Sakiewicz take a PR class

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by ferenzvaros, Feb 12, 2003.

1. ferenzvaros

ferenzvaros Member

Jul 21, 1999
    NY, NY
    This guys is a frekin' buffoon; bring on Peter Wilt............

Sakiewicz quote from Metros stadium alive and kicking, Michael Lewis - NY Daily News article:

"Their (Harrison's) mettle was really tested when the state decided not to participate in our project," Sakiewicz said. "I would go to battle with the people of Harrison on any day of the week. They really stepped up."

The MetroStars hope to break ground in December. Sakiewicz said there were "five pretty significant legal documents that are being haggled over right now. ... We're pretty confident that there is about 60 days worth of legal work here."

2. MetroFreekieDeekie

MetroFreekieDeekie New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    He's an embarassment. Plain and simple.

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    (Que some Frank Sinatra here) 60 days.... it'll only be sixty days.... it'll only be sixty days... c'mon baby put some effort into it!

The Magpie

4. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or you could pay attention to the legal professionals on this and other threads, who say that, if what NS is saying is accurate (and none of us know whether it is or isn't), then there probably IS about 60 days worth of paper shuffling involved.

Then again, it's always easier to make hackneyed cracks about '60 days and counting' - a joke now as tired and played out as 'the Metros are always favored' and 'Move San Jose!'

:(

5. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998
    Exactly what part of this screams buffoon?

6. 5 O'Clock Hero

5 O'Clock Hero New Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Re: Re: Sakiewicz take a PR class

this part .......

7. mbrossetti

mbrossetti New Member

Mar 5, 2001
    NY, NY
    Then again...

Things being as they are, a certain amount of skepticism is allowed. However, unless you were sitting in on the meetings that must have happened for this article even to come to light, sit back and crack the jokes to yourself. 60 days passes rather quickly. If we're in April and it's another 60 days until there's any news, then this is again just more hot air. Until that point though...

8. Elder Statesman

Mar 29, 2002
    Central Park South,
    Nick obviously shouldn't have given timeframes of 30 or 60 days as he has over the past few years. However, many people are gullible and should have never listened to this stuff in the first place. We can follow the progress toward a new stadium by reading/listening to news regarding county funding, state funding, private commitments, environmental studis etc. All this stuff becomes public before any stadium is built. The process of getting a stadium is long and cumbersome. Not only for Metros and MLS but for all other sports.

9. sabremike

sabremike New Member

Sep 1, 2001
    Brewster, NY
    I think it was a poor decision by Nick to use the "60 days" line. He has to know that Metros fans have been conditioned to cringe any time that line gets used. All it seemed to do is make many people instantly sceptical.

10. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Frankly, I liked what he had to say, from start to finish.

And the 60-day bit just convinced me the statement really did come from Nick. :)

11. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is some political irony with the talk about 30-60 days. The "30-60-day Stadium" if it ever gets built, will be in a city named after a President who was the only President to have served 30-60 days in office. Actually 31 days.

12. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    I just found my new sig!