Salcido VS. Marquez, and the best is:

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Atlas10, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

Are you for real? The Marquez is not only playing in europe but is a starter in one of the best teams in the planet. Its insane that Salcido has one great tournament and Marquez plays injured and now suddenly Salcido is the best. Salcido has a great future, is one of the best players in the MFL and should play in europe. But Marquez is Mexico's best player. As much as world class players they have in the MFL, its nothing compared to what Marquez faces in the Spanish and Champions league and what he faces in competition in his own club. He is not fighting for playing time as Marquez is constantly.

This is the huge problem in Mexico. A guy suddenly has a great tourney or plays well and we hype it up and end up hurting him. A guy has a bad tourney and now he is not the best. I hope Salcido knows how to handle all this.

2. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan

Just like Lozano after the Costa Rica game. They were hyping him so much, some people were allready placing him on European teams. Never fails.

3. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Yes you were one of those people hyping him!!! lol

4. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    yeah i aggre with you.. i never said Salcido was a bad player... i like the way salcido plays way before everyone started noticing his skill i knew that kid was gonna be good...

but still hes not a better player then marquez... BUT like u said if he keeps playing the way hes playing theres no reason for him not to be as good or better then marquez

5. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    You know what I think the whole phylosiphy of our opposing teams was that they thought mexico players were a bunch of no-bodys that they could walk all over them vs a bunch of euro stars but they were wrong!

6. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    I really dont think that at all.

The mentality is not the same as it was 30 years ago that the differences between the top teams and the weak teams were evidenced in the scoreboard. Those kind of differences are almost completely gone and the only thing that does make a difference between the huge teams and other teams is their history and their titles.

If by any means Rafa Marquez is the best player Mexico has right now,that only evidences the lack of quality players and stars Mexico has not been able to produce in the last years.It is the same when some say that Cuahutemoc Blanco his (still) the best mexican player when he his 32 years old.

Who comes behind to step up to the task if being the most talented player in Mexico right now?Many names,few real answers.

7. robviii

robviii Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Back to the topic, Salcido had a good tournament but he's still not even in the same league as Marquez.

For what it's worth, Salcido struck me as a very good athlete first, and a futbol player second. He's big, he's fast, he's not afraid to get stuck in, but did you notice how many times he belted the ball forward without any direction when under pressure? Marquez never does this unless there's a ball bouncing around in the box. Marquez's futbol skills (his penchant for red cards aside) are sublime. Salcido is not even in the same ballpark.

And taking license to talk about other players, it seems like Perez and Zinha are turning into true international-caliber players. But Lozano.... what happened?

8. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    Salcido is fast but his football skills are also top notch, did you see him pulling off footskills against Argentina. I've rarely seen him belt balls with no direction forward.

9. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Salcido is a true Aztec worrior!!!

10. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Awesome!

11. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Bull!!! Mocos, I never did that.

12. El Chivito

El Chivito New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Califas
    First, no one is doubting Marquez and his great abilities. Secondly, he does play in what might be the best league in the world, on the best team in the league. But Salcido has not just now started to show great skill, he has been playing very well for a while now and should be given some respect for what he has achieved.

Salcido has played well in the last two tournaments in Mexico along with MNT games. So to say that its hype based on a sole tournament or a cup.

Props to both Rafa and Salcido!

13. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    How tall are Salcido and Marquez?

14. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Marquez if I recall correctly is 1.82 (meters) and Salcido also if I recall correctly is about 1.78 (also meters).

15. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Its funny how with a tournament of five games you have transformed Salcido into Franz Beckembauer or Marco Baresi.

Salcido is yet to improve as a player and show if he has the level to persist in Europe.

Marquez is now the better of the two.

End of an useless discussion.

16. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I totally agree!

17. haragan

haragan Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Salcido has great potential, played better than Rafa in the Confederationes and will most likely suceed as much as Rafa if not more but one tournament does not make him better.

Rafa has been doing it for years in leagues where you either out up or shut up!

18. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I agree with Mocos.

19. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    It's Mosco baboso!

20. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    Salcido played pretty bad against South Africa, he kept getting burned on pure speed.

21. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan

:D :D

22. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Salcido VS. Marquez,

I think I'll go with 5 years of good to brilliant career over a couple of good seasons in Mexico.

Ask em again in 3 years :)

23. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

That was just so funny?