Saha/Ronney, Tevez/Rooney or Saha/Tevez/Rooney???????

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by frednmethod, Sep 12, 2007.

1. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's a real conundrum to get all these players into one side. The temptation to play aboth Rooney, Tevez and Saha might end up ruining the way we play. Too many cooks and all that? :confused:

People are also sacraficing Giggs who has not done anything to justify dropping him really. One of them (Rooney or Tevez), like it or lump it, is going to have to sit on the bench, and the same goes for either Carrick or Hargreaves. Although it is an option to drop Scholes simply because he's 32 and won't around forever. Fergie brought in Hargreaves, presumably, because he believes that he can play with Carrick so it's about time that those two started playing together in midfield.

But at the end of the day, you have four player (Ronaldo, Tevez, Saha and Rooney) and 3 places so one has to go really.

Fergie has bought well, but he hasn'y half given himself a headache in the process.....

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    People (like me) are opting to drop Giggs for the same reason you opt to drop Scholes.

3. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ideally I'd rather not drop either of them. I think they both should be starting and the new players have to justify taking their places. Eg, as far as I'm concerned Tevez hasn't done enough to keep Rooney out of the side once he returns to fitness so Tevez must be dropped or Fergie must attempt to gel them both at the expense of Saha, which would be a foolish move given how much he gives to us when fit.

The same cannot be said of Hargreaves, Carrick and Scholes. Hargreaves has been great so in that instance Carrick must warm the bench I guess and play his way back into the side.

On the wings Ronaldo is untouchable as long as he's fit and Nani must improve in order to convince me he can do what Giggs does, but better. Anderson also must start giving people a reason to pick him otherwise his Man Utd career will fizzle out before it has begun. He has time, but so far there has been little justification to drop someone for him.

We have added all these new players and are struggling. Now we must go back to how we were last year and have them force their way into the side. Chelsea struggled to put Shevchenko into their side because he was thrown in. Let's not make the same mistake.........

4. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/preview?id=221312&cc=5901

Fergie says our chances of glory this season are highly tied to Saha's fitness. I find it funny that he says "Saha offers us something different than the rest". Of course he does Fergie - he's a freaking 9! No one else in this entire squad can do what he does. I'm hoping this means that Fergie will start him tomorrow and from there out when it's necessary. He's almost becoming our supersub, and with his fitness record it may be the best he's suited for.

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know why this is news, this much everyone should know. What surprises me is that Ferguson is putting so much trust on Saha. Talk about weight on your shoulders. He knows how injury-prone he is, and depending on his form this season, it may or may not determine where his future lies with the club. Be sure that if he has an injury-laden season, he's gone.

6. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Someone's a bit cranky.:)

7. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What a post. Great subject matter, proper grammar for once, and succinct. Some of you could learn from this.

8. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Who are you talking about.:confused:

9. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It got deleted.

10. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What was the jist of the post.

11. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It had to do with Tevez and male reproductive organs, don't worry about it.