Sam's Army vs American Outlaws?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by thethinwhiteduke, Apr 22, 2008.

1. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should be involved in the talks though dude - i think a member from all groups should be involved in the talks iwth the AO guys and SA guys - so the US Supporters Clubs know what they expect from the Club level supporters clubs. Yea - hope that makes sense

I agree with you here 100% man!

2. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there Sunday. Feel free to talk to me.

As long as everyone is there to support the US and wearing US gear, I'll be nice as pie to them. I personally have never talked to any one of the Borough Boys and I have a HUGE problem with their message and what they are doing but I am not going to post my opinions on a message board where I am not face to face with them. If they are wearing US gear at a US game they are the same as me, an American. IF is see some moron in a Barra Brava, Fire, Revolution or even a Red Bull jersey, I'll let them know I don't approve of that in various manners, being nicer to the misguided RB fan than the others.

The pissing contest between certain people here go beyond whatever was said or not said at the game on Saturday or on Sunday.

As far as SA vs AO, I have had my issues with SA brass about lawsuits, etc (more than I need to post here) and I've never talked to anyone who was representing the AO. I think that AO is a strange name for a supporters club but I again am not one to judge as long as they are there for the US.

Wear blue with US, wear white with US, wear red with US, I don't give a sh!t what color you are wearing, what US supporters club you do or don't belong or what club allegiance you have. Sing for our country and you are my brother/sister for the day. I like to bring it for as close to 90 minutes as my stamina can take me. I understand if some can't. But a full section of 1000 signing 20% of the time is louder than a section of 100 singing 100% of the time.

When I look at supporters from other countries, they are not bringing the noise for even half as long as we do. The difference is that when all their fans bring it with a few songs, they ALL bring it. The Czechs in Gelsenkirchen weren't making more noise than us, but once they scored, every fan knew their HOP HOP song and were loud as feck.

Eventually we can make it happen, but trying to say that I am better than you because I bring it for 90 and you don't, ain't winning any friends or making anyone see the point. I don't sing for 90 minutes and bring the flags for recognition, respect or props. Sure its nice, BUT I do it for my country to support OUR team. I can't stress that enough. Its OUR team. I'd like everyone to bring it for 90 to support OUR team and I encourage every one to try to do that at the US games they go to.

Ed Kirwan
    North Jersey Brigade
    www.njbrigade.com

3. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know you had such a huge problem with us.:D

4. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When in Rome, do like the romans. I gave you the respect that you deserved at your house. No one did anything to me that demanded any shit talking. You included. Had you done so, you quickly would have been reminded of who I am. I followed my line as I always have. Im faithful to my people and my causes.

Your boy unfortunately likes to start trouble. I called him out on it. He ran. You saw me run, when you came over to say hello? NO. How did I treat you in person? Was I a prick to you? NO. Like I said before WHEN IN ROME, DO LIKE THE ROMANS.

Since Sunday have I popped off at the mouth about any of the previous days events? NO. So it's simple. You extend me courtesy and respect and I will return the same and MORE. You break the code, then you will get yours in return. NOTHING MORE.

5. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Yeah, what flip did was the highest order of **********dom... he left it open ended because he doesn't have the cojones to say who it was exactly, now that he's met all of us. Either shut up, or say what you mean. Don't imply and deflect.

6. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ++1

7. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What's our message, I would really like to know?

8. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101

I don't think it was left open ended. It was written that way for a reason. He knew the folks involved read here and can either respond/ignore it.

It has nothing do with balls or the size of them. I was there, I know what is being discussed.

Have you ever heard of talking in the abstract?

*Crickets*

---------------

Back on topic, something brought up elsewhere is the use of patriotic songs like My Country Tis of Thee, GBA, This Land is Your Land, Proud to be an American....

Should we use more of them? Are they too slow paced to use during a game? Are they more of 90th minute kind of anthems?

Discuss.

9. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I dont want to know - that is his business - I totally respect his post - honestly - repped him - look - the guy doesnt agree with our view - thats fine but he is willing to put that aside for the US - thats respectable.

I mean look - not everyone is going to agree with our movement - thats fine - but there is a sense of animosity about this whole thing - that i think is BS - You dont agree with us - fine - HUGE PROBLEM - sorry - we just have a different viewpoint - you disagree!

But in reality - his post is what people have to do - come together for our land - you spend the season hating on each other but the country is what keeps the peace - rooting for them gives you a reason to hug out any issues you might have had and drink a beer.

As for SA - ive been a paying member, all i ever get was a card, the presale is nice, but all i got was a card! Their store is not even up and I love the SA shirt, mine sadly got ruined in the wash as i put a pen in there - things like this is why people are annoyed with that organization, and I think it goes back to what Onion was saying - someone needs to step up and get the SHHHH together!

10. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say use them - they are part of our country - they are classic American Songs and it gives us more of a selection - the more the merrier!

I dont think pace matters - it is a nice way to collect your breath, sing something slower and bring down the heart rate :D

11. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101

Sack made several good points, but the size of the country makes it an impossible undertaking for one individual to do it all.

There really needs to be a collection of dedicated people handling website, ticketing, songs, and just as important, merchandise.

The money from the merchandise can and should be used to create large style tifo displays. Some vertical banners, confetti, streamers, etc. All of that adds to the experience.

That was the difference IMHO between the US and Argentina sections on Sunday. The Argies had the verticals and all those balloons. Those all make the section look more three dimensional.

That said, the large scale American Flags looked great (thanks again to Kirwan and the NJB).

My point is while getting a free shirt is cool, I'd rather see the money go towards something that can be used within a US Section. Something large, unique, and gives a visual presence.

12. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    The Hatfields and McCoys were killing each other off generations after everyone had forgotten how it all started. The Bloods and the Krips have an ongoing feud today. Do you all REALLY want to go there?

American Outlaws, you formed up with the attitude of "we're better". Admit it, because it's obvious even from reading your website. Sam's Army organization kind of fell apart, and instead of helping to fix the problems, you formed your own group. OK.

What's wrong with talking civilly to each other to organize support for the team you are all so passionate about?!?!

This thread is starting to remind me of a bunch of 10-year-old boys on the playground. There are a few trying to inject reason now and then, and they are being ignored because there are several who are determined to have a fight.

People have been offended. Toes have been stomped on. Can the offenders man up and say those foreign words "I'm sorry"? Let me be the first.........if I have offended any one of you, I'M SORRY. Truly.

13. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nick I would like to know, because being that he's ever met us or spoken to any of us then what could he possibly understand of our message. But enough of that.

I'm strong believe in 'when in rome do as the romans', so when the Nats play in Jersey, Giants Stadium what have you, the lead SHOULD come from the local supporters group. That group should be the ESC. Likewise in DC, Cbus and the HDC.

Like Ed Kirwan said, if you are standing next to me, singing with me and showing support for your country and fellow countrymen then you are my brother. I don't care what you are wearing as long as you are with me. You could be wearing your fcuking Underoos as long as you are singing. lol

The other topics I wont touch, as they are far too controversial to bother going back and forth on.

14. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If ive said anything in this thread to offend someone - Im sorry!

15. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I gotta be honest - if i was standing next to you and you were wearing underoos - i might move! :D

16. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I completely agree with you here. I would rather have the money spent on 15 verticals, 5k balloons, confetti and the like.

To tell you the truth, when the Don't tread on me flag was opened up I felt so proud. I had had this same discussion about making a huge ass banner to display at the game. Dont tread on me was one of the possible designs I had thrown around.

I even considered making the banner myself as I LOVE MAKING FLAGS. But then again I figured 'when in rome do as the romans'. No one was talking abuot banner or flags so I figured to let it pass. But PROPS to whoever owns it, I completely LOVED seeing it come out.

17. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Yes, it is otherwise known as being a pu$$y.

18. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Now you are going to tell me you don't like my SUPERMAN Underoos???? WTF? Why are you being like that in front of everyone? lol :mad:

19. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101

In an ideal world, that would make sense. The largest (likely local) group should have the loudest voice and should be able to lead the chants. Unfortunately, that's not always the case.

Some folks just are better at starting chants than others. For those that want to bring the noise all game long, they should work together as a unit. At the game on Sunday, there were individuals who worked together with the ESC.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it comes down to passive participation and active participation. A good song will get sung if you can get the active folks on board. Otherwise, it will die out.

The section will ultimately decide if a song has legs.

20. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101
    I actually thought the Don't Tread Flag was a US Soccer or NIKE owned flag. As for banners, flags, and other TIFO, you should just bring them.

The more, the merrier. It all adds to the section.

21. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think that a homemade flag is WAY better than a company paid for flag. Althought I wouldn't mind NIKE paying for it either, just NOT MAKING IT. Oh and BTW it's being stored at my house. lol

22. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101
    Agreed with you. I rather not see a company made flag either.

I was a tad annoyed when it was raised since I thought it was a giant NIKE corporate flag. I didn't know what the flag was until after the game.

23. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anyone got a picture of that flag?

24. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Personally I if I was the home supporter group that type of shit would have to go thru us. How are you going to be lifting flag and banners on someone elses home turf without permission. Now if the appropriate people were informed then its ok.

25. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is it.
    [​IMG]