S8OT: USOC Final, 15 October @ Metros [Tickets $20] - Day of Game Info

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by jjayg, Oct 2, 2003.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    If any of you boys are able to make the trip and you wanna stock up on some Fire gear will you are in NYC, check ou tthe Puma store located in Soho, Manhattan. They carry the complete range of Chicago Fire and Italy gear. Just thought you folks might like to know :)

Hope you folks can bring some good numbers with you!! Contact the MFO about the away supporters section.... oppsite of ESC....

2. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Directly opposite? Because that ain't marked on the seating plan. I've seen people in it before, though. We have to contact the MFO specifically then to get tix there?

I'll leave that up to someone in charge. I'm coming up from Philly and might be able to bring a few people. I'm not guaranteeing a completely pro-fire group, but I will get as many people out as possible. I'd like to sit in the away section, but if not, 117 sounds like the place. See you guys there!

3. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Pay no attention to NYR. The Fire fans will be in 117.

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    117 is opposite of ESC..... maybe a little but more to the left of the tunnel... Sorry for any confusion...

5. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I'm toying with the idea of driving out with a group and flying back so I only miss a day of work. I've done the 6am flight before so i know I can manage.

Even ATA wants 30 dollars more for a one-way flight than each way for a round-trip. :-/

6. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    What airport?

7. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Midway to Newark on ATA.

roundtrip is 215.

one way back is 147.50.

AirTran has one-way back for 122, but you have to transfer in Atlanta and don't get in till 10.30am.

9. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Is anyone setting up group tickets yet? Maybe in a group they'd be less than 20 apiece.

Is anyone planning on flying for sure? Would anyone wlse be taking the 6am back on Thursday? At least Andrew Braudy is and I will too if I go.

10. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    Flying into Philadelphia is another option. Some lower priced airlines, like Southwest, go into PHL There's a bit of train travel involved, but it's not that bad, and you can get from the airport to Newark Penn Station in about 2 hours or a bit more. Or you could rent a car-- much cheaper than in NYC or Jersey.

11. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If the tickets are all $25, why should we sit in 117--the view isn't so great. And why are they all $25? How is that encouraging people to go? I could have got a lot more people to come if I could have promised them $18 cheap seats. Dammit...

12. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I too go to Bradley University and would offer to drive you or split gas money but i'm stuck in Orlando right now so I'm kind of *#*#*#*# out of luck. If you'd like I can see if any of my FIRE friends would be up for sharing a car ride out there. Some of them are kinda crazy. But I dunno if you'd have much luck.

If you guys happen to know of any FIRE fans in Orlando... or even Atlanta... or *#*#*#*#ing MetroScum fans I could share a ride with i'd do it but driving up by myself and back by myself is money I just don't have.

13. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    There are actually a couple Metro guys in south Florida who might be coming up, but just what the hell is wrong with you that this is the way you would ask for a favor?

14. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    If you plan on standing during the game, you should sit in 117, or some other pre-established "away" section. Try to stand in your cluster of seats in any other section with spectators behind you, and you'll get "Event Staff" and the NJ state troopers telling you to sit or get ejected.

15. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LoL. I wouldn't dream to ask like that.

I'd say:

Excuse me Scum fans... would you like to invite me along on your little trip up to NY so as to lessen the financial burden of taking seperate vehicles and please not leave me in NJ if and when your team loses.

Thank you.

Yeah I don't harbor much hope. I have at least one possibly two road-trips in the near future or i'd just go myself.

If I were in school right now it'd be easier as I could just shanghai some drunk friends on saturday night and by the time they sober up they're passing through Pittsburg.

16. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    Good luck getting anywhere with that "scum" routine.

17. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I've never been to the Meadowlands. Flying into Newark, how difficult or expensive is it to get to the game? If my flight is supposed to arrive at 4:44 PM, could I get there in an hour?

18. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    The game starts at 8pm, so getting there wouldn't be a problem.

Easiest way: rent a car at Newark Airport.

Second easiest way: get a cab at Newark Airport. Take it to Giants Stadium. They'll drop you off before the booths for the parking attendants. Maybe it'll cost you $30 or $40.

Third easiest way: you take the Air Train to Penn Station, go eight blocks uptown, and take the NJ Transit bus out to Giants Stadium. That'll be about $20, one way.

All of these would get you to the stadium in the three hours or so before kick-off. There are other ways to do it, some of which might involve drinking with Metros fans. We're good people, but really, don't front with the "scum" stuff. We can type the word "Chicago" without pretending our stomachs are roiling, forcing us to write "Scum", and we don't have to capitalize the name of our team every time it is in print ("What time is the METROSTARS game?").

19. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Haig,
    While I am pretty sure you are a decent fellow, you are one oversensitive mofo. You might want to head down to the drug store and see if they carry some chill pills or something. When people call you scum, it's more a term of endearment then an insult. Our team vs your team, our fans vs your fans. It's for fun. It only becomes serious when individuals (somewhat like you) make it serious. Really, just relax and have fun with it.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it will be helpful for some who are making the trip.

352G, a big portion of the group that will be coming form Chicago are Section 8 people. We are supporters who stand and cheer the team on for the whole game. Because of this sometimes it is necessary to buy tickets in positions around the field that present a less then perfect view. In this case we will be standing in section 117. Any and all Fire fans are welcome to stand with us, but understand that we are there to support the team as much as view the game. If seeing the game is the most important thing for you, it might be a good idea to buy tickets someplace else.

20. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm sure you are good people. I never "front". You seem to be devoted fans and I can't fault that. But as jjayg said its all in fun. The 'scum' stuff was in jest but i'm sure you knew that. This isn't the DC board. To be honest I don't really think I've ever harbored any uncontrollable hatred towards an MLS team...

the burn and crew are too pathetic of late to hate.

Though as a rule I do hate any team Joey Franchino plays for regardless of performance. I've had a real dislike for his no skill tough-man antics for at least two seasons now... don't really remember him before that.

Actually I had 6 Krystle burgers (Southern White Castle) last weekend so my stomach has been pretty angry at the world since then.

Well I do have to capitalize the name of the FIRE.

Because its such a good team... and because if I didn't people might think I was talking about some other fire.

Like "I was watching the fire last night but they kinda died out and were put out by the wiz".

Who other than an MLS fan would know what I was talking about?

21. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    hey,
    you fire guys should check out trenton mercer airport in ewing township in mercer county, N.J., near trenton.

it's about hour-and-a-half south of stadium, depending on your preferred choice of transportation.

trains run periodically from trenton to up north.
    buses would take forever.
    or rental car...
    it's all on you.

but mercer airport probably would be cheaper than newark or NYC and Philly.

(you may have a lay-over in pittsburgh or something. but it beats driving, eh?)

goodluck

-b

22. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If it was only me, I'd be there, but I'm trying to bring friends who are, unfortunately, not die-hards like me. So, I'll may have to work something else out. We'll see. And all I was really suggesting was that since all tix are the same, we could just colonize a different section--because 116 is going to be empty anyway, right? We can always move when we get there.

23. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    According to FSW the next CCC is only 8 teams.

2 spots for US.

Champ of MLS. And Champ of Open Cup.

FINALLY A GAME THAT MEANS SOMETHING.

No points for second place guys.

24. This is what we will almost certainly do. We will buy tickets in 117 but move to a section adjacent to it, the one closer to the goal.