Santos official thread. (r)

Discussion in 'Club Santos Laguna' started by toot86, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #1076 Vinodivino, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    Importantisima victoria de ayer; seguimos vivos. Si llegamos a liguilla, nuestra temporada mediocre no importará.

Buen artículo de Faitelson.

shinymetalbrass and Golashole repped this.
  2. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  3. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    ******** we're getting wrecked Quintero and Rodriguez are part of the core of the team... At least Cejas is getting the boot, hopefully Calderon as well

4. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I can't read the article where I'm at, but does it really say that Quintero asked to leave? That's shocking. I don't mind Rodriguez leaving; it's been long overdue, IMO. Other than Ribair, who got a raw deal, no one on that list should matter much.

Rodriguez is a major reason why we struggle to take control of the midfield. Think of old Torrado on the National Team. Juan has lost several steps over the years, and it's time we upgrade the mid. It's by far our biggest area of weakness. If we patch that up, we could be the most complete team in the league. No one else would be able to match our attack (unless we lose Quintero, seriously WTF?).

5. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    Idk man he's prone to mistakes as of late but we looked seriously weak in the stretch of games towards the middle of the season where we lost him. It's gonna be a tough job to replace him.

Unfortunately it does look like Quintero asked for the move. Hopefully, it to go to Europe and not another mex team, although the money would be nice.

6. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Darwin:cry:

Hold him to his contract goddamit.

If he goes hopefully its to Europe like Montero. He seems to be working out for Swansea, maybe a team will take a chance on Darwin.

Dr. Deplorable repped this.
  7. santo

santo Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Really bummed about Darwin, please go to Europe and not to America. Looks like we are in for a shake up. Renteria will have to step up like when chucho left.

I guess we are looking at that Argentinean from the Colombian league and the portero from Costa Rica.

8. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Any more news on Cano? He's been linked to Pachuca also.

9. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
  10. Golashole

Golashole Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    man... quintero leaving hurts. whats going on with management, our best players always leaving. i guess we are a selling club or at least a club with low ambition management.

11. santo

santo Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We need to fully support Renteria to be our next Quintero. Even though I hate that Darwin is leaving I feel like he never reached his potential and got lost in the big games. We are definitely in rebuilding but it might be the only way.

12. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    I fully trust in Renteria Chuleta and Djaniny to carry our team offensively as I trust our current defense once Oswaldo leaves. The problem for us right now is the mid. Ceballos is crap, Escoboza may never return to his pre-injury self, and Salinas failed to take control of the mid this season.

Chato and Cejas will be gone next season but no mention of Calderon makes me nervous

13. Golashole

Golashole Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i haven't watched much this season... is the signing from atlas any good?

14. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    The season he came back from Atlas and the one before last he was pretty good in the games I saw but haven't heard much since

Golashole repped this.
  15. Golashole

Golashole Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    aver como nos va. thanks for the update

16. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Is this the thread for la cantera del America?
    lol

LGRod repped this.
  17. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    I don't mind getting players on the cheap, have them explode and win silverware for us, then selling to those chumps for 3x's profit making it possible to get better players.

18. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  19. Golashole

Golashole Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Way to blow a lead huh...

Anyone have any opinions about the game? I didn't expect to lose but I'm not surprised. At least the jerseys are nice...

20. Golashole

Golashole Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Monterrey is shittier than we are :)

El Pipiripau repped this.