Sampdoria vs. Napoli @Stadio Luigi Ferraris - Matchday 3

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Aug 31, 2018.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree not rotating cost us. But I promise you we still will finish with less points rotating. We will just lose to random clubs. We are just individually not like Juve.

2. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Bad result. Haven't watched the game so can't comment on specifics. But as expected, the first loss happened and I see the pitch forks are already out in force.

3. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So really what it takes to win this thing is to have a deep enough team so that when you rotate the drop off isn’t significant.

Of course unfortunately you need money for this lol.

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    First half was a copy of how Lazio game started.

No plan, no identity and tactically outmaneuvered.

5. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    A deep enough team is not going to happen with ADL around. That's why regardless of coach, we aren't winning Serie A with this current owner regardless of who is the coach. Be contented with Top 4.

6. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    How did the new boys do? I read that Verdi was given a start.

On retrospect, perhaps it is not wise to rotate in an away game where teams are motivated to perform in front of their fans.

It's not the end of the world. This team is prone to brain-fart from time to time, even under Sarri. Heck, even top teams do. Just they brain-fart less. This is a reality check. Crucial to see if we can bounce back from this loss.

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  7. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not only an away game but one against Sampdoria, a team that knocked off Juve at home last season and Roma I believe.

Plus i think with it being the first game for them at home after the tradegy in Genoa, they were even more amped up. I was at the first game in NY after 9/11. When things happen like that I think it just amps everything up.

Plus we are in our 3rd game. We haven’t even has midweek games yet. We didn’t need to rotate anything this early IMO. Did other clubs rotate their guys ?

We have a midweek game va Parma at home before going to Juve. That’s when u rotate.

8. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I think you all have a point, but once again many people here are too critical too soon and they also exaggerate.

I am not happy with this loss, as I am sure nobody is, but I still disagree that it is the worst in many years. I suffered much more when we totally failed against PSV last season, that team was obviously weaker than all the others... This is, at least for me, nothing compared to that.

The point that Sampdoria is not the team to experiment against is good, but then again, I feel like Carlo realizes that if we want to be as good as he believes that we are we have no choice but to master how to rotate even against opponents like this. And we have to excuse the mistakes at the beginning of the experimental process, but then, in the future, if the experimentation fails, we can criticize the blindness of the coach and the owner, and anything that comes to mind.

But right now it is too soon and too harsh on the coach.

9. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The margin is just so thin. Juve isn't losing many games which is why you get the overreaction to one loss.

And this was no way near the worst loss. Sampdoria is a good team, they play well at home. They knocked Juve off last season there. So this isn't really a terrible loss. Scoreline obviously not good but it wasn't like we lost to a bottom dweller.

CarecaNapoli repped this.