Sakiewicz: "I don't think it needs much of a makeover"...

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by sprite19, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Nice try. The only problem is I am not advocating playing time for Sergio. I am advocating playing time our most productive forwards. Who happen to be the only ones I compared Woly too. The only people who want to look at it this way are people who want to make Woly better.

So if its useless why did YOU compare them?

Once again the only people who say this are people who want to make excuses for Woly. Glen and Taylor showed they are more than capable of creating their own shots. Watch the San Jose game and tell me these guys can't create their own shots for themselves. Watch the way Glen abused Jolley to score in the last Dallas game and tell me these guys can only score if the ball "land in the perfect spot for them". We need to stop putting Woly's failures on other players. You are talking about Woly, not Taylor and Glen.

People need to face reality. We had real talent on this team and Bradley blew it.

2. needsashower

needsashower New Member

May 2, 2004
    down by the river
    I say: Shitcan all SI except Amado.

Magee will be a stud next year, If not for his finishing he would have been this year.

Brenes was unproductive and didn't impress me at all, shitcan.

Lisi was great until uncle bob fuct hm to the pine, get him on the pitch, bob.

The defence was pitiful, the pope should give back his pay, he didn't earn a freekin dime this season. Kenny was better.

Use the SI spots for DEFENCE, except for park, all our guys suck. Don't give me Leitch, he was a disaster.

3. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    corey, corey, corey, *tsk tsk tsk* - I expcected sooo much better from you here. :D

4. whymetroswhy

whymetroswhy New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Hillsdale, NJ

Umm..right...cause if you read my post I said Woly sucks too. And I compared them because I wanted to show how stupid YOUR comparisons were. And, suddenly Glen is a good forward cause he tooled Jolley on one play. Funny...because you're ridiculous. You make it sound like Woly never had a good game. I like how you point out some examples for Glen and Taylor too. So, basically Glen and Taylor play well in 2 games...MAYBE. And, then Glen has a good play against Jolley and suddenly they are amazing? How many balls did they ******** up because they couldn't control it. All of our forwards suck including Woly, and like I said before they showed no sense of first touch and finesse. If the ball didn't land perfectly to create an easy goal (for the most part) then the forwards could not score...hence midfield was scoring a great deal...where the play is created. I can't wait to see how you selectively take comments out of this to misconstrue what I have said like last time. And I watched almost all the games this season...I didn't see anything you are talking about. A coach can only do so much...players need to take advantage of the time they get or practice better to get time. It didn't help to have WCQ either.

And, why not...Let's get rid of the coach and the players. We seem to do that every year. Hasn't like every player in the league now played for the metros at some point? And how many coaches have we gone through? I love watching games and pointing out...oh wait he was a metro once for like a month...oh he was a metro for a year or two...hey remember when he was a metro. Or, remember when we had that guy as our coach...remember the season we went through like 3 coaches. I love making those remarks during games...It makes me feel proud to support such a ************ organization.

5. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    With all due respect you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Any person who says Glen and Taylor lacked first touch and finesse and can't score unless the ball lands perfectly to create an easy goal needs to have their head examined and is clearly not watching the games..

These guys are much more dangerous and skillful than Woly.

If you don't see that, no one can do anything to change that.

People need to stop making excuses for Bradley.

6. whymetroswhy

whymetroswhy New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Hillsdale, NJ

I give up on this argument...and if Glen and Taylor become the centerstone of this organization myself and a great deal of others will give up on the metros. That's all I have to say about that. I can't wait to watch those two lose balls again in the open field because they can't trap(oh wait, yes i can)...so you go watch that. Get it through your head that these are the same player...they all had a couple of good plays and all were in the right place at the right time for others.

7. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Giving up is smart because you were talking madness.

8. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I say let's Shitcan you. Because you have no idea what's going on.

#1 Magee has to get healthy first. Don't forget he suffered a mild concussion and his finishing problems in my view was the sophmore jinx he experenced, that's why he was moved into an offensive midfield role I think made him into a more well rounded player and improved his passing skills.

#2 Brenes is a good defensive midfielder who has decent crossing skills and when he came back from the Olympics from Costa Rica he found confidence and he improved tremendously.

#3 LISI WAS INJURED YOU MORON! He was never in the chatteu Bow Wow.

#4 The defense was bad at the final 1/3 of the season. Parke was slowly losing it and he admitted it before the telecast of the 2nd Crew match on MSG. Pope started decently till he got injured in the friendly matches before the Qualifiers started up against Grenada.

#5 Leitch is a role player he helped out on the defense and hustled back, at the same time he was able to bring the ball up the wing for the attack and crossed it into the midfield. So Chris Leitch did his job. Your just not paying attention.

