S8OT: USOC Final, 15 October @ Metros [Tickets $20] - Day of Game Info

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by jjayg, Oct 2, 2003.

1. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    5 tickets.

No excuses, this is a final.

2. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    anyone know what hotel we should stay at? Hint hint...

3. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Someone at the Fire has given me a contact to see if we can do better on airfare than 215 r/t on ATA from Midway to Newark (which seems to be the best deal).

I'll keep you all posted.

4. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Travel info will soon be up on the Fire site.

5. I would actually try priceline.com . I used it a few times when travelling to New York and always managed decent bids (total cost below $45/night/room).

Here is the list of the Ultras going:

Marcin
    Mirek
    Przemek
    Robert "Kowal"
    Witek.

There may be a few more if we have an opportunity to talk to them.

Jason, I am surprised--did you talk to everybody at the party or at the game? See, I really hope you have a full van and we have a full car. Hopefully it is not wishful thinking. Don't worry now: we will drive, so we can make plans at the last minute. If we only have enough people for the van, we'll go in the van only; if we have more--we'll take a car in addition to the van. Hopefully we will have around 10 people between the two. If we just take the van, you will have a few drivers for sure.

So relax and patiently wait until Friday or even until the end of the weekend.

Marcin

P.S.
    Peter Wilt mentioned Saturday at the party that they would be willing to offer some discounted arifare to the final. He was not specific though but just said that they would look into it.

6. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    So, does that make it 10 tickets?

7. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Little late for us..

As far as hotel, I meant which hotel the Fire will stay at.

8. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Just as well. Looks like 215 on ATA is the best anywhere, period.

Probably the one they stay at when they visit Metro in the regular season. It might be in the media guide if you have one.

9. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Send a PM to Peter Wilt.

10. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Did that, all I got was Secaucus. I figured out one of these guys would know.

11. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Ask Nate Jaqua, He always tells us.

12. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Is that what we did in Kansas City?

13. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Come on people. We all need to make a little sacrafice to get out there. I know that I am. But how often do get a chance to do this? I know that it is a Wednesday and some people have school. If you fly, you would only miss Wednesday afternoon of school. Sometimes you just have to do it and worry about everything else later on.

14. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    If this is directed at me then you're going to have to try again. I am already going to be missing a week of school for my little brother's graduation from the Army. While the Fire being in the open cup final doesn't happen every year this isn't the first time and it isn't going to be the last. On the other hand my brother is only going to be graduating once. I have to budget my time I don't have a choice.

15. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    andrew - not directed at you. Sorry if it meant like that. Just for all of us.

16. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Oh try to cover yourself now Zach, I see. Well you'll get yours just you wait. You'll wish you never crossed me! MUHAHAHAHHA.

17. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Nice. :D

Mostly I said on the post on the previous page cause I was just going to be content in just watching the game at home. Mostly cause I am fairly cautious about a lot of stuff. But then I got talked into going to Kansas City and had fun. Now going to the USOC and also the season finale in Columbus. I figure that I am still young that I should go out and live it.

18. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    What about those of you on the east coast already?

Come on, we need the numbers!

Also, I'll be on most of the pub crawl wednesday if you want to ask me about the trip or pay for the ticket.

GET THE WORD OUT!

19. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    http://chicago-fire.com/schedule/special_events.asp

20. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Ok. I booked my flight.

Flying into LaGuardia Wednesday afternoon, flying out of Newark 6am Thursday (aka The Hangover Redeye)...

21. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Count me in for damn sure, am I #11?

As for hotels, you're looking in Newark, correct? I have stayed at the Days Inn across from the airport back in the day and for $80 between 4 people, it's not a bad deal. I also know a Best Western over there, both do a 24 hour EWR shuttle.

The team likely stays at one of the two places next to the Ghettolands, Crowne Plaza Meadowlands or Meadowlands Plaza.

Anyone need to crash at my place? The heat finally came on, so it's not as cold as it was in here yesterday.

22. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    That's 11.

This is ridiculous folks! There are more than 20 of us who can go to this match!

23. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Liam, has anyone contacted you since they put up the info on Chicago-fire.com? I want to go so damn bad. Have to find some money and make sure I don't have to do that project on Wednesday. Should know by tommorow.

24. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Contacted me about what? Airfare?

25. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    No, ticket info. I'm hope that message will get some more fire fans out there.