San Jose - Los Angeles W.C. Semi Game 2 (Sunday, 11/9) postgame thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by babytiger2001, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jussen1

jussen1 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    SJ
    I have lost my voice! Singing in the Casbah has never been sweeter. Thanks to Gayle and the rest of the section we did it. It's a joy to see Spartan Stadium rocking like that, genuine emotion not canned loudspeaker noise you fined at other sporting events. I have never seen such happiness displayed by all the players after the game. All those players showing up at every youth soccer event trying to promote the sport and the Earthquakes. It's about time we gave them real support as we riled the Galaxy and their loyal supporters who made the trip up here. Thanks Earthquakes for the best entertainment value around. My wife and I apperciate the way you treat my six and four year old sons. Going way out of your way to sign autographs, highfive, and even kick the ball around with them. See you next Saturday!

2. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Right now, is all I can say is "Unfvckingbelieveable!"

3. Spiro_In_San_Jose

Spiro_In_San_Jose New Member

Apr 18, 2003
    San Jose
    I read something earlier about the western conf. finals being at 10 in the morning next week or something? I can not find when and what time the next match is. Can I get an official date and time please? Thanks.

4. masoo

masoo Member

May 31, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Spartacus, you have nothing to apologize about ... not only was this one of the great games ever, but you had one of the greatest nights for a PA guy ever. Congrats and thanks!

5. quakes_fan21

quakes_fan21 New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    San Jose, CA
    I'm with you!!! To think that i was ready to leave after the galactoscum's second goal because i thought it was over...Definately the best game i've ever seen!!!!

6. Spiro_In_San_Jose

Apr 18, 2003
    San Jose
    Spartacus is the PA announcer? I guess I DO learn something new every day.

7. We Were Cut

We Were Cut Member

Sep 9, 2000
    Woodland, CA
    AGREED!

Well done Spartacus! You were right there with the rest of us, losing your voice!

8. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got home after picking up a snack on the way from the game...

What can I say - un-freaking-believeable. :eek:

I went to Spartan a bit pissed at seeing my Metros go off into the night at Foxboro. I was hoping for something different tonight in San Jose and boy did I get it.

BTW, I mentioned this tidbit to a few of you Casbahrinos tonight and I thought it would be worth repeating... Yesterday morning I listened with dismay as West Bromwich Albion (a club Goose played a few reserve matches for) fell behind 3-0 at West Ham after only 18 minutes into the match. West Brom won the match, 4-3. One of the greatest comebacks in Albion history.

I wore my WBA hat and scarf to the game this evening, because I knew that the Quakes needed to buckle down to get the win... and little did I expect that the storyline would be exactly the same.

If there are any Galaxy fans out there who also support West Ham, you have my condolences. :D

9. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saturday November 15, 7 PM Pacific time, Stade de Spartan.

10. We Were Cut

We Were Cut Member

Sep 9, 2000
    Woodland, CA
    Best MLS game I've ever seen. Matches the World Cup quarterfinal at Stanford in '94 (Sweden vs. Bulgaria, went to PKs), but was much much better because I cared about the result!

Great, great game. I guess the scoring slump is ended...

I have a hard time picking a man of the match. Everyone contributed-heck, 5 different players scored!

When Ronier went on, I was scratching my head-"What was Yallop thinking?" Well, duh. So Yallop gets my man of the match, and probably should be coach of the year.

Also, I'd like to give a nod to the LA Galaxy. The Quakes would have never come back if the Galaxy hadn't tried to sit on the 4-0 aggregate lead (giggle), and folded like a bunch of Under 8 girls. You could feel their collective sphincter tighten right before halftime when the Quakes got their second. Five unanswered goals? Unbelievable.

But I do want to note that I saw Carlos Ruiz after the game congratulating some of the Quakes players on the field. He showed some class then.

Fortunately I won't need my voice at work tomorrow....

11. Spiro_In_San_Jose

Apr 18, 2003
    San Jose
    Thank you, good man Bill.

12. We Were Cut

We Were Cut Member

Sep 9, 2000
    Woodland, CA
    Classless idiots. Hope they enjoyed traveling 400 miles to watch their team lose....

13. Spiro_In_San_Jose

Apr 18, 2003
    San Jose
    Re: Re: San Jose - Los Angeles W.C. Semi Game 2 (Sunday, 11/9) postgame thread [R]

Isn't that such a cool thought?!

14. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saw the game on my vcr.

Unfrickin'believeable.

Probably the most incredible MLS game I've ever seen, and certainly the most incredible comeback.

A great crowd too.

I can't believe it. I'm pinching myself.

15. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: San Jose - Los Angeles W.C. Semi Game 2 (Sunday, 11/9) postgame thread [R]

I actually felt bad for them. Really I did. All the way home tonight in the rain. I felt bad.

But not anymore. It's called karma. It does exist. I hope they feel like fish for sending their team out in such a way.

16. We Were Cut

We Were Cut Member

Sep 9, 2000
    Woodland, CA
    Well done Goodsport! Did you catch what pissed off Brian Mullan so much late in the second half? Sounded like he was cursing the Galaxy bench...

17. quakes_fan21

quakes_fan21 New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    San Jose, CA
    I've been a cheerleader for more than 7 years and i must say never in my life have I ever yelled as much as i did tonight. My throat hurts like never before and it looks like I won't get my voice back for a couple of days...but i would do it all over agian! I have a presentation in school tomorrow and it looks like my partner will be doing all the talking.

18. Rumbler

Rumbler New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    San Jose
    What a game. I just about lost all hope for a win but I kept telling myself that the final whistle hasn't been blown yet and there is a HUGE remote possibility that something can happen and by gosh it did!!!!

Whoever was the announcer at Fox Sports world last week must be depressed because he was incredibly biased for LA and that really ticked me off.

I really don't know what else to say but GO QUAKES!!!!

19. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My ear hurts. Is it possible to damage your own ear drum with your own screaming? :confused:

20. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I can say is (Howard Cosell voice): "The greatest comeback in the history of the Quakes."

This was a game that the Galaxy could have lost but won. The early goals could have been a confidence killer for a team, but the Quakes merely pressed from the get go and scored 4 unanswered goals on aggregate and 1 golden goal. Mulrooney has to be the MOTM for his playmaking, but the big heroes were Roner for tying the goal and Faria for earning his money with the winner.

The Quakes earned this game, and could very well be on their way to the Final. There is one more game to go so savor the win and enjoy it, then focus at the next task at hand which is KC--I have a good feeling about this, but the only person I'm concerned about is Meola--get something past him and there's a spot in the Final.

Woo Hoo!

21. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG I just finished watching the game. I had to work tonight and I came home and watched the tape. I never thought they would have scored 5 goals in a row. I so wish I could have been there, that looked awesome. Yaya, Go Quakes. MLS Cup bound:D

22. Lefty_Juggler

Lefty_Juggler New Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Cupertino, CA
    I am going to frame my ticket stub and save it forever! What an amazing game. This screaming yourself hoarse stuff isn't permanent, is it? Spartan has never been louder. Except for the Galaxian corner, did anybody see how quiet they were after the winning goal?

Obviously I'm estatic we won, but I'm proudest that they never gave up. I confess my own faith wavered, but I swear it never will again! They raced after every ball all night long.

I don't know how they'll get up for next week's game. But I know *I'll* be up for it!

Finally, it's such a great thing to be able to have my two soccer-playing kids see that kind of game.

Anybody notice The Beast hanging out with the fans at the south end of the stadium for a few minutes? Gave them his shirt, he's a class act.

23. dk_dynamite

dk_dynamite New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    SF via London
    Best Game Ever!!!

I was in Columbus for DeRo overtime crack off the far post...

I was in Korea, sitting with Sam's Army when the US stunned Portugal going up 3-0...

Both those games were good, but this game was THE MOST INCREDIBLE GAME EVER!! Spartan was rocking and every person there will definitely buy season tix for next year...

FY is brilliant! Goose is a warrior! Lando came through! and Farria just won instant respect!!

Quakes have the heart to go all the way, and I am already have my tix for the MLS Cup... :D

GO QUAKES!!!

24. Toffees_rule

Toffees_rule New Member

Feb 11, 2000
    SFSU
    CAPTION: After hours of toiling, Dr. B. Tiger arrived at the mathematical formula which results in a championship victory by San Jose.

25. Rumbler

Rumbler New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    San Jose
    Kansas City pre-game thread

Well, we meet the pie eating Tony Meola again, let's make our presence known to him again!! Ooooh, I can't wait!