Sacramento

Discussion in 'NASL Expansion' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Mar 10, 2013.

1. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

3. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And in either case the location sucks.

4. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. sjsuvc2

sjsuvc2 Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Corvallis , Oregon
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone alittle sad that usl pro is going to sac instead of nasl? wont be surprised if the usl pro team doesn't draw big crowds, usl pro is feeder to mls, nasl is there own level with no ties to mls and can be treated as a "pro" club with out worrying if there newest star player has to return to the parent club at end of week.

6. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know about that. The latter form has worked well for MiLB for more than a century.

7. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Me - no. I would much rather see a lower level team in Sacramento than a higher level team in Elk Grove. Elk Grove has no business hosting a professional soccer team at any level - unless there was a Sacramento or a Nor Cal league.

I think the main thing is to get in the game. USL Pro is a decent level, IMO, to start out at. Team also has a shot to be affiliated with the Earthquakes or other MLS team.

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Because "pro" clubs never have players leave or get sold.

9. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What it's meant for and what it'll actually be used for are two different things.

11. deltaforce

deltaforce New Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    This is a big mistake. Hasn't Sacramento learned anything from Vancouver, Portland and Seattle?

12. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sacramento is more interested in their pending NBA arena right now. They couldn't give less of a shit about MLS if they tried. Hence Elk Grove is moving into the hole while it's there. Not that Elk Grove is the answer. It's probably the worst possible location around Sac to build.

13. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Other than Rio Linda.........but yes it is a bad location.

14. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

So you are aware and acknowledge that you continuously post off topic garbage but continue to clutter up every forum with this crap? How inconsiderate.​

15. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Does Sacramento have an existing downtown stadium that would be appropriate?

16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no not continuously but please feel free to place me on ignore and call it a day...apparently you'll be much happier

17. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

And the link to this info? Oh yeah, you don't do that either.

18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.npsl.info/home/736055.html

as per your request...and if you don't care for the style of my posts definitely go ahead and ignore me as well...

FC Hasental@fchasental10 Jul
    #fchasental will host @sacramentogold Sunday 7/14, 6pm kick, William Rolland stadium, at Cal Lutheran Univ in RND 1 of @NPSLSoccer playoffs

19. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Raley Field is as close to appropriate and downtown a stadium as you'll get. And it's a baseball park in West Sac across the river from Old Town. So it's not really "appropriate" in any sense as a long term home.

So to answer your quesiton, no.

20. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    The horseshoe shaped stadium where the Sacramento Gold Miners and Sacramento Mountaing Lions, is that viable.

Apologies, never been to Sacramento.

21. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why? I live in rancho Cordova and, to me, I couldn't think of a worse place then Natomas or, forbid downtown. Roseville? nope. South Sacramento? hell no. Eldorado hills? get real. The Sacramento City Council is already working on the arena for the Kings where the plaza was. fine okay put an arena downtown when we have one way streets in sh1tty traffic already . not my choice and I don't like basketball anyway so it'll affect me only if I want to go downtown in the evening .

The only reason I can see anybody being opposed to Elk Grove building a soccer pitch is yes you hate Elk Grove for the sake of it hating Elk Grove. If that's the case, then I can't argue it and understand it.

22. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't have anything against Elk Grove, it's just in the middle of nowhere. And more importantly is way to far away from where the bulk of the "Sacramento" population lives which is between downtown and points east, not 20 miles down I-5. A stadium would be much better positioned off I-80 or US 50 if not downtown.

Elk Grove is nothing but the next Frisco or Bridgeview.

23. calcmandan

calcmandan Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally I hate Elk Grove. I worked at Apple during college and it was a 25 minute drive from East Sacramento. It's a suburb of Sacramento. It's also not in the middle of nowhere. that place is chock-full of shopping centers and it was one of the fastest-growing cities during the housing bubble. the place is huge. I mean we're not even talking Stockton which is 45 minutes south. Elk Grove is not the new Frisco as you say. It is nowhere near the distance.

I5 is wide and perfectly capable of handling traffic for a 20000 seat soccer stadium.