Sacramento Republic FC

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by Knave, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very nice kits! I prefer the white one, but they both look good. No camo, thank gosh (though I do like the seal and its earth tones. Just not a whole kit's worth).

2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. sugit

sugit Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Sacramento
    New video...really enjoying the work they put into these. Very professional.

4. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw this commercial twice on ESPN yesterday. Once during Sportscenter and once during the MLS final. Nice to see the advertising push begin.

5. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    They also aired that commercial all morning on NBC Sports during EPL games.

QuietType repped this.
  6. sugit

sugit Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Sacramento
    I read Indy Eleven signed a TV deal.

In addition, Indy Eleven revealed that they’ve partnered with MyIndy-TV to broadcast every home game of the 2014 season and select road matches as well. MyIndy-TV is a sister channel of WISH-TV, the CBS affiliate in Indianapolis.

I was actually wondering recently if that might be a possibility here as well. Rivercats games don't have a TV deal that I am aware of, so I guess I had a hard time seeing it. Would be curious to hear what others thought.

7. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Could have sworn I saw a commercial that the local CBS station was the official TV partner of the Republic. Not sure if that means they will air games but it might be an option.

8. sugit

sugit Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Sacramento
    That would be awesome if they showed some games on TV. It would be cool to organize some watch parties.

9. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how difficult it would be to peel off or un-stitch that hideous USL crest...

10. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully, as easy as it is to pull (peel) off the equally hideous MLS logo;) :D

11. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The logos for MLS and NASL look a million times better than that flaming green monstrosity... the rest of the Republic jersey, the parts they have control over, looks amazing. Smearing dog poop over the USL logo would be an improvement.

12. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed 100%. I really dig the NASL logo. Very classy and doesn't come across as cartoonish or elementary.

13. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Apparently there's an event tomorrow called In the Mix. What is that?

14. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    An event put on by the Metro Chamber of Commerce-EDGE which is a group for up and coming businesses.

The Mix info from their eventbrite link:

"Are you excited for Sacramento area sports in 2014? Want to learn more about supporting our local teams? Maybe you don’t care about athletic competition but are interested in how professional sports venues can serve as civic amenities in their cities. Either way you’re in luck, because EDGE will look to improve your knowledge on the subjects this month at In the Mix!
    Last year, our city welcomed pro soccer team Sacramento Republic FC, and team President Warren Smith will be on hand at this month’s mixer to chat with EDGE members about his vision for the team and the role it will play in our region’s future. Plus, we’ve got big news about the upcoming Emerge Summit for young professionals that you won’t want to miss.
    Wicked ‘Wich will also be on hand and Sac Republic FC is hosting beer from New Helvetia.
    Of course, that’s not all! You can also enjoy an abbreviated trivia night led by our very own Controller Sean O’Brien and 2013 Chair Ryan Porter. Join us for Metro EDGE’s In the Mix at the Sacramento Republic FC offices on Jan. 21
    Register here for this year’s first great EDGE event!
    Due to the continuing increase in registration at the In the Mix events, non-member registration is $15, BUT that cost will be deducted from the cost of membership, if you join at the event. Or
    join now and avoid the hassle at the door!"

15. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sacramento announcing that they have signed Diskerud as their first DP

QuietType repped this.
  16. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got an email today that mentioned the MLS superdraft and the additions the Earthquakes made, but no mention of Portland's picks.. I found that interesting.. Though, they could have just been profiling the NorCal area players. Anyone else get that email?

17. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I think I got the same email. I thought it was just highlighting locally produced players.

18. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I see a few familiar names on the list.

Bouba Diop is obviously the big name there. It would be pretty cool to have him in Sacramento considering he has played at the highest level. He had a pretty amazing 2002 World Cup, with a winner against France and a brace against Uruguay as Senegal went to the QF.

Also Adam Smarte. I remember him from the 2008 Earthquakes team.

I also see a "Stefani Miguoranzi" from Brazil...which looks like a misread of "Miglioranzi". Stefani Miglioranzi is from Brazil and played in MLS for a number of years. He appears to be a player representative now, but maybe he's looking to make a come back as a player at a lower level.

19. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    It sure is an interesting mix. Bunch of young guys I know nothing about, but then there are a couple "isn't that such and such" guys like Miglioranzi. And Papa Bouba Diop is rather unexpected. I don't know: is this what a typical USL Pro roster looks like?

20. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also another interesting player of note is Chad Bartlome, who has played for years in the lower leagues in Switzerland and is currently on the books of BSC Old Boys.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Stefani Miglioranzi is coming out of retirement after 2 years and getting a chance at making the team mostly because he already works as a rep for Graeme Smith's First Wave Sports Marketing firm.

22. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  23. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anyone know any of the employees or management for the team?

24. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Some site is apparently selling original t-shirts about the republic. Pretty nice stuff.