San Jose - Kansas City W.C. Final (Saturday, 11/15) postgame thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by dfb547490, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: San Jose - Kansas City W.C. Final (Saturday, 11/15) postgame thread [R]

That Bajoro, what a guy!

StillKickin, where did you read about the bus incident?

2. Tex2010

Tex2010 New Member

Oct 20, 2003
    Texas
    I almost had to check myself into a hospital after that one. I can't take this anymore! :)
    I am so proud of our guys... they earned it. I am also proud of all the fans in attendance. The chants were so loud... we could clearly hear everything that was chanted on TV (had to double check that we weren't watching an EPL game as well). I hope you guys can all make the journey to LA to support our guys. I'll be there in spirit (again). Go Quakes!

3. CanuckFan2

CanuckFan2 New Member

Apr 27, 2001
    Calgary
    Wow!

Had the audio feed going into the 1st half of overtime when all of a sudden they started a tape delayed broadcast of the game up here on FSW Canada. Needless to say I was up late and went to bed a happy camper!!
    Fantastic playoff run so far. Hope you go all the way!! The home support was fabulous.

4. Toffees_rule

Toffees_rule New Member

Feb 11, 2000
    SFSU
    damnit Nap, you're confusing your scrums with rucks and mauls! :D

5. dmlove

dmlove New Member

Nov 8, 2003
    My "guide" says its the Fire-Revolution game (again). Quakes will probably be reshown later in the week.

6. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You may well be right. My "guide" doesn't list any other MLS games for the week than that one, except for those on Fox Espanol.

7. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    Re: Re: San Jose - Kansas City W.C. Final (Saturday, 11/15) postgame thread [R]

What got me was the "EARTH!" "QUAKES!" battle between the east and west stands midway through the second half.

It was like something out of "Master and Commander" with two war ships side-by-side firing cannon blasts at each other. The decibel level was unbelievable. The wall of sound coming back from the west side motivated us to throw it back louder and louder.

8. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's in the "extending a hand" thread.

9. RushOnze

RushOnze New Member

May 16, 2001
    Colorado
    Waibel was busy keeping KC onside on both their goals.

10. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Yes, that was awesome. I was on the west but the east just kept getting louder and louder so the louder they got, the louder we got. Another one was when one of the K.C. players went down and everyone started shouting, "San Jose!! San Jose!!" I think that was in overtime??

11. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    running full steam, in a suit and tie...best moment of the broadcast for me.

12. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    And that's the precise moment when the San Jose soccer tradition finally came home.

13. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    I still have confetti stuck to the bottom of my left boot. I'm debating whether to keep it for a while.

14. zcgf02

zcgf02 New Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Houston
    Re: Re: Re: San Jose - Kansas City W.C. Final (Saturday, 11/15) postgame thread [R]

Watching on TV I could hear that awesome chant. That gave me chills.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that the Quakes have not had a lead at any point during the playoffs? I may have to ask Peter Hildt if any team has ever made to a championship game in any sport without ever actually having a lead.

15. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Re: Re: Re: Re: San Jose - Kansas City W.C. Final (Saturday, 11/15) postgame thread [

If you mean game lead, the Quakes had 3-2 and 4-2 leads over the Galaxy for most of the second half of Game 2. They did not lead the aggregate goal totals until Faria's golden goal.

16. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations San Jose. Please excuse my tardiness but I took the last couple of days off from Big Soccer to gain perspective on the events of Saturday night.

It was a great game. I was hoping that your side would be too tired, emotionally and physically, after throwing everything at LA the week before. Yet your team never gave up and I give them all the credit they deserve for that.

Good luck in the Cup.

17. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: new here! Anyone know

The FSW schedule says this will be the Fire - Revolution game, probably because they can fit that one into the two-hour window. No Quakes game on the schedule, unfortunately:

http://www.foxsportsla.com/world/pdf/fsw47.pdf

18. KatieMae

KatieMae New Member

Oct 4, 2002
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thanks KC Salty. Hey, I got into work today and my coworker next door had been sitting on the QUAKES side of the stadium Sat night (I was EARTH). He boasted they were louder. I don't care. It was ALL good!!!!

19. zcgf02

zcgf02 New Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Houston
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: San Jose - Kansas City W.C. Final (Saturday, 11/15) postgame thread [

Ahhhh, good point. I was thinking of the first two games as one giant game. It all depends how you define "game." Why do I think I just sounded like Bill Clinton?

20. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Couple of observations:

- It's been said many times before in post-match discussion, but I'll say it again: Brian Mullan was awesome. He plays the game with great intensity and incredibly tireless energy. It's very noticeable from the stands even with relatively untrained eyes.

- From my point of view, looks like the some of the Quakes defenders kind of stopped playing on the 2nd KC goal because they assumed Klein was offside. Did anyone else see it that way?

21. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: San Jose - Kansas City W.C. Final (Saturday, 11/15) postgame

You must be a lawyer.

22. Mglnbea

Mglnbea Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klein was five yards offside!! Sitting in 114, he was slightly ahead of me and very much behind any Q's defender, and very much ahead of the AR!!

23. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple of other comments:

- Awesome save from Onstad on Conrads header. He has not been given enough for the save. If KC scores, we would have probably lost to an ex-Quakes player. Would have been very painful...

- Nice to see Ching out on the field during pregame. He is definately one of the reasons the team is in the final.

- After the goal and celebration, I saw Conrad turn and start walking back to the lockers. No attempt to congratulate the Quakes. Would like to read his next Conrad Corner...

- Although offside on their last goal, Klein had a great game and looked dangerous most of the game. Seemed to be playing more of a center attacking mid position...

24. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Golly.. I was expecting to be attacked and asked for a link to his quote. :D
    And thanks for the complement but the funniest posters are in the Mexico forum. They say things like the US nats totally suck even though the Mexican nats can't seem to beat them in recent years save a one goal victory at Azteca. It's amazing how quickly they went into a state of denial. I've gotten a lot of laughs from them in recent months. :)

25. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've been in a state of denial since June 17, 2002: Telling themselves it was all done with smoke and mirrors.