Post-match: San Jose Earthquakes - Los Angeles Galaxy (Saturday, 3/2) postgame thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Mar 3, 2024.

1. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gruezo was terrible last week.
    This game, he was pretty good in the first half. Much more active and involved. But, he had a couple of bad lapses defensive. In the second half, he was garbage. Absolute, useless, crap.

Gruezo is supposed to be our d-mid, but he didn’t defend the center of the pitch at all. That’s why the filth had such an easy time in the center. Gruezo never once picked up a late runner and they got two goals off of that.

He’s crap. We need and upgrade at the #6. I’d start Morales there.

Go Quakesfans!!

3. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    That’s right, we can only see who was cut at this point and how much they were making. We’ll have to wait for the current numbers to come out to know for sure where things stand this year. My guess, we’re at right around $10 million (as of today) and, if not the lowest payroll in the league, Quakes are probably bottom three.
    Transfer window is still open though, still plenty of time for Leitch to come through.

4. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like you, I want CL to come through in a big way, and I don’t mean Vela.

We should, at a minimum, sign a serious, not older than 25, CAM, and an Under 22 DP left winger.

Go Quakesfans!!

Quakes05 repped this.
  5. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Sounds like a country song. Looking for the Big V, and don't mean Vela! :)

markmcf8 repped this.
  6. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are worse than I expected.

At the end of last season, I said that we needed to replace Gruezo. That is proving very true. I wanted a striker to at least challenge Jebo. Looks like Judd can be that guy. And I said that we needed a new ACM and left wing. Amahl might be the left wing improvement that we, or Benji. But new ACM is still not in the house. I like Jack, but he needs better guys around him. I think he’d be better with Judd up top, rather than Jebo.

Go Quakesfans!!

7. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Right now, we really need the focused Rodrigues, especially since he's pared with Beason...who can't bail him out if he puts a foot wrong...which Rodrigues has been doing lately...he's not up to the level he played at last season...poor awareness, and a bit awkard when defending 1 v 1... on the Gals second goal the ball went right through him...like an inch just past his foot...his footwork was completely crossed up...he was in a good position to cut that out...but it ate him up....

When he's focused, he can bail out the back line and cut out passes and tidy up the loose ends...but with his poor current form, our back line will really struggle. Hopefully Wilson turns out to be fairly solid and someone who can support him and the middle until Rodrigues regains his form.

and I hope it's not the situation where the guy finally earns his permanent contract and stops playing hungry

QuakeAttack and markmcf8 repped this.
  8. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m concerned that when Beason plays, Luchi doesn’t tell him to stay home.

Beason is OK when he plays within his limits. That means not ranging up field. It means not getting out on the left side 1v1.

So yes, I’m hoping that Wilson turns out to be good, and that we see much, much less of Beason.

Go Quakesfans!!

9. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    Also last Saturday, parking was $32. Seemed like it was $25 last year, they didn’t have the season opener giveaway flags they were promoting (not that I cared but still, would’ve added to the atmosphere), the new sound system was way too loud, and distorted, hard to even make out what they were saying…hopefully they just need to dial it in a little and turn it down some. I probably need to pass this along to FO but sometimes I imagine they’re lurking here.

10. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel so sad for the level of ear damage all those young people are suffering by working the Quakes games.

B7BD50E4-661D-493D-885C-690521195E01_1_105_c.jpeg

markmcf8 and QuakeAttack repped this.
  11. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    that’s brutal. Up at the Sky Lounge it was painfully loud. Couldn’t even understand a word of the pregame interviews on the Jumbotron and the music was just over the top loud…So far anyway, the brand new stadium wide sound system had been a downgrade.

hopefully it just needs some fine tuning.

markmcf8 repped this.
  12. SalinasQuakesFan

Mar 27, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That's nothing compared to the volume from their air pods and such.

markmcf8 repped this.
  13. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was way too loud. We had trouble talking with each other. Now, my damage was done with heavy metal concerts in the late 70s and 80s. So, if you have good ears. ouch!

14. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, i took that dB reading in the Sky Lounge, pre-game! Hubby and I sit at one of the tables in the corner, on the right as you exit the elevator.

markmcf8 repped this.
  15. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    This weekend we have other plans and won’t be there but I’ll look for you and your husband at the SL next time we’re there, it would be great to meet you!

16. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just look for us, we are almost always there until about 10 mins before the anthem

Quakes05 repped this.