Sacramento Kings [R]

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by United Forever, Apr 16, 2006.

1. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Spurs must be sweating........I telling ya!

2. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Spurs aren't sweating anymore. Ginobili finally went off, and Artest could barely contain him. Parker also contributed quite a bit. Duncan was also huge in the second half as well. A 35-point effort from Bonzi was all for naught. We were in that game even with 3 minutes to go in the game, but San Antonio proceeded to put the Kings away from that point that Sac had tied it up.

Anyway, I will be at Arco for the do-or-die game Friday night. Hopefully - even if it should become the last game to be played at the old barn this season - the Kings can give us fans an effort to be proud of.

3. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    The whole series was a wonderful effort. No way in hell I see Spurs beatin Detroit

4. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel a little cheated, because the one playoff game at Arco I went to was the game the Kings' season ended with a whimper. The Spurs clicked on both ends of the court, while the Kings looked nearly as confused as they were in the first game of the series. The worst of the Kings came out: a lot of one-on-one by Bibby; Miller being useless as usual; ahd insufficient contributions from Artest, Wells, and Abdur-Rahim.

All in all, just making the playoffs was quite an accomplishment considering where the team was in January. Yet, the middle four games of this gritty series gave us a glimpse of what could have been had this team been together since the beginning of the season. To end the season in the manner they did was quite disappointing. At least next season is something to look forward to... there's a bit more optimism in Sactown than at this time last year, when we lost in Round 1 to Seattle.

The makeup of this team next season may depend a lot on if Bonzi Wells decides to try his luck elsewhere and reap a large windfall in the process. If he does, Kevin Martin may be a capable starting SG, but after what Bonzi has shown this series, it'd be awfully tough to see him go.

5. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    At least we carried them to Game 6. Dallas will rake them

6. DonEliasFigeroua

DonEliasFigeroua Big Pimpin

Mar 13, 2006
    California
    coaches interviewed

Mario Elie-Similar to avery johnson
    Whisenant-lawrence frank 0.5
    Musselman-top assitant in league
    Carlesimo-NO NO NO

7. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it's Musselman. Having Whiz come over from the Monarchs might have been intriguing, but Muss is a guy who didn't last long in Golden State, but he's a guy who will demand a lot from his players, require his players to play defense and execute. I hated to see Adelman get the can, but IMO this guy - not Larry Brown, not Whiz, not P.J. - seemed to be the best fit for the ballclub.

The local buzz is fairly optimistic so far...

8. DonEliasFigeroua

DonEliasFigeroua Big Pimpin

Mar 13, 2006
    California
    next up

resign bonzi
    find backup center/point guard
    deal kenny thomas

9. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Dire times indeed fellow fans :(

10. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    7 L's in a row!!!!! When is the last time that happened, in the 97-98 season? It's sad to become bottom tier again...

11. ColoColoCeltic

ColoColoCeltic New Member

Oct 25, 2006
    now in alaska
    were ********ed

trade miller,thomas,salmons

12. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's time to blow up the team and start anew. Get what you can for Bibby, Miller and Artest. Start over with a younger core that might not make the playoffs this year or next but has the potential to develop into contender further down the line

And despite what I said above about Musselman, I have to say he looks like the wrong guy for the job. Simply put, he just has had little control over this team. I didn't think I'd be pining for the Adelman era, but... :(

13. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Am I the only one that thinks Brad Miller is utmost shit ?

14. ColoColoCeltic

Oct 25, 2006
    now in alaska
    him and kenny dumbass

15. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Let's face it guys...long gone are the days when we were the most exciting team in the league. After all, we were the first team that brought back exciting basketball after a decade of games averaging 80-90 points. That's right. It was Adelman that allowed the kings to play the new exciting basketball (which lack tough "D") that we see today by teams like Dallas, Phoenix, and the Clippers last year. I laso rememeber we had the deepest bench with people lke Hedo, Bobby J,etc, etc...sh!t, I'm getting depressed now....

16. ColoColoCeltic

Oct 25, 2006
    now in alaska
    ********ing musselman

i dont like losing

and i hate losing with a unexciting team

17. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    you know what the worst part is? that i always find myself checking the score even tough i know they will not make the playoffs!!!! and even if they make the playoffs they'll get their behinds kicked!!!

18. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found myself rooting AGAINST the Kings last night... I am from Jersey BTW... and they actually managed to win! Maybe if I keep rooting for their opponents, maybe they'll go on a winning streak... :rolleyes:

It sucks though that they lose when I want them to win, and win when I want them to lose. :p