Pre-match: San Jose Earthquakes - Los Angeles Galaxy (Saturday, 6/29) pregame thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jun 18, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Getting a lot of emails so I would guess there are tickets at all price ranges.

I have changed my dire prediction and now expect a great victory, all hail Coach Ian

Quakes05 and markmcf8 repped this.
  2. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love a win, I think it will take 2-3 games for Ian's system to start showing some life. Either way I hope he does good enough they offer him the full time position.

vamanoshasta, NedZ and markmcf8 repped this.
  3. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    He has a groin injury. I think he may or not make the match. I don't wish injuries on anyone, and we are capable of beating the Gals with Puig in the lineup, but he sure has killed us the last few years at Stanford, and I think if he doesn't play we have a significantly better chance.

4. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We still have Beason, Munie and Rodriguez in the back along with our resident terrible keepers Jackson and Yarbrough.

markmcf8 and Beerking repped this.
  5. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Game is meaningless for the Quakes. I'd prefer to see Puig play than not.

Beerking and bostero24 repped this.
  6. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    I'm not proud. I always want to see the Quakes win, especially in front of a big crowd.

Goodsport and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  7. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Yep all signs point to loss, Puig or no Puig, but you never know.

Kaitlyn repped this.
  8. bostero24

bostero24 Member

Jun 27, 2008
    sf
    Yup, you always want to measure yourself against the best possible.

markmcf8 and don gagliardi repped this.
  9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The latest episode of “Quakes Exclusive” (Season 2, Episode 16) is now available to view in the San Jose Insider section of the San Jose Earthquakes page of MLS Season Pass. :thumbsup:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

10. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Kelly, Shea, and Wondo. Recorded before the LAFC game and of course before Luchi's firing. They were trying to sell the Classico game hard, and reliving some of the great moments.

11. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you really think there's going to be some kind of massive or big crowd? I can get you free in quantity. How I get them don't mind that.

12. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Well there usually is. I expect it to be down this year, but not terrible. I get tickets with my ST.

Kaitlyn repped this.
  13. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Giants are at home playing the Dodgers.

14. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Levi holds what 67 thousand? Anything less then 20k is terrible. It will be like July 4th 1999 when the Clash had 2000 people in Stanford Stadium because everyone left after watching the USA Women's team play right before, but the Clash took claim for the attendance. It was so holo you could hear pins drop. I also hope the ultras dont show up.

15. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Galaxy are playing Stanford Saturday. 50k max.

markmcf8 repped this.
  16. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh thats right they're at Stanford not Levi.

So 50k at Stanford, anything less then 20k still is BAD. it will be hollow. July 4th, 1999 all over again I hope.

17. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Traditionally there is a promotional game poster for Cali Clasico, but when I asked my rep for one for the museum today he wasn’t aware of any. He offered to ask around and save me one (great rep), but I’m guessing the poster budget was axed along with the player cards.

Boysinblue repped this.
  18. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    The Stanford Classico usually draws a lot of more casual fans, a lot of whom may not even know our awful record. People just coming for the spectable. It's a nice night out - nice stadium, skydivers, patriotic stuff, fireworks, etc. Last year they had some local hip-hop guys perform at halftime (Too Short and another guy I don't remember). Haven't heard about any halftime entertainment this year, but I guess it's going to be the 50 year "honoring", etc. And then some away fans and "Chicharito" fans (when he was with the Gals), etc. It's the same with the Levi's game. I saw a lot of people walking around with Quakes gear but I get the impression they don't come to many Quakes games.

19. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Free tickets will do that. :)

JazzyJ repped this.
  20. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just down the road the Dodgers and Giants will be playing. They don't have to give tickets away. I think theres under 20k at this game in a 50k seater

21. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Attendance at Stanford was already a bit down last year, partly because I think the FO put a lot of effort into the Levi's game and probably doesn't have the budget to promote this one as much as they used to. I don't know how big the Venn diagram overlap is between "goes to Quakes classico" and "goes to Giants-Dodgers". Could be significant...or not, I don't know. Giants are also currently 12 games behind the Dodgers.

22. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Theirs quite a few Dodger fans in Northern California and Ohtani fans in general.

Regardless, If we were to lose, I'd rather lose Infront of 10k instead of 50k. Thats a real sour moment.

They need to stop these stupid ass special attraction games. We're seemingly the only MLS team that does them. Everyone else does them because of massive demand and crowd, we don't have that problem.

staudio, bostero24 and Beerking repped this.
  23. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The casual Bay Area sports with a free Saturday evening is going to see the Giants play the Dodgers. Same for the casual LA fan making the trek north.

Beerking repped this.
  24. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah but I think a lot of the Stanford game attendees are casual Quakes fans but not necessarily interested in the Giants. Plus the Quakes tickets are going to be about 1/10 the cost. Family of 4? You probably save $400 going to see the Quakes. I expect sub-par Classico attendance but I don’t think Giants-Dodgers will be a major factor.

25. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If anyone is going to the game and doesn't already have my never-fail parking tips, hit me up. (Not posting here lest Gal fans read this thread.)