Sand League 2020-21 Post-Draft, Pre-Season Squad Adjustment Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Hal, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    The Sand League 2020-21 Post-Draft Pre-Season Squad Adjustment period begins 24 hours after the last pick is made. We can also schedule it to ensure all the managers, regardless of time zone, have a likelihood of being available when the Post-Draft, Pre-Season Squad Adjustment period begins. We'll discuss this more as we get a sense when Mal, aka Parraraiders, is likely to make the last pick.

This period works on a first come, first served basis, based on the order of the posts in this thread. As some computer clocks are slightly different, you might want to make a practice, fictional, post 30 min or so before the period opens to be able to determine whether there is any lead or lag between your clock and this thread's clock. If there are high profile players who have been added since the draft started, it could be a dog fight to see who gets their post in first. If it comes before the period, it doesn't count.

I don't see Messi getting confirmed as a transfer and getting added to the FPL database before the window opens.

In order to be acquired, a player must have been added into the FPL database. So this means that some of you might be monitoring when a high profile player gets added to the database. Another trick is to monitor the other All Rocks leagues' post-draft threads, you might see a flurry of activity due to the diligence of one of their managers, so you know to confirm the player you want has just been added to the FPL database and you can make your attempt to sign him before another Sand League manager pounces.

I've never been able to figure out the schedule that FPL updates their player database. I used to think it was only in the evening, but I missed out on some chances when a player was added during the day. Also, just because the trade has been shown as a done deal, that doesn't coincide with being added to the database. There have been several "Done Deals" since the draft began, but I haven't seen these players added to the database yet.

2. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    First transfer allowed at 755pm central

3. Bilbo43

Bilbo43 Member

Liverpool FC
    Australia
    Aug 24, 2020
    I noticed the spreadsheet missed my last pick. Is this critical?

4. Bilbo43

Bilbo43 Member

Liverpool FC
    Australia
    Aug 24, 2020
    I've managed to fix it up anyway

kopiteinkc repped this.
  5. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    That would be 1:55 AM BST. Not a fair time for the free for all for Tom.

If Mal makes his last pick at 7 AM EAUS, then that would be 10 PM BST, 5 PM EDT, and 4 PM CDT.

Mal, please make your last pick at 7AM EAUS. And if you miss that target, we'll still start the free-for-all at that time.

6. Tpadams

Tpadams Member

Liverpool FC
    England
    Jul 29, 2019
    To be honest, I am unlikely to be rushing to make any transfers immediately when the window opens, based on where we are now, so I wouldn't worry too much about the time. As you say it's unlikely Messi will be confirmed and on the site today!

7. Bilbo43

Bilbo43 Member

Liverpool FC
    Australia
    Aug 24, 2020
    Is there anyone that people are dying to get that will be released by the game in 24 hours time? The only announced signings so far seem to be bench picks at best anyway

8. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999

Based on the comments above, especially Tom's being OK with this start of the Post-Draft, Pre-Season Squad Adjustment period, then let's stick to the 24 hr after the last pick to open the squad adjustment period.

As Mark said, the first transfer will be allowed tonight, Wednesday (EDT) 9/2, after 7:55 PM CDT, 8:55 PM EDT, 1:55 AM BST, and 10:55 AM EAUS. Did I get all those time zones correct?

kopiteinkc and Bilbo43 repped this.
  9. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Anyone want to make me a realistic trade offer before the open period?

10. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    DeBruyne? :laugh:

11. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    So for Salah and Alexander-Arnold, I give you DeBruyne and your pick of my defenders? Of course that means I'll have to unload another player to make it work financially.

12. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Errr No [emoji106]

13. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Well, at least I tried! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

kopiteinkc repped this.
  14. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Remember to post in here any transfers first - once you see you were the first to grab a particular player you can then adjust the google sheet

Final reminder the player MUST be in the official fantasy site with a value associated

Often there is a gap between a clubs official announcement and being added to the fantasy site

Bilbo43 and Mal (smash ya out) repped this.
  15. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Aviators:
    OUT: Aurier D TOT 5.5
    IN: Thiago D CHE 5.5

lobomojo repped this.
  16. Bilbo43

Bilbo43 Member

Liverpool FC
    Australia
    Aug 24, 2020
    Virgil Reality:
    OUT: Almirion M NEW 6.0
    IN: Anguissa M FUL 4.5

17. Pacemaster14

Pacemaster14 New Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Aug 17, 2020
    Hakuna Arteta:
    OUT: Jay Rodriguez
    IN: Rodrigo Moreno

18. Pacemaster14

Pacemaster14 New Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Aug 17, 2020
    Whoops forgot some info in my above post, correcting it here, my bad!

Hakuna Arteta:
    OUT: Jay Rodriguez F BUR 6.0
    IN: Rodrigo Moreno F LEE 6.0

19. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Added the following players to our Sand League Google sheets (The Draft Players List). These players have been added to the FPL Player List since the beginning of the draft. I then changed the team colors for players dropped above back to neutral white, and highlighted the two newly added players with the color of their Sand League team.

Gabriel Magalhaes DEF ARS 5.0
    Thiago Silva DEF CHE 5.5 (Acquired by Aviators)
    Reed, Harrison MID FUL 4.5 (Actually just changed from SOU to FUL, repositioned him with his FUL teammates)
    Lemina MID FUL 4.5
    Koch DEF LEE 4.5
    Rodrigo FWD LEE 6.0 (Acquired by Hakuna Arteta)

kopiteinkc repped this.
  20. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Added new AVL defender to our drafted Players List after he was added to FPL database.

Cash DEF AVL 5.0

21. Norm Coyle

Norm Coyle Member+

Jul 14, 2015
    Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stormin Gunners

Out: Adrian G LIV
    In: de Gea G MUN

22. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The new Man U midfielder from Ajax is in too

23. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Where do you see that? I just went to the FPL Transfers and looked at MUN and didn't see any new players.

24. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    He's there. 7.0.

You may need to click to page 2 as he is the last mid with 0 points.

Hal, Are you really going to try to update a full player list on GDoc for the entire season? It's the big piece we have always been missing but it will be enormous task that isnt worth the minimal upside in my view. Much admiration to your dedication and good luck.

25. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Blech is correct there are two MU players on their second page