Santos Vs. Riverplate [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by Otaku, May 4, 2004.

1. Enganche

Enganche Red Card

Apr 30, 2003
    I love reading you llorones crying about this game. You all know no Mexican team can win a penalty shootout. Even if the penalty stop by Lucchetti (who played a great game) wasn't annulled, someone from Santos would have missed another penalty. It's inevitable with Mexican teams.

Listen Santos played a pretty good game but they completely renounced attacking after going up 2-0. And why don't you blame Santos' coach for not taking out Borgetti? The guy had no legs left and was just trotting out there. Santos has no one but themselves to blame for this loss.

Now back to your regularly scheduled crying contrest.

2. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    That statement is just pure ignorance. Did you even watch the game?

Look, it's one thing to lose fair and square.
    It's another to be cheated.

I bet if all of us regulars on the Mexico board set aside our biases for Mexican teams, we would all still be as upset with the result of the game.

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

rdl...... just ignore this guy..........

4. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    Dude, how can you coach a team that being cheated on, i dont know if your just one of them SURAMERICA unidos cause our countries valen vrga people or just lame ass centroamericano unido cause our countries valen mas vrga people.

5. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Si De la Torre no dice nada es para mentarle la madre siempre. Que robo asqueroso. El peor robo en la historia. Yo pensaba que RDL era un exagerado pero despues de verlo es como mandarlos a la chi#gada. Ya esta bien si se creen que nos van a pisotear. Hay que poner el grito en el cielo, todos, hasta fox sports por la cabro##da. En mi vida habia visto un ejemplo tan claro de un portero que no se mueve de la linea. Y lux se adelanto frente a Cariño. Pinches ladrones asquerosos.

6. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    totalmente de acuerdo con ustedes.

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I dont exagerate....

America in Buenos Aires where they lose 4-1 to Boca in 2000. Remember the 1st goal the dude was on the floor and knocked it in with his forearm?

OR what about the 2 clear PKs that were not awarded to Cruz Azul in Buenos Aires. They still won the match but lost in PKS

Or what about the PK awarded against America in Brazil back in 2002. THe ball was out of play. Against Sao Caetano

Or what about the goal that was allowed against Cruz Azul when Diego (Santos) dropped kick COnejo Perez in the quarterfinals of last year.

Or what about Santos tonight?

am i still exagerrating...

I will say though.... the Santos and Cruz Azul were the most shady games...

8. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Martin Lieberman, Argentinean of Fox Sports and respected, just said that the ref´s should quit tomorrow because of such a clear robbery. Its cries in the eyes of god. As for RdL, please I just told you basically you were right so stop criticizing me and talking so high about yourself.

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    i didnt mean to get all over you... just refreshing your memory of all the shady phucking games.....

thats why i am tired of it and hope we do not spend one cent on thier phucking tournaments anymore.....

10. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    just a thought. I know rdl is right and he gave a lot of examples of mexican teams getting screwed over the years.

1 good news for mexican teams that you might not have thought of is that Blatter wants to scrap the intercontinental cup and this might help mexican teams. Conmebol doesn't want Mexicans to play in it if they win Copa Libertadores, we know they have screwed Mexican teams in the later stages and the intercontinental cup is one of the reasons. If a Mexican team won copa libertadores the whole controversy it would cause of them not playing the intercontinental cup would end up causing conmebol to change against its will.

now the intercontinental cup is gone, one obstacle less.

11. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    Whos martin lieberman,,, lieberman, the one who ran for president?

12. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Let me state that the linesman was incorrect in his call against the Santos during penalty kicks. Having said that...

Since Santos had twelve men on the field during the match, it was shocking River Plate got a call in their favor at all. The arbitro should have been wearing a Santos jersey.

The attempt to break Eduardo Coudet's leg was a disgrace and should have resulted in an expolsion. But it succeeded in getting him out of the game. Congratulations.

13. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Saw that too. That was the sentiment of all in the Fox Sports people and I should think of all unbiased fans.

A real shame as the game had tremendous drama. When River was down 2-0, they turned it up a notch. They are a great team, no doubt. Santos deserved a better fate. They beat River in Argentina and it's unfortunate that what people will remember about the game is a biased linesman's call.

14. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Please it was coudet's leg that hit the santos player leg on the back swing. He shouldn't have been wearing anybodies jersey, he should have been fair. But since this is conmebol and we were playing river... this is what you get.

15. El_Maestro

El_Maestro Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Planet Earth
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Bienvenidos a la Libertadores... again.

Si, efectivamente, tienen toda la razón, robo descarado. Yo estaba viendo Fox y no podía creerlo. Yo lo he mantenido toda la vida y mi teoría siempre se cumple, los árbitros paraguayos son los peores del mundo.

Sé que los mexicanos de este foro no tienen forma de comprobarlo pero así de descarados eran los arbitrajes de la Copa en los 60´s y 70´s a favor de los grandes. Ahora entre Sudamericanos no es tan así, solo a los mexicanos les ven la cara. Sounds ugly but it´s true y como Sudamericano lo reconozco.

Ahora, on the other hand...

Yeah right, better talent, like Luchetti, Pony Ruiz, Sixto Peralta and Vuosso, yeah, I love Mexican talent.

16. nergserg

nergserg Member

Jan 15, 2004
    SoCal
    <Vent>

I am just recovering from last night and have one thing to say...!que chingue su madre la CONMEBOL! We will keep playing in your fixed fcukin tournaments and we will win. Take that to the bank. We will win your fcukin Libertadores and Copa America sooner than later.

Bad refs, organization, and administration can only save your a$$ so long. Les vamos a partir la madre hijos de la gran ********. Enjoy it now putos, but your time will come.

</Vent>

Like El Maestro points out, it seems like we have to go through these pains, its almost like a right of passage. I was naive to believe that these sort of things (fixed and arranged games) were things of the past. I was wrong. The integrity of the sport has been compromised by the political agendas of CONMEBOL execs. Laugh now but your collective clocks are ticking biaaaaaaaatches.

“Un Guerrero Nunca Muere” just gets cheated...

17. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Manden cartas a la ultima palabra y al gordo bastardo de fernando miembro que esta diciendo que estuvo bien. Gordo imbecil diciendo que se adelanto por como 5 centimetros y que lux no se adelanto porque se quedo un pie en la linea cuando el otro fukin pie como 20 al frente.

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

19. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Thats messed up, poor luchetti, but I respect the way he is taking it. props

20. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    he is being sarcastic.

21. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Tecos,

If you want to make a case he was slightly above the line.. OKAY by a few centimeters. But the River GK was further up.

I dont buy it was a mistake. THe linesmen only has one duty. How hard is it to do that? How do you mess that up and why dont you use the same criteria for the other keeper who was further up?

22. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    What about that attempt to break el pony's leg? Don't you remember that riverplate player, his name was nasuti or something like that? That is also a disgrace. That defender should have recieved a red card for that.

23. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

is la ulitima palabra still on?

24. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ah nevermind, its still on...

25. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He isn't being sarcastic he is just is saying that he wishes that it really had been a mistake on the line judges part, but he knows that it wasn't a mistake, it was a robbery . Either way I was being serious, I feel sorry for him and I do like how he's taking the robbery.