Sad to say but...

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by TishaVench15, Aug 24, 2002.

1. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    We're going to have change our forum slogan very soon. Any suggestions?

2. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Fierce Fish fights on.

3. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    The Ya-Ya Cyberhood :D

4. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ode to the Rolling Stones, Mick and Keith

Get your Ya-Yas out!

5. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    LoveWNT had this great suggestion: "Stun 'em, kill 'em, chew 'em!" Which, of course, is what a real ray (not Real Ray) does out in the ocean.

I still like that suggestion. But whatever happened to LoveWNT, anyhow?

6. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    Awesome suggestion! I remember that from awhile back when we decided to go with The Bald and The Beautiful. I'm not sure where LoveWNT went, but I'm sure she'd be happy to see her suggestion under our name.

7. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    FearM9 LOVES Vench!!!
    :eek::eek:

8. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    There's the winner!! I'm sure Corky would have NO problem with that. He should be used to it by now.

Tim, go ahead and submit that one when you get a minute or two.

9. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    LoveWNT was a he. Former military officer, huge USWNT fan. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the CyberRays' opener last year. But he hasn't been on these boards in over a year. Given that he didn't look the perfect picture of health when I met him, I'm fearing the worst. :(

10. SomebodyOrOther

SomebodyOrOther BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    No. I have a personal issue with the group with the "Ya-Ya Cyberhood" sign at the games and their lack of respect for other people's signs and stuff. They're kinda rude, actually. It would not make me happy to adopt that as the forum slogan.

tcmahoney--LoveWNT's slogan is evil. I like it. :D I'm sorry to hear you think he might not be OK.

We still might be able to come up with something better. I'll make some feeble attempt to be creative later today!

11. Druid Squirrel

Dec 15, 2000
    A hollow tree
    How about "Inaugural Champions of WUSA" or "2001 WUSA Champions"? We're still the most successful team in the long, storied history of the league -- after all our Cup and fifth-place finish beats out the current holders' Cup and last-place finish -- so we might as well keep a classy forum slogan.

12. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Not bad, Druid Squirrel.

OK, people, you've got until 5 p.m. Monday evening (PDT) to come up with some more suggestions so we can do a quick poll.

13. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one can take away the fact that the Rays are the 2001 WUSA Champions or the Inagural Champions. DS came up with a good idea.

However, the trophy now resides in Cary, NC so the team and their fans get to do what they like with the Cup. I'll let Andy drink from the trophy and gloat all he wants. Congrats to them.

The Rays are champions in the hearts and minds of their fans, though they came up short this year.

I can't wait to have the Rays take back the trophy next year. We will have to give credit this year to the Blue Lioness for going from Worst to First.

14. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    I thought about that, too but then it seems like we are holding onto the past a bit. Our team shouldn't only be known for that.

I still like LoveWNT's idea. I feel like an idiot, I could have sworn that was a woman but maybe there was somebody around at one time with a screen name similar to that. I hope he is ok.

15. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    OK. No one has come up with any other realistic suggestions other than "Stun 'em, kill 'em, chew 'em!"

So, shall we go with that?

16. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Grrrrreat.

As if our mascot wasn't freaky enough already...now we're going to promote that it kills people and eats them too. :rolleyes: I can see my sister freaking out even further.

j/k I don't really care if she freaks out. I can't think of anything else anyway.

But I can tell you what her suggestiong would be: Smile, you've got Frenchie! :D

17. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Brandi and the Brazilians"

(Hey, Dave Barry would like it - it sounds like a good name for a rock group! ;) )

18. SomebodyOrOther

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    Your sister is a very smart woman.

I am at a complete creative loss for anything remotely appropriate for a forum slogan. I mean, something along the lines of "We still love our team even though our head coach is an idiot" probably isn't the tag-line we want. Hmmm...

I wish the oficial CyberRays song had some more meaningful lyrics than "la la la", because then we could hijack some of them. It's probably not terribly inspiring to have "San Jose CyberRays: LA LA LA!" as your forum title. It would make me giggle every time I saw it, however. Yes, I'm easily amused.
    [​IMG]

They can play my backyard BBQ any day!

19. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    She thinks so. She says, "I've been waiting for people to say that."

She's 14, btw, but yeah, she's a pretty bright kid. Ever modest too. :p

Um...All I can think of is "Samba time in San Jose." Sorry, creativity is not my strong suit.

Wait, I don't get it: we don't want to be remember as the 2001 WUSA champs, but we do want to be remembered for killing and eating people? :confused: Well, whatever floats your boat. I don't object.

20. Socceroo

Socceroo New Member

Aug 15, 1999
    CA
    That's more like it. Or how about, "HERE fishies ... NICE fishies ... OUCH!!!"

--Socceroo

21. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been changed to "Stun them...".

The Carolina Courage also revised theirs adding "WUSA Champion" to "Blue Lions".

They can do what they like with the Cup. I'm waiting for a chance for the Rays to reclaim the championship.

22. LilSister#8

LilSister#8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Olympia, Washington
    Oh please no! Sorry -- freaking out-- Just thinking about the ugly clam killing and chewing makes me very upset.

I wonder in Shock turns evil if you feed it after midnight- kind of like a gremlin. Wait... Shock's already evil. Never mind

I for one smile when I think about Frenchie! ;) :D Change to with that one!

23. Chiefs

Chiefs New Member

Dec 21, 2001
    This one is too violent

24. SomebodyOrOther

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    Did we ever actually do a poll? I think it was just changed to "Stun 'em"... Just from skimming back through the thread we had about as many "no" posts about that one as we did in favor once it was all said and done. Not that we exactly got on the ball with new ideas right away, but I think now that the season is over people just aren't checking back in as regularly. Given that some people are obviously genuinely disturbed by the forum tagline, perhaps a vote after all might be a good idea?