Sanchez is a Gunner: The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ArsenalMetro, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    The sh*t people tell themselves lol. Balo is batsh*t crazy now? SMH

2. lynesjc

lynesjc Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jun 21, 2001
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We can't exactly describe him as well adjusted can we?:p

3. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He's been batshit crazy, but that's only a peripheral issue with him. Bigger issues are: poor work rate, shooting a ton, and not converting many of those shots. He scores goals, but you have to subtract out penalties too. Once you do that, you realize that while Balotelli's good, he's not even THAT good.

InTheSun and charlie15 repped this.
  4. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York

Interesting. I view him as potential more than anything realized. Raw material upside high just depends on how he adjusts his mindset. If he was born in a northern european country he'd be more well adjusted, not saying there's no racism there.

5. Twiggy

Twiggy Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Idk. Has Welbeck burned his house down or gotten into a fistfight with Ferguson?

6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York

Had you looked into those incidents you may have found that the first wasn't him, the second was mancini attacking him.

Again I also note that the striker we all know and love got caught with his sidebitty and fell off the planet soon there after but everyone forgot that. Also when he set his house on fire as you so pointed out he opened the scoring in the historic demolition of Manutd. Listen the man sucks is a head case blah blah blah we can afford to take a chance. What we got to lose? oh I forgot 4th place. My bad

aphex repped this.
  8. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    In your words "Yeah. Lulz."

charlie15 repped this.
  9. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Balo and Welbeck coulda been the forward line for Ghana.

Thats all i will contribute. I am not tearing down one African to build up another. #weallafricanbros

10. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So says the Norwegian...

daedalus, XaviandXabi, Fifty and 5 others repped this.
  11. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    aphex and charlie15 repped this.
  12. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    im Ginger too

daedalus and MisplacedSpainard repped this.
  13. flyerhawk

flyerhawk Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Hoboken NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One interesting point that has been briefly talked about is the number of Englishmen on the squad and recent World Cup history. In 2010 Spain won having a team that largely played together, either on RM or Barca. The same is true of Germany with Bayern.

Arsenal is starting to look like the team that will be prepping the 2018 English team or at least have a large number of key players as most of the Englishmen on the team will be in their primes in 2018.

14. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on Dutch, I will call out everyone using the term "monkey"with regard to Balo, but we all know that Mario is a basket case. That is not something worth arguing for.

15. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tony Adams....... Seriously??....... DB10 was a "cast off", TH14 was one as well....Tony, you were a great captain and servant, but the sharpest knife in the box, you are not! :thumbsdown:

Tony Adams: "Arsenal can't beat Manchester United to a top signing and have to make do with their cast offs. That says a lot.

aphex repped this.
  17. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comments like this make me wonder if he's back on the hooch again. :unsure:

MisplacedSpainard and charlie15 repped this.
  18. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    He's been bitter since Wenger chose Bould to be AM. I ain't even mad. He's got a right an opinion and to be fair he's got a point. We can't compete with their wage structure.

19. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His point is easily aguable but in addition it is totally insulting to the club and the player not to mention historically ridiculous....Would we call Alexis a cast off? Tonyis not only bitter, he is a dimwit.

20. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A day later and i'm pretty excited about Welbeck. I haven't seen a ton from him but I remember him giving Arsenal trouble when they played Man U and liking him.

21. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Yeah, I gonna go out on a limb here and say Welbeck will be the number 1 soon. Sure, Giroud scored that rare, clinical goal against Everton but before that? What? Anyway, Giroud works better as the sub and Campbell needs a shot eventually, right?

SkoalFyfan repped this.
  22. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    awwww, gibbs has his fault but he is nowhere near sagna-terrible offensively! :D

i mean, he's, y'know, better than clichy and worse than cole. i sometimes feel like he has some gervinho moments where he does something terrific offensively then forget what he meant to do next.

23. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i have no numbers to back it up but, as "eyeball test" goes for me, balotelli is damn good even with the faults you mentioned (all of which i agree with). he seems to be someone who has the ability to make something out of nothing at any moment - a trait which not very many strikers have - and can absolutely change a game. if he ever has a eureka moment and puts it all together, that guy is going to be just awesome to watch.

and i still don't want him - and his baggage - at arsenal.

24. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thread closed for business. Let's hope no one starts another one for at least a month.