Salgado breaks his foot

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by dewhitecapfan, Jun 7, 2012.

1. dewhitecapfan

dewhitecapfan Member

Jul 28, 2008
  2. VegasNYC

VegasNYC Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Australia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes a shame indeed as he was just starting to make good. Like you said lets hope he bounces back.

3. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
  4. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where did you hear this? I read the other day he would be out another 3 weeks. Am I mistaken about this or something?

It's always unfortunate when a player injures himself on international duty. As a fan of the club the player plays for, you feel cheated....at minimum he should get injured while playing for the club (or so the theory goes), not off while playing for the country....in a friendly no less!

Hopefully he'll bounce back closer to 3 weeks rather than miss the whole season.

5. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Article on mlssoccer.com tonight says he's out for 2-4 months. They're hoping he'll come back before the end of the season, get a few games in and be ready for the playoffs if he's needed.

I'm bummed he's out that long. Tough break for the kid but he'll bounce back.

6. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    good timing for Long Tan, but then Twitter happened...

7. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    not really... i don't think Tan figured in Rennie's plans at all. The twitter shit I don't think matters. Unless there were, say, 3 forward injured I don't think you would have seen Tan at all. Rennie puts 5 or 6 guy ahead of Tan as it is.

Tan is finished with the Caps ,even without the twitter stuff.