San Jose Earthquakes - the unauthorized biography

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by mangerson, Jul 13, 2019.

1. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know if I want to post about SJ, I could just go over to the SJ boards, but I thought it would be good to have a spot here since I know a lot of us used to trek down to Buck Shaw and/or Avaya.

What a turn-around! It's amazing how they started off so poorly and then become the team "no one wants to play." Now they've pummeled Galaxy twice in ten days and have risen to fourth in the West.

Wondo, given up for dead, shatters Donovan's goal scoring record. TT becomes a serviceable starter at RB who can bring pressure on the attack. Vako begins playing like the DP he's supposed to be. They're fun to watch.

Maybe fans will actually start showing up at Avaya again.

2. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Perhaps the most amazing part of this transformation is that the same players that seemed ineffective last year are playing inspiring ball this year. Salinas, Vako, Thompson........great to see them so successful. Espinoza was a great addition, and Jackson is getting better each game. Fun to watch, and hoping some of that Almeyda magic floats over Sacto on a delta breeze, lol.