Sand League 2019-20 Official Draft Banter and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Hal, Jul 31, 2019.

1. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I dont intend to rebuild or put back in all the bells and whistles that I had on my old Google doc unless everyone asks, but i did for now add a second sheet in which I'll track the picks by round and pick. If you want to update your own picks on this sheet when you add them, feel free, but I'll otherwise update it myself as we go.

Glad to see we are moving. I haven't paid attention yet to the time zones so not sure when well hit our breaking points but it always works out.

2. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Is everyone in contact with the person that selects before and after them?

I know we had a hiccup replacing a manager, but I thought we'd move faster than this.

I haven't seen any posts saying someone would be not available for a while, but they gave their proxy pick to someone else. Perhaps some managers gave proxy picks to someone, but the person who picked before you doesn't know how to contact the proxy picker.

I'm open to suggestions for improving the communications process.

3. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Emails should work fine ....... I only need to hear from one person .... If they send me a direct message on here it also sends an email ;-)

Maybe we should see where each blockage occurs and assist that person with finding a solution ....

4. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nice one Hal & Wingtips , we took that corner quicker than TAA & Origi ... lol

kopiteinkc repped this.
  5. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Now that's more like it.

I expect we are done for the night as Tom, manager of Lokomotiv Lewisham is asleep in London. I expect he'll make his pick about 2-4 AM EDT when he wakes up so the draft will continue when Morning Glory wakes up and checks in.

I'll be sending out an updated Sands Manager Contact List to everyone.

kopiteinkc and Sonabert repped this.
  6. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Fellow Sand League Managers and those who executed our Proxies for out picks, thanks for your efforts on Day 1 of the Sand League 2019-20 Draft.

I just sent out the updated Sand League 2019-20 Manager Contact Info spreadsheet.

Use it wisely to alert the next manager to pick when it's his turn. Also, if using proxies, make sure that your proxy picker has the alert info for the manager to pick after you and ensure that the person who picks before you has your proxy picker's contact information so he can send your proxy picker an alert that it's your turn.

Don't forget to post planned extended absences from normal draft availability in this thread. For example, I will be driving to / from Norfolk, VA tomorrow to check on our rental property and may need some assistance in posting my picks and will need the person who picks before me to send me a text of who has been selected since I last make a pick.

With Tom, Manager of Lokomotiv Lewisham, asleep in London, I think we are done for the night. I expect Tom will post his Round 3 pick about 2-3 AM EDT when he gets up. Then I expect that the draft will commence when Morning Glory awakes and checks in about 8-9 AM EDT.

Sonabert repped this.
  7. pato2384

pato2384 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Mr. Adams would you please stop picking my players...lol

kopiteinkc repped this.
  8. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I'm taking off for Norfolk. I'll be gone about 8 hours. I will have my phone and my spreadsheets. Request a text when it's my turn and a list of which players were taken since my last turn. I'm caught up through pick 3-7.

I'll text back my pick and will need help posting it on BigSoccer and on the shared Team Sheet on Google Docs.

9. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Lorne malvo is the only player not in all rocks and stadler group !!!!

All Rocks 2019-2020
    hxo3k5

Stalder Waldorf cup with drafted teams only...
    hochyi

10. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Lorne is no longer in the league. He was replaced by Tips Terriers

11. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have Tom’s proxy picks

12. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    just got home, will make my pick within 10 min

kopiteinkc repped this.
  13. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Thanks to everyone who texted me with others' picks and helped post my picks.

kopiteinkc repped this.
  14. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    We should be two picks away from stopping the Sand League draft for tonight.

We have no proxy picks for Tom, so we'd like to have it back to him for when he wakes up about 2-3 AM and he could make his pick then. As I get up multiple times a night, I might check in and make my round 6 pick. Then, unless wingtips1 gives a proxy to someone, we'll hold the draft until he gets up. It should go quickly to sonabert and back as it will be 8-10 in the evening for him.

Ideally, if we could make Sonabert's turn and back to Tom, and if the rest of us focused on making our odd and even round picks before noon EDT, that's midnight for sonabert and we might get in 4 rounds that day. Not to worry, just mentioning something to aspire to. The draft is going at a good pace. Well done everyone.

15. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    We obviously have some time zone challenges with our draft, that we are handling quite well. That's not to say we couldn't do better. You might want to scan through the draft thread for the first couple of days and note how long it to you to post your pick when you were up. There are many reasons for delays, but just do a self assessment to see whether you might shorten the time. Again, not beating anyone up, as the draft is going at a good pace.

16. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I think we are doing great!!! 5.5 rounds in two days is ahead of pace in my experience, and we should easily finish by Tuesday, or maybe even by Monday., so there will be plenty of time before the season starts if anyone wants to throw players back and start over... I enjoy the season, but nothing beats the draft, so I'm all for enjoying it...

I'm of to bed, loaded up on Leicester, and I'll catch you all tomorrow.

17. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Be handy if it was with me by 10:30pm UTC+8 so i can asses the situation & not have to give Kopiteinkc a list of a dozen plus names .....

18. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I'm up, and will make my pick shortly.

19. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dean Windass is next on your list right? [emoji23]

20. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    As a returning founding member of these leagues, I get special privileges! One of which is that on my next turn, I get to make 5 picks in a row before the rest of you steal my players and then I don't finish my last three picks until after the rest of you are done!

21. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I have wingtips1's proxy for his next pick after sonabert makes his 2 picks

22. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Sonabert is having difficulty with his next picks. Reminds me of the Sorting Hat...You'd be good in Slytherin, but if you're sure, then make it Gryfindoor!

23. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Just got online & posted ... got carried away watching the ashes ...

24. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Night All.

25. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I nominating my Round 7 pick as the steal of the draft so far. I can't believe Alli was still available!

lobomojo repped this.