Now back to Rommul. Your at it again huh?

alright, alright. I cleared my head and I'm going to have a decent conversation with you. I agree with you that both Cornell Glen & Fabian Taylor are very talented and they deserved to be on the field all the time, starting every match. From the begining of the season up till...............Let's say before the 6-2 thrashing that DC gave us in RFK around the 4th of July. Both of them did a fantastic job creating their chances and the midfielders did a fantastic job finding them to help create their chances. The July 4th match was the last time that Taylor Scored. After that match Cornell Glen scored three goals. The goal against the Wizards at the first match on the road in KC, the Game Winner at the swamp against the Revs and that fabulous goal he broke away and outmuscled from Jolley in Dallas.

I'm not giving Woly a pass. I'm just explaning to you what I saw from my perspective from Bradley. Bradley felt that if Wolyniec is the only forward on the club that was in his view scoring the goals that were able to give Metro a victory and that he was always in the right position to score the goal, that's why he gave Woly more chances to start than Glen & Taylor were suppose to.

Does that make it right? It probably does then again it probably doesn't. But in Bradley's mind the quality forwards that was suppose to do the job the substitute forward did. If you told me that super sub Ole Gunner Skolsjar of Man Utd was all of a sudden a starter and he couldn't cut it going the full 90, then Sir Alex would either quickly put him back on the substitute's bench or would have been sacked.

Is Bradley a stubborn fool. I will agree with you that he is. Then again he had a terriffic mix of vets and youth coming thru Chicago, from his first MLS Cups to his two US Open Cups. Bob is now starting from scratch with a big youth movement and these home grown Metros could have easly been members of the Chicago Fire last year if Bradley wasn't plucked out of his final year from his Chicago contract.

Also take into account that Glen & Taylor were either involved with National Team commitments for WCQ's as well as spending time injured on the D.L. So Bradley basically only had Woly & Magee up front or Magee playing as an offensive Midfielder.

Now the question is this, If both Glen & Taylor stay for next year & I want them to stay next year because I believe that they can contribute for next season. If you count the MLS scoring for Amado Guevara from 2003. 3 Goals & 10 assists but scored 4 goals in the US Open Cup. This season Amado went 10 goals and 10 assists because he felt more comfortable this season and the true leader of Hondruas came out for Metro this year. I believe that Taylor & Glen will have an improved season in 2005. Once again making Woly into a super sub and he can come in off the bench.

I hope this civilized conversation works well with you Rommul. That's what I think and I hope that this stuff will change for the better next season for Metro.

9. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Nothing that I disagree with here.

10. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

and most of us who know the game and the players we AGREE they are good players and we need to keep them , just need to work harder and play as a team and definetly help the coach to get the results that he wants.

11. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    THANK YOU ROMMUL!

Now that's settled. How about we head to the pub for a pint.

12. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    I think the players AND the coach need a change of attitude.

13. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Will there be naked ladies of questionable moral fiber there?

14. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    I don't understand how people can be so negative on Glen. Have you guys actually watched him play? That combination of pace and skill is sick. This guy was injured or MIA the whole season, I really think we should keep him.

Screw the Jolley play. The one play that runs through my mind is when he megged Agoos, and then promptly drew the PK. That was sick. This guy needs to start up top.

15. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    And the goal of the week against SJ after the great pass from Gaven......

I think alot of people spout off without watching these games.

16. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    The problem is that this happened so early in the season. People just forgot that these guys can play ball. People forgot how good we were in those first 5 games of the season. and it wasn't because we were playing a different system. It's that these guys stretched the field so much that our midfield was able to carve our opponents up. Both Taylor and Glen were injured all year and/or had call ups, which means people forgot about this.

The DC game is the perfect example. I remember seeing Taylor coming on and thinking who the hell is this guy. That speed, the power, the grace. It was ridiculous. I wasn't at the game, but my brother was. He called me up and said this guy is a superstar, he rose up to the occasion. He was a shell of that by the end of the year, because of the struggles of the season. Why shouldn't I expect a similar form if he regains confidence?

I personally wouldn't mind if we started off the year with the trio of Glen, Taylor, and Wolyniec as our forwards (I left Magee out for a simple reason, his upside isn't as high as the first two, and he doesn't have as many intangibles as Woly does...basically Magee has to do a lot to go back up in my book)

17. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Exactly!

I am the biggest Woly basher around but the guy is hardly useless.

He is not a good option as a starter because he lack of ability to create danger allows teams to gang up on our midfield because balls over the top are not a real threat. With Glen and Taylor on the field that threat is real.

Now imagine how the game would open up for a guy like Woly after a team has had Glen and Taylor running at them for 70 minutes when Woly comes on?

18. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Hot 22 In Union or Satan Dolls in Lodi Rommul. ;)

19. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    :)

20. Sir Ek

Sir Ek Member

Sep 5, 2001
    I thought Rommul wanted naked ladies.. last time I was at Satin Dolls (aka Bada Bing) they weren't naked.

21. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    If I get next to the ones of questionable moral fiber they will be naked soon enough.

:)