Salles, Antoniuk to Silverbacks

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by El Guero Naco, Jan 11, 2007.

1. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Wow.

This is about as big as a trade can get in the USL-1.

Wonder what was behind the swap? Atlanta released quite a few guys after the season.

2. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Silverbacks always release a bunch of guys right after the season, they just usually don't announce it.

You got me, looks like Atlanta got a steal on these two guys, especially the way Fabian kind of disappeared last year.

3. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow this is a big USL1 deal. Looks like Atlanta's ownership is making some power plays.

4. Greentown

Greentown New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PORTLAND
    Dizzy Antoniuk is a great player, this is a big pickup for the Silverbacks. I remember him in Portland, I was sad to see him go.:(

5. ohhh_yeah

ohhh_yeah New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Portland

yeah i second that one... dizzy and all of his family is greatly missed here in PDX... he has talent and i just wished our management kept him around longer... good luck to him in ATL except for when he plays us...

[​IMG]

6. danielbarrientos

danielbarrientos Red Card

Sep 3, 2005
    Sorry, we have the best fw of the league : Chris El Guerito

7. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watch out Atlanta!

8. Greentown

Greentown New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PORTLAND
    (SIGH)......I am going to vent some more on how much I miss this guy. I truly believe he carried the load late in the 2005 season for us when we had a 15 man roster, and he scored a large percentage of those goals that gave us a successful bid to the 2005 playoffs. I miss the Hugo to Dizzy connection too, they connected on many tallies in the 05' campaign. Enjoy Atlanta fans, you are getting a great player.