San Jose - Los Angeles (Wednesday, 8/7) US Open Cup Quarterfinal [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Who cares? This was a throw-away game that I, for one, am glad we lost so we can concentrate on winning the MLS cup again. This result means nothing other than throwing the galaxatives a bone they can choke on. Give the LA vermin their moment of glory, it's the only one they'll have this year.

2. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let the LA gang gloat... of course, if we trounced them, they would say _____ and ______.

Lalas wasn't the great player wearing #30 compared to when wore #22... that would send him packing...

Cheers!

3. Lab Mouse

Lab Mouse New Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Kalamazoo, MI, USA
    Quite right, Nap.

You're cool. :)

4. solrac9

solrac9 New Member

Oct 26, 2000
    Alhambra,CA
    what's up Northerners...just wanted to read your stuff and don't want to lurk....

and if you had won you'd be just as pleased as us...

see you in September....

5. rcoull

rcoull Member+

May 18, 2001
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I havn't been able to get on a pc since the game...so here are my brief thoughts (i havn't read this thread so may repeat whats been said)..

I thought it was a dissapointing game...we for the most part played badly...I thought there were some good performance...Agoos, Ekelund and Lagos...BUT they still made mistakes...the forwards wern't clicking and there were far to many give aways...The final ball, apart from one to LD and one to De-Ro (I think thats the one were Lalas got carded) was awful...and they had to resort to long range shooting. Having said the Galaxy were equally dissapointing and should have a lot more to show for all the corners they had...in the end a great finish by Ruiz (questionable as to whether he fouled Agoos at the beginning), which as a striker I really appreciated. I'm sure the ref has been mentioned..he was awful both ways...didn't affect the result (unless it was a foul by Ruiz on Agoos..my feeling is questionalbe so give Ruiz the benefit of the doubt)...but he probably added to a lot of the bad play...but it was a fairly played game so kudos to LA for that..and I think overall they just about deserved the win...they beat us at our game really.

What really concerns my is the lack of cohesion we've seen the last two games especially...and a bit in other games this season...there is too much trying play individually and not as a team..it doesn't help that some players are having a bad trot also...hopefully during the few days off this can be turned around and I am glad that this is out of the way and hopefully this is our seasons slump and we can get back to playing our normal team football.

-Richard

6. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, Richard. Maybe it was that lack of cohesion that made me feel like they were WC-Mexico: in too much of a hurry to get the job done, to get a score, and that threw everything out of kilter. Looking at the first half last night you could see how out of whack the play was.