Salvi-American selecta, good or bad idea?

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by AguiluchoMerengue, Mar 4, 2009.

1. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You think it will be cool to have a "salvi-american" selecta.

To have a team once in a while filled with salvi american players to have exhibition matches around the US? kind like the Cataluna team from Barcelona.

I think it will be awesome.

That way we can see our prospects for la Selecta in coming wcq...

2. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    This is all kinds of wow.

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yea you cant really compare the 2...Catalunya plays for independence and because its tradition to play each year since they don't have a regular NT and thats th only time they can get the player since its christmas break.

4. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Well we are independent from others, yeah I guess we are special :cool:

5. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

DOes this include only players born here, or does that include immigrants as well.

6. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Are we gonna make a Salvi-AUstralian team , as well. Or do we make a all immigrants team, vs. the " Real " national team. I f we keep them seperate, for example a seperate Italian-Salvadoran team then we can have our world cup. The final can be "Salvadorans Living in Mexico for the meantime" vs. " Los Pochos de la USA ".

I wonder what kind of penalties will dished out for doing paperwork fraud on the nationalities for forging passports. I wonder where the office would be located in El Salvador, or here in the USA. What about the uniforms, do they use all blue and white all the time, Or do we use uniforms from the country they live, or a blend. For example the does the AUstralian team use a blend of colors, of blue, geen , white, yellow.

For the USA are we gonna have seperate teams, like "Los Pochos" de California vs. " immigrantes de Texas ". ....UHHH ok I"ll stop, sorry guys just here bored at work Milking the CLock. I hope my boss el "Chino Hiefueputa" doesnt find out porque si no me va dar" un Karatazzo" en la trompa.

7. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    madro loko, vos te pelas.

neles, what i was saying is to have a salvi american team to look at young prospects like Gerson Mayen and Luis Silva, so they can try out later with La Azul. They do exhibition games around the US where we have big Salvi communities.

Nobody is saying lets go to the world cup.

Is for people that lives here man. Sos o te haces el jolote?

8. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

whats a "jolote" ? you think your good to play in such a team right? SOrry to mess up your post with such sarcaSM, but I thought that's why you set up more post to listen to weirdos like me talk non-sense.

9. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    wtf? im done with soccer man, if anything i may be a coach.

the reason why i say that is bc there a lot of younger players that are most likely to end up with not education, they dont make the grades to go to college and they are not going to MLS also...

a lot of this kids could get some more exposure. is just an idea nobody is saying lets do it right now.

jolote is the same as chumpe :D sos chumpe vos maje.

10. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

YOU MEAN "CHOMPIPE" Actually that's a great idea, isn't that what cassal is ? I dont think the El Salvadoran federacion will spend money on sending agents to america to look for talent, thats the problem, but if they had a little amagination, they could replace half of the starting line-up with better player I think born or living here. FIelding a more competitive team will create it's own profit. They can request sponsorships for long term 3-4 year contracts. I am more than confident if the "the Salvadoran federacion" could pull some talent from the US if they were to put that plan to action. We need scouts here ( not just CHelona & De los cobos making a couple oone calls ) a Salvadoran american who speaks english and travels the country then once encountering new players, then that agent " seals the deal" with that player.

11. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    i dont think fesfut would do anything to be honest. they dont really have the money or the desire plus they have a lot of work to do at home.

this has to be a project created and runned by salva americans.

i know about casal but that thing is only in LA, there is huge salva communities in san jose, san francisco, houston, dallas, new york, charlote, ashville, virginia, maryland from what i've heard.

maybe casal can build their thing in all those cities and come up with a selecta american team, like i said just to promote salvi american players to mls and other professional leagues around the world.

12. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The best thing to do is to start a Salvadoran League through out the Country... Get some Up Class people with money to back up the league. Create teams in Houston, L.A., San Fran, Dallas, D.C., Virginia, MD, NY, San Jose and so on and have a Tournament...:D Maybe someday all of our NT players would come out of that league :)

13. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I vote for Los Angeles Firpo team :D "L.A."Firpo.

14. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

That sounds correct, it has to be a private project. I see the lucrative potential in selling tickets smaller venues like cal st. fullerton, and ucla and usc stadiums. With an all-star team of salvameicans vs. ucla, "la selecta", usc, and all sub-17 - 23 teams in concacaf for pre tounament warm-ups. A sports lawyer would need to be contacted to work with the legalities of putting together rules of recruting amateur athletes.

Gentlemen, I think we can do something here, I like our ideas. Lets do some action, not just talk. Tomorrow I will contact a "sports lawyer".

15. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

LA already has casal.

Now we have to contact peole from Houston, Dallas, New York and the other Salva communities.

Once we have Coaches, sponsors and a good project plan. We can talk more.

If any you know people in casal or involved with competitive soccer anywhere in the US but mostly in those places, invite them to come here so we can talk about the project.

Yes it can be a private SalvaAmerican League that could have a tournament once a month or 5 times during the year...

College students, business owners and Salvas that enjoy soccer and would be willing to help are welcome.

Im sure is there is a well designed and planned project we would find business owners interested in helping, heck a lot of Salvas have money you know and Im sure they will be willing to help bc when you do that you get cut in some of your taxes at the end of the year.

I know you are being funny with the firpo thing but this should have nothing to do with clubs in liga mayor although they could sponsor if they want to.

If they want their name in the project they may as well throw some money in and that is not going to happend.

As far as I know Aguila is the only team with descent amount of fans every weekend, and who knows what they do with all the profit they get. We have the biggest fans in ES but yes we still have not build a better stadium!

This should be puretely for and from Salva Americans and we can help a few immigrants with skills and not hope.

16. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Ok so this is what we have right now for the Salvi-American selecta :cool:

1. Arturo Alvarez
    2. Burgos Jr
    3. Kevin Mejia
    4. Luis Silva
    5. Ryan Reyes
    6. Gerson Fuentes

Wow 6 players, who else?

17. Chill [-0-]

Chill [-0-] Red Card

Feb 27, 2009
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Dallas FC's Steve Purdy. Defense. German dad, slv mom. Also approached by USA. De Los Cobos already talked to him and he expressed his preference over USA. But still, no decision has been made yet, nor he has been called for USA MNT

18. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    7. Steve Purdy

So we have 7 players? im sure there is more salvis out there in top colleges, usl or pdl teams.

lets look for them ;)

It will be awesome to have exhibition games between Salvi-Americans and Las Selectas and club of liga mayor.

19. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    8. Diego Mejia at PDL California Seahorses

20. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Mejia is done with la selecta, is he still with the Seahorses?

I dont think he will still be there, I havent talk to coach pablo in a while. If he is still there I guess we can include him in the project ;)

21. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

WHo knows we would need to have tryouts open to the public you you and FIRPO can try out as well.

22. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    haha im good, my knee is messed up. idk about el chelon.

Im thinking the coaches would be.

Hugo Perez and Diaz Arce assisting or Cienfuegos :cool:

23. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    A wild and unrealistic concept in 2009, it’s no longer a strange idea in 2021. With 9 Americans and a Dutch player in the preliminary 2021 Gold Cup squad, it’s the most “foreign” our team has become. With even more Salvadoran-Americans in the MLS and USL, a near-full “Americanised” ES squad is totally plausible.

We had a Salvadoran-Australian team (now defunct), known as La Selecta Victoria, and a Salvadoran-Swedish team Salvadoranska FC.

What would be nice is if USA ran a tournament with Salvadoran-American teams from across the country, much like the annual Croatian-Australian Soccer Tournament.

We now have CD Aguiluchos USA in Oakland and Limeno GA in Georgia.

Aged like fine wine :ROFLMAO: