San Jose Mercury News (Wednesday, 7/13/05)

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:eek:

but how did you ever know?!?!?

:confused:

2. The Wee Man

The Wee Man New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    San Jose
    No we don’t need Rodrigo back but a new source of goals late in the season can push you over the edge.

3. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny...

I'm told that the name is pronouced "ee-or-da-kay" so the jeans puns are going to fall flat when and if Spartacus ever has to broadcast this guys name over the Spartan PA.

4. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Ee-or-da-kay? Ee-or-da-kay?? He still owes me money!!

5. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    There we go.

By the way, dude looks very thin in stripes. That's scary. But one thing to note is that, according to The Wee Man, Frank liked what he say, and that was, what, 3 years ago when the guy was only 20. So he might be pretty good by now.

6. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Not only that, but I believe that a change of pace (or a new wrinkle if you will) at the end of the season can make a HUGE difference in the playoffs. Think back to the 2001 season. Donovan and Cerritos were "ok" together, but teams figured out how to shut them down (the dreaded "scoring slump"). Donovan and DeRosario weren't much better, but things changed when Yallop traded for Agogo. I was never a big Agogo fan, but I have to admit that his size and speed caused teams fits. They had a game plan from previous Quake encounters and Agogo threw that off.

Same thing happened in '03. Ching and Donovan were hot until Brian got hurt, but the "anti-Ching" Jamil Walker worked out really well. Where Ching was a "target", Walker was lightning fast and opponents had trouble adjusting to our new "style".

7. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Eeordakay can score goals, anyone know if it's true?

8. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Shouldn't it then be spelled "Eeyore-da-kay"?

9. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    C'mon... "Stripes" reference, anyone?

10. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Yes, you are absolutely right but I sent my post to a St. Pauli Girl for spell check :eek: