Sand League 2019-20 Official Draft Banter and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Hal, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If we can get this back to me by 9pm AWST (UTC+8) tonight , then it can complete whilst I sleep .

2. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Unless people are leaving proxies, it will need to be back to in the next 30-60 minutes or we will be stopping at some point.

I'm still 3 picks away from making the turn, but once I have made the turn, everyone should feel free to send me proxies if they would like. (If you send now, I wont open until after I've picked, but that's up to you).

3. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I have Stormin Gunners proxies for Round 14 and 15 picks, so if Kicking & Screaming and blechs dawgs make their round 13 and 14 picks, we'll almost be back to Tom for when he wakes up if Morning Glory, also CDT, makes his round 14 pick..

4. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If it gets back to Stormin Norman ... I can do one my round 14 pick as there's nobody else ahead of me needing a defender.
    Then I only need a proxy list for back up goalkeeper

5. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I haven't heard from David if he is still up. Someone text me if he picks in the next 30 min and sends someone (aka me) a proxy for his round 14 pick. Then I'll wait up for blech to pick two and then post the proxies for David and Norm.

6. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Overtaken VSR they are still in round 12.

7. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Having not heard from David, I guess we are done for the day.

Well done everyone, we should finish tomorrow!

Sonabert repped this.
  8. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I'm off to bed shortly. I've sent Hal my proxies for 13-8 and 14-1, so you wont need to wait for me in the morning and we can proceed with 14 and 15.

It does look like we can finish tomorrow. As a reminder, once we finish, everything is locked for 24 hours, and then changes can be made in the league forum on the FPL site. Given the varying time zones, we have tried in some seasons to schedule the last pick for a time when everyone will be awake and can, if they desire, participate. If we can agree on such a time, I'd be in favor of adjusting the 24 hour rule. Alternatively, I can just wait to make the last pick until the correct time...

Note, even if you are not interested in any players who have been added since we started, there can be trickle down effect as other players may get cut to free up a roster spot and/or cash, and you may fancy one or more of them. Yes, hard to believe that we dont love all 15 of our players, but sometimes there is a good deal of shuffling...

Great job all. It's been fun.

Sonabert repped this.
  9. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    First, it's been a year since I participated in these leagues, but I can't find the "league forum" on the FPL site. Unless someone can show me how to access it, we'll make all our transactions posts in a Post-Draft Pre-Season Squad adjustment thread here at BigSoccer that I will create after our draft is complete.

As for the time, if 7 AM isn't too early for you, I suggest that we make that the time we open the post draft pre-season squad adjustment 7AM PDT = 9AM CDT = 10 AM EDT = 3 PM BST = 10 PM WAUS. 6 AM PDT would also work for the rest of us.

10. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    What day are you thinking Hal ? Tuesday night for me or Wednesday night ? I'm out on Tuesday nights, so would prefer Wednesday.

11. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There is no forum anymore- transfer thread here is best option as it provides date time stamp

12. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    What day is it in Perth right now? It's Mon Morning here.

13. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Monday night

14. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Using the world clock, it's 9 40 PM Mon night in Perth right now. Sonabert has requested that we not start the Post-Draft Pre-Season squad adjustment free-for-all on Tues evening his time as he has a conflict. Therefore, let's start the Sand League 2019-20 Post-Draft, Pre-Season, Squad Adjustment period beginning on Wed morning in the US at the following times:

Wed - 8/7/2019

PDT 7 AM (blech)
    CDT 9 AM (pato2384, David Bartels)
    EDT 10 AM (wingtips1, Hal, Norm Coyle)
    BST 3 PM (tpadams)
    WAUS 10 PM (sonabert)

If blech is willing to do 6 AM we could move this all up 1 hour. Let's let blech decide.

15. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    By starting at 6 AM PDT, 6:30 AM PDT, or 7 AM PDT on Wednesday morning 8/7/2019, whichever blech chooses and let's us know, we'll have almost two more days for the FPL to add players names to their database.

Typically, on the opening gameweek, the FPL adds all the names of those who made the Gameday roster, who were not added before the start of the opening game. Even though there have been several announced signings, FPL hasn't added them yet to the database. Some of those announcements will end up playing on the team's U23 side and won't show up in the senior team database. Also, FPL has yet to drop many of the announced players who have transferred to clubs outside the EPL. These too will be cleaned up after GW1.

As of last night when I checked, these are all the names (5) that have been added since we locked our FPL Player List at the start of our draft:

Willock ARS MID 5.0 4

Nicolas Pepe ARS MID 9.5 0

Nelson ARS MID 5.5 0

Nakamba AVL MID 4.5 0

Danjuma BOU MID 6.0 0

16. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Add Moise Ken to that list - Everton forward for 7.0

17. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    After you've made your last pick, you should load all your players in your FPL team. So far, all but Tips' Terriers have joined our Sand League 2019-20. I'll resend the league code to Matt.

Everyone should also join the All Rocks 2019-2020. The code has been sent out a couple of times. Let me know if you need me to resend it. This is the site where administrators of our Inter and Intra League cup competitions can find all the weekly scores to update the results of their competitions for that week. I say should join, but really it's a must to join.

You'll notice some of the All Rocks League members also put on some inter and intra league competitions, everyone is invited to join the Stadler Waldorf Cup 2019-2020. The code for that has be posted in other threads. This is a league where all the all rocks teams that join end up playing in head to head matches against each other.

I'll start separate threads for the Post-Draft, Pre-Season Squad adjustments and the Sand League 2019-20 In Season Transfers. In both, my early post will describe how our first come, first served system works. For example, when you want to pick someone up, you post which player, team, pos, salary you are dropping back into free agency and which player team pos salary, you want to add to your roster. If you are the first person to post acquiring that free agent player, you can then add him to your team.

BIG CAUTION - sometimes you need to make a multiple player move to get enough funds to acquire the more expensive new player. If you make a post with multiple moves at once, and if someone else has posted for one of your proposed acquisitions, your ENTIRE post is voided. So sometimes it is better to separate your acquisitons into two separate posts, the first where you get enough funds to make the 2nd post viable.

Illegal posts are those for which you do not have sufficient funds or for players who are already on another team.

During the season, if swoops for players on other teams aren't caught and corrected for prior to gameweek, there are additional penalties assessed.

18. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    WELL DONE - SAND LEAGUE MANAGERS!!!

We basically finished the draft in less than 5 days!

19. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    we need Wingtips in the leagues. Sand, All Rocks and Stadler Waldor Cup

20. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    As it was apparently left to me, free agency starts on Wednesday at 7 am PDT

21. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If anyone wants to join an Open Team League the code is:

d4lvrk

:)

kopiteinkc repped this.