Saint Louis University Billikens 2009-2010

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by soccertom, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Happy Holidays to all! Let's start a new year with a new thread filled with soccer talk.

Topics?

1) All the great new players coming in.

2) Recognition of the great re-loading season of 2009.

3) Recognition of Tim Ream's stellar All American Career.

4) 2010's top 22 players.

5) How many goals will Sweetin, Roach, Estes score combined in 2010?

6) Do we have another Vedad coming in 2010? How good is Mehlville All American Adnan Gabeljic?

Dead topics to be buried. Coach Dan Donigan's status. He isn't going to be fired. Period. Just shut up because you are all exceedingly boring as well as being extremely ignorant.

2. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Other topics for the 2010 season,

Will Sito, Roeckle, McAnany all break into the starting line-up?

How good is Sito?

Who is SLU bringing in other than,

Gabeljic
    Sito
    Roeckle
    McAnany
    Kent Kobernus
    Milwaukee Marquette Forward Mike Roettgers.

Who will start on the back line taking over for Dice, Viviano and Ream? I know we have Alex Johnston, & Big Jake Brown. Will Mike Robson move to the back? Maglasang? Will Keegan Smith ever realize his potential?

3. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006

Thanks for trying to make the rules but I think I'll talk about whatever the hell I want to talk about.

4. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    No you won't unless you want to continue to look and sound ignorant, foolish, boring and stupid...

Merry Christmas!

5. Goal420

Goal420 Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Congrats to Tim Ream...he had one hell of a career and I wish him luck at the combine. Good kid, too...compared to Angus and a couple other of these jack-o$$'s that have came and went the past 4 years...he was able to combine talent and character....I wish him nothing but the best.

6. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Thank you Mr. Pot - I'll try not to look as foolish as those who start off every year saying SLU is a top 5 team.

7. bearchloe

bearchloe New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Nope not Martin either....

Merry Christmas to all.

Tim Ream: Exceptional kid, hardworker, good left foot, he will do well at the next level.
    Advice to him is to work on his speed & strength this off season. Interesting to see how he will be used next year and years to come (Left-mid, back, etc.)

Mike Roettgers: Big strong athletic kid. Will make some noise up front. Tireless work-rate. Blue collar forward and can complement a more crafty forward.

The current group seem to have good character. I don't know much about the incoming class but it will be interesting to see how they buy-in to what the previous class have shown.

I am optomistic about next season...one game at a time, secure tournament, then hello NCAA. It seems to fly by faster and faster the older you get.

8. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Any chance Holmes, Jaramillo, or Viviano (or anyone else) gets a combine call up?

9. bearchloe

bearchloe New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Unless someone gets hurt or one or more of the MLS coaches wants to see them invited it probably won't happen. The spots are already set for the combine. http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20091210&content_id=7792338&vkey=pr_mls&fext=.jsp That is not to say they will not play in the MLS. There are many opportunities to get in. Someone said Jarmillo was practicing with Real Salt Lake last summer so there is a posibility he will get called into pre-season camp.

10. billyken

billyken New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    ST...you are silly. Yea...lets not talk about what effects the program the most, the coach. Great idea. Ignorant are we?

11. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    He wants a forum of cheerleaders.
    That way he can tell his buddy Dan that he's being an obedient lap dog.

12. billyken

billyken New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Yes. Cannot face reality. I feel bad for him.

13. billikensoccer

billikensoccer New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Did Keegan Smith ever have potential?

14. billikensoccer

Aug 23, 2009
    Tim Ream will be a good pro. Great talent. He is technical, big, fast and left footed which will help.

Yea he combined talent and character, most of the guys that are successful on the team have good character. But Ream whined just as much as anyone else about the coaches but you don't know that because you really do not know much about the players or coaches.

It amazes me how people can come on here and just through out things like that when they really do not have a clue what goes on.

15. billikensoccer

Aug 23, 2009
    It is hard to tell with incoming recruits what impact they are going to make because you just do not know how good they are. I personally have not looked at the class to much but who knows how good they will be. From what I heard they are not great just OK. But who knows.

Saying someone will be the next vedad is probably a huge mistake. That person is not coming to SLU anytime soon. You may see him at an ACC school, IU, or now Akron. He will not be at SLU as long as DD is still here.

But I will try and save you the embarrassment before you go saying Keegan Smith is the next Calum Angus or Josh Boemecke is the next Diriamondo or even talking about the 5 players in next years class that will never play and either transfer, quit, or get cut. I would just wait till next year to see who can really play.

16. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    How is Sito Sasieta recovering from his broken tibia?

If not injured, he would have been Player of the Year, IMO.

I understand that besides being a great player, he's a really good kid and a good student.

I'm still of the opinion that good charcter wins out over good skills when it comes to college players.

17. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    This post makes you look and sound ignorant, foolish, boring and stupid...

18. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999

19. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999

20. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999

21. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Holmes is planning on returning next year for SLU as a 5th year Senior. Both Jaramillo and Viviano will get a look from MLS teams but neither are invited to the MLS Combine.

22. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999

23. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    I assume this means his red shirt went through? I had never heard.
    Good for him (and us).

24. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999