Sacramento MLS Expansion Superthread

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by 30King, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Back on the Doom Ledge, all you right thinking doomsayers!

2. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is there any hope of New owner coming in? Or is this dead completely

3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    There's never any fcuking hope.

bobby_guzman and OWN(yewu)ED repped this.
  4. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    aaaaaaand time to dig out all my emo CDs and lock myself in my room for the next 6 months

5. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC

bobby_guzman repped this.
  6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    See you on the Doom Ledge. Bring booze.

7. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    I’m so sorry for all the Sacramento fans, you guys don’t deserve this.

8. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

9. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sac fans getting served some humble pies! Ya'll been talking so much trash about our Quakes, how you would outspend us, how you would build a better stadium than ours, how your fan support are more legit, how you got more "farms to table" hipster bullshit restaurants bla bla bla.

Now you got nothing. NOTHING.

NorCal is Quakes territory. Sac is Quakes territory. Always remember, Sac is nothing more than a place for Bay Area rejects to move to when they can no longer afford SJ/SF. That's all you are, and that's all you'll ever be.

So go eat your fcuckin humble pies. I'll wait for you to join us at the big boys table in 5 years. Until then, see ya in the next few Open Cups, where it'll always end for you. We whooped your asses twice already and will whoop your asses again, and again, and again.

10. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    The important thing to remember is that it could be worse.

Theoretically, we could be Quakes fans.

11. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And there it is, awwwwww.....there is that same "weeee sooo tough" braggadocio attitude that got you and your team where you are today.

When your team first came into existence, we Quakes fans embraced you. We were just as excited as you are--close-by rival was seen as great for the game and for all of us in NorCal.

Then you start talking so much shit about us, for no reasons, out of nowhere, all this hatred against San Jose and the Quakes, for no reasons.

So Karma did its job. And did it well too. Next time, be humbler. Instead of talking shit about other teams, just take care of your own business first.

12. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First-time sports fan?

AndyMead repped this.
  13. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be a child. C'mon. There is a difference between friendly bantering and just straight up assholery "you ain't shit" attitude complete with condescension and dismissiveness. You had all of that, and then some.

A hell of a lot of you fans acted like we stole your lunch money back in middle school, so much unneeded vitriol that went way beyond just fans ribbing fans from another team. It was just unnecessary and killed a lot of our fans' enthusiasm for your team.

Yes, you heard it right, we were (and many are still) VERY ENTHUSIASTIC for your team. We WANT you in the league. I WANT you in the league. Gorgeous stadium, river setting, away games would be absolutely lit!

But a hell of a lot of Sac fans are a real bunch of assholes. And karma did its job and I'm OK with that :)

14. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That said, it's been a day now since the news broke, and I've already let all my emotions (and some glee) out.

And you know what, I'm starting to be bummed. I'm truly getting bummed out. For all the unnecessary shit-talk that you Sac fans do, I always believe that you would come into the league, and then karma would then be dealt out on the soccer field--we would (somehow) clean your clocks every game we play and that would be how I prefer to shut you up.

Well, karma god has a different idea. And it's a pretty fcucked up one. And I'm bummed. I was all glee about it in the beginning and still kinda am, but now that it's starting to sunk in, I'm just bummed out.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I'm just confused at the moment: I am both happy (because of the karma) but also sad... :(

15. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Irony

sitruc and FoxBoro 143 repped this.
  16. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There it is again ;) That little note of condescension and dismissiveness that permeates through most of you Sac fans' posts *tsk tsk*

Karma God sure went over the top with the comeuppance, but can't say the comeuppance wasn't warranted ;)

17. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pure irony to see this coming from someone in the bay area/silicon valley.

18. EDH Highlander

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When is Nagle going to put his voice out there on this CF? He has been eerily quiet.

19. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hes probably too ashamed and embarrassed to respond. Rightfully so.

20. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude... don't be a dick. My condolences to Sac fans. This is a kick to the balls that is really only surpassed by losing a team. And this came way out of left field.

Plus side, at least you still got the USL side (You still have the USL side right?).

21. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Careful. No one seems to be bringing up the fact that Burkle's beloved son passed away last year - did he take his own life? - at a time when things already seemed too quiet on the Sacramento front. Tragedy can take a lot of wind from your sails, and maybe Burkle's son was part of the impetus and the soccer connection - as is the case with many MLS owners who watched their kids grow up in the game, woke up to soccer's global significance and US potential, and wanted to hand off an exciting business entity to their heirs.

I hope it's not awful of me to bring this up, but I guess most of us recognize Sacramento MLS means a hell of a lot to a hell of a lot of people who love what soccer can be for a community, when it's done right. Really seemed like the Republic was headed in that direction.

EDH Highlander repped this.
  22. joelrip

joelrip Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, life goes on. There's still hope (for those not on the doom ledge), and the people who need to do the work to keep us in the game are at least trying to do the work.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article249617068.html

Big deals are always hard to get done, even without a global pandemic or personal tragedy throwing up surprise roadblocks. This is a huge setback, and if you look at things through a lens of probability, our odds of getting to MLS went from very high to middling.

If you like the sports analogy, we had a comfortable lead going into the final minutes, and the visiting team scored a couple shock goals against the run of play. So now we're level and playing scared in a must-win game. I could torture that analogy more with our star player getting injured and needing to sub him out, etc etc, but you get the point. Our team suddenly has a lot of work to do when we thought we were coasting. It's scary and uncomfortable, and all we can do is cheer louder from the sidelines and hope.

There will be a 30th MLS team (at least). We're ahead of all the other contenders in every area but money. And money's a big deal, to put it mildly. But I'm going to keep rooting for the home team and hope they pull it out. If they do, I'll feel that miracle win euphoria. If they don't, I'll mourn, heal, and come back for the home opener next season.

23. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    There's no hope and we were foolish for ever leaving the Doom Ledge.

24. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    doom ledge is now home, doom ledge is safety and security

25. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    "We are constantly on trial. It's a way to be free."