San Jose - Dallas postgame Bay Area newspaper articles (Sunday, 9/28/03) [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    What you failed to mention, dear Goodsport, being the gentleman you are, is that the Merc story was on page friggin' 16 of the sports section! Oh well, I guess now that it's baseball playoff and football season, we should be glad to be getting any ink at all! I'd like to show a tape of this game to Mr. "they tore me away from the bar to do this sportscast" Radnich next time he opines that soccer is boring and low-scoring.....

3. Toffees_rule

Toffees_rule New Member

Feb 11, 2000
    SFSU
    Dennis miller was right, that second goal by landon was almost a carbon copy of his goal against mexico! and I just loved the celebration that ensued...if only he could have got one of those half chances to fall for him we could have seen 2 hat tricks!

4. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    It also affected the TV coverage we got. KTVU, no mention. KGO (as usual), no mention (though they did run the score on their crawl). KPIX did a talking-head of the score (with the club logo over Rick Quan's shoulder) but no highlights (also ran the Quakes and LA/KC scores on their crawl). Only KNTV and KRON showed highlights.

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, but we cannot expect to get coverage if we insist on playing at this time of year. We should finish on Labor Day weekend while we have and can keep media momentum (ie: before the media gets distracted by "more important" things).

5. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999