San Jose Earthquakes Academy is on its way!

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by SCQuakes408, Mar 4, 2010.

1. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    People make fun of MLS’s byzantine roster rules but this is the kind of balance that is helping to make the league a success. Things like TAM effectively raise the cap and allow for the quality of the league to improve but you don’t want to do so at the expense of domestic youth development and contribution to the league. We don’t need to go thru the NASL experience again.

xbhaskarx repped this.
  2. run_it_out

run_it_out Member+

Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 19, 2018
    The curse of low expectations.

3. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    The league’s come a long long way since the days of playing in cavernous football stadiums to small crowds and goofy rules like the 35-yard shootout because “Americans don’t like ties”, not to mention quality of play, from laughable to a top 15 league. :thumbsup:

xbhaskarx and Earthshaker repped this.
  4. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is probably the best MLS homegrown territory map we're going to get until someone decides to include Canada and/or draw actual circles instead of counties that roughly correspond to the homegrown radius of various teams...
    [​IMG]

6. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmm....

7. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Unless they can name names or just suggest how many we're talking about here, this sounds like a smear. Maybe Gilbert Fuentes? Who else "conducted themselves poorly" vs. just didn't pan out (which happens all the time). This is not to say that the Quakes have always made the best choices for their HG's but I'm not convinced on this whole "burned on how their signings have conducted themselves" narrative.

8. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go ask him, he posts on Twitter and BigSoccer on the YNT board

9. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    #3709 JazzyJ, Mar 2, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    I quit twitter otherwise it’d be a reasonable comment to his post. Why don’t you ask since you appear to have a twitter account and you are forwarding his post. Or are you fine with just taking his word on an unsubstantiated claim?

10. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am fine with taking his word as he has no reason to be fabricating stories about the Quakes academy for the five f*cking people who are reading some random reply to a reply to a tweet, and I also am not anyone's errand boy so get someone else to message him on Twitter, or take five seconds to find him in the BigSoccer YNT board since you DO have an account here, or make a free Twitter account in ten seconds just to ask him about it and then delete your account right afterwards... or some other option I'm also not a solutions-finder for problems that aren't mine.

11. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    #3711 JazzyJ, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    OK, so you're fine with amplifying unsubstantiated claims. OK with me, as long as you know that's what you're doing. I'm not the one amplifying the narrative so I'm good with just choosing not to believe if unless there's evidence, and I don't care enough to go running after this guy with temporary twitter accounts and stuff.

Here's the thing. I know how false narratives can be built off of anecdotal one-offs. Maybe this is not the case but I've seen it happen so many times in our current sociopolitical discourse it would not surprise me if this is the case, and it gives me pause before I buy into a narrative with no provided evidence. Maybe this person somehow has inside knowledge but the one story that got around social media is Gilbert Fuentes was somehow "bad" or "irresponsible" because he bought a fancy car and Almeyda made a passing remark about it. And then his career went south, and maybe the Quakes got skittish about HG signings, or maybe that had nothing to do with, or maybe it was more than just Gilbert, but who knows. But the Gilbert thing is the kind of half-baked one-off anecdote that can be mixed in with a healthy dose of the ol' "correlation = causation" in order to spin this kind of narrative.

12. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus... HERE HE IS, posting about the Quakes on the YNT board like I said, and saying that someone just told him there's another kid that wants to leave that the Quakes are blocking by keeping on their protected list... another "unsubstantiated claim"!

If you click through to that thread, you can communicate with him for yourself and ask any questions you want, provided you know how to click on the "up" arrow next to his name and aren't too lazy to do so... no middle-man required!

Or just keep whining about it here, up to you really :thumbsup:

13. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    As I said, I don't care enough to go chasing after this guy. I just choose not to buy, at face value, narratives that are given with no evidence. If you are fine with amplifiying such narratives, that's fine with me too. Your choice.

14. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    #3715 JazzyJ, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    It's not important to me, and there's no guarantee he's going to answer or divulge his super top secret information nor is there any guarantee he's a reputable source. I just choose not to take his narrative at face value and leave it at that, and I'm not going to be your "errand boy" ("Go ask him!"), and I'm certainly not going to amplify it. Your mileage may vary. If I hear it from someone high up in the Quakes technical staff it's a different story.

16. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's so "not important" to you that you keep posting about it here, posts that do absolutely nothing, instead of actually asking him about it also here at a different link he'll see and respond to :thumbsup::thumbsup:

bsman repped this.
  17. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    I keep posting because I keep telling you that I'm not going to take his narrative at face value, and you keep trying to get me to run errands, and I'm telling you that I don't care, and then you come back and tell me again to run errands. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's nothing more to say. I'm not buying the narrative and certainly not amplifiying it. If you are buying it and amplifying it, that's fine with me.

18. clsafe

clsafe Member

United States
    Feb 13, 2020
    I'll tell you a lot of what's been posted is accurate coming from someone who's kid is in the academy

xbhaskarx repped this.
  19. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still posting...

No response to this one @JazzyJ ??

Is this person "amplifying unsubstantiated claims"?

20. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    I'm only posting because you keep harrassing me about it and I'm not going to let harrassment go without a response. As I've said a million times now, I'm not going to take unsubstantiated claims at face value, and a one-off one-line anonymous post from one supposed academy parent or whatever, also w/o any specific evidence, is not going to move the needle much for me. Your mileage may vary. If someone from the high levels of the Quakes technical staff were to talk about it, I'd take note.

21. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're all just trying to convince YOU, random guy on the internet who has no more or less power/influence than anyone else... I'll report back to "Jazzy Influence HQ" that we were unsuccessful in our efforts :cry:

22. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    True, you do seem to be trying really hard to convince me. Too bad...I'm an evidence guy. Sorry.

23. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hilarious how you keep replying to me and yet you don't have jack s**t to say to anyone who actually has information about the subject... maybe you don't want to know? Ignorance is bliss!

You'd think an "Evidence Guy" might ask the people who are actually making the claims for evidence??

They're right here, you could easily interact with them!!

[​IMG]

24. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Man, you just won't give it up. It's "hilarious" about how you keep harrassing me to go run errands when I told that I don't care enough about it to create fake temporary twitter accounts to do so or to go to BigSoccer and ask some guy I don't know a question that's probably not related to any of his recent BigSoccer posts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    It’s like handbags at 20 paces in here. :ROFLMAO: