo. we seriously need to start finishing though. we dont have a single player in the top scoring charts.. that kid cemalovic from velez is scoring more goals than our top guys (ive been saying for a long time we need that kid). Adilovic was excellent though.. his ball holding skills up front are the best in the league.. the man is pure power. best performer of the night was a tie between Nermin Zolotic and Josip Kvesic.. both of which I expect in our senior national team starting lineup not long from now. Bekric and Hodzic shouldve both gotten the last 20 minutes.. I saw Hodzic against Slavija, that kid is pure class.

our fans were great.. the flares were great as well, who gives a shit about the fines.. just burn everything to the ground man, its the 100th ********ing derby.

anyways, FKS played two more home matches than us, plus we await them in Grbavica next half of the season where I expect nothing short of a thrashing of the pederi..ahem..pitari.. so we're still in a better position than them for the title, plus we have a cup to win as well. Hajmo ZELJO!!! Hajmo dupla kruna!!

Djerzelez repped this.
  18. barbarezboss

barbarezboss Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Did anyone else see Zolotic crying after the match?

This kid along with Kvesic give their heart and soul for Zeljeznicar. Those are the types of players that succeed in our national team.

Zolotic deserves the national team call-up over both Svraka and Sesar in my opinion.

Djerzelez repped this.