Sacramento Republic FC

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by Knave, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anything interesting?

2. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh. Mostly owner-speak.

They are having discussions with MLS about territorial rights regarding San Jose. No talks with all three parties, yet.

Have started their own academy.

Negotiating for more seating at Cal-Expo next year in hopes of expanding the season ticket holder base to impress MLS.

No truth to the rumor that Sac will sign Ronaldinho. :ROFLMAO:

Have discussed partial public ownership, like Seattle, but serious consideration is a ways off.

3. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Two year deal with Lotto. Next year's kits will be similar style with patch. Perhaps an alternative patch to use in non-league play.

4. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Someone should do a podcast for this team.

5. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  6. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Championship Trophy Tour!

Trophy Tour

Kudos to the club for continuing to find way to connect with fans, especially in the off-season. Keeping the excitement alive.

7. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Republic heads further down the path of youth development by solidifying relationships with local youth clubs and kicking off youth clinics...

http://uslpro.uslsoccer.com/home/852858.html

"... Clinics Manager Kenny Cooper (no, not THAT Kenny Cooper)... will be moving from the club’s marketing department to lead the development of all camps and clinics...Republic FC will host its first soccer clinic on January 2 with a Goalkeeper and Striker Clinic at Mather Sports Complex in Mather, Calif."

I'm glad they're moving forward with this side of the organization. Here is the link for clinic registration:

http://www.sacrepublicfc.com/community/camps-clinics/strikers-goalkeeper-clinic/

8. Chris21695

Chris21695 New Member

Dec 31, 2013
    546446114950377472 is not a valid tweet id

546447911479816192 is not a valid tweet id

QuietType and xbhaskarx repped this.
  9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've had some time to think about this and can't help but think this is yet another box to check off to make MLS happy. Maybe this was something the league wanted to know/see from each bidder? What their plans were in terms of youth academies? Regardless it can't hurt. But I do think MLS wanted to see something like this beforehand.

11. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I'm actually thinking it's something that's above and beyond what MLS wanted to see, at least in terms of a time frame.

I'm just waiting for SRFC to announce the creation of a new USL Pro reserve team affiliate in Fresno while SRFC is still a USL Pro team itself! ;)

12. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Repub_FC_77

Repub_FC_77 New Member

Dec 5, 2014
    mangerson repped this.
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  15. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been pretty obvious he will be with them this year

16. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    “We look forward to the opportunity to enhance our relationship with the Quakes,” said Republic FC President Warren Smith.

:thumbsup:

“Through our matches last year and our continued affiliation, we are creating one of the top regional rivalries in North American soccer.

:eek: :x3:
    **HINT HINT** @MLS ! :D

Interesting that we are increasing affiliation/partnership while at the same time creating a top regional rivalry, very clear what Warren is saying here. IMO will be beneficial to the league and both the Quakes and Republic to have both in MLS and fuel a great regional rivalry.

Repub_FC_77 and mangerson repped this.
  17. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I will say this, I've supported DC United since 1996. In all that time I never hated the Quakes. They were just sort of out there as a kind of whatever team. Sort of like the Rapids. But since SRFC came around, I'm developing a definite dislike for the Quakes. It's not like my total hatred of the Galaxy. And it's not like my eye-rolling contempt for the Sounders. But it's definitely at a "oh, those guys again" level.

Repub_FC_77 repped this.
  18. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reckless Challenge has coverage on SRFC's development of a youth academy.

http://www.recklesschallenge.net/sacramento-republic-academy/

"The club hopes to launch the academy late this year, with the first six months of the year being used to lay the groundwork for the program. It has been reported in the past that the Republic will take over the academy program of the San Juan Soccer Club, and from what I have been told that is one possibility."

also...

"Smith wants the academy to develop relationships with all Sacramento area clubs, the idea being that the elite players from those clubs can come to the Republic program for an even higher level of training and competition."

So how do academies of professional teams work? I'm sure players can be committed to SRFC only. But can other players that come into the academy play for both the club academy and the "home" academy? Seems like a lot to demand of the player, and would it be the acceptable to home academy coaches to have a player come in and out, disrupting their own team's continuity? Maybe that's not such a big deal in the amateur ranks?

19. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It appears that SRFC has developed something similar to a MLS style affiliation with Ventura Co. Fusion:

"For the 2015 season, Ventura County Fusion & Sacramento Republic FC will;

- Share information on player identification and development for the professional level
    - Identify VC Fusion players deemed to be suitable for future selection by Republic FC
    - Provide Republic FC players in need of development and fitness an opportunity to play matches for VC Fusion
    - Utilize this partnership as a recruiting vehicle to attract players of multiple ages and skill levels"

http://www.uslpdl.com/home/861946.html

This may be common in USL, for all I know, but I think it is an important evolution for the club to identify new streams of talent and more options to better develop their own talent.

Built for MLS!

QuietType repped this.
  20. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I don't think it's common at all. Indeed, I believe it's unheard of.

21. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if a similar partnership will come with Fresno?

22. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    If the club moves to MLS, and Fresno goes to the USL, then I'd think so.

I gather from the Beeman's Republic podcast that the Ventura affiliation is basically a product of Graham Smith's strong connection to both teams.

23. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999