S8OT: Columbus Invasion, 26 October [7 spots left on bus!]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by UltraCinek, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Bus reserved. For details see the beginning of this thread.

I am going to start collecting money at the Pub Crawl and continue onf Friday at the game. Last payment date will be the game on 10/18.

The whole deal will cost $45/person and this will include the ticket to the game.

I want to see a full bus. I know MDSC kids will not dissapoint me nor other diehard fans.

Marcin

2. ehend

ehend New Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Villa Park
    hey marcin- if we are not taking the bus (if there is a bus) should we arrange tickets through you or should we go direct through Brandon at the Crew?

3. Get them from Brandon--he gets paid to do this.

Marcin

4. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    There is a chance I'll be in for the bus.

Marcin, should I pass this info on to the Fire to put on their site or did you want to?

5. Yes, do it for me please. Give them my email and phone no.

6. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
  7. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Marcin, sorry I missed the party.

Also, the bus. I'll be in C-bus, but not on the bus. I'll be in Toronto on Saturday night for the World Championships of Rock, Paper, Scissors. I'm a member of an eight person team and we're going to win it all.

I'm hoping to convince them all to come to C-bus for the game too.

8. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Are you for real?

9. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    I wouldn't doubt it at all.

10. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Doubt? Hell no you shouldn't doubt me. I'm on team Smoot. We've got about 6-8 people making the trip. The morning after I hope to get most if not all of them to go to C-bus.

Rock! Paper! Scissors!

http://www.rpschamps.com/

11. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Re: Re: Hotel Options?

they are indeed taken care of, don't worry...i got ya jay!

12. bcwdu99

bcwdu99 New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Marcin,

If you want to collect money and then place an order through me for a group, that would be fine.

Brandon

13. Wow, I cannot believe this thread fell off the first screen.

The trip is on. There are more and more chances that this will be our important game to get the Supporters' Shield. There are just two games left in the race and we are dead tied with San Jose who are playing Los Angeles (easy for them).

The price is an absolute steal. $45 for everything (at least the bus ride and ticket) and depending on the number of people on the bus, this might even include beer. Think about how much you spent for the home re-opener on Friday and compare.

I need people to start emailing or phoning me with their intentions of taking the trip. The payment deadline will be the game on the 18th of October. I will be collecting the money before the match at the Barn Burner tailgate.

If somebody wants to give me money just for the tickets to the match I will gladly accept it. You will then pick the tickets up from me when the bus arrives to the Columbus Crew Stadium.

I believe in all of you Fire fans, and fellow Section 8ers.

MDSC, I hope you guys can organize themselves nicely. Cameron, Andrew, Abby, Benny, who wants to take care of rounding up your people? If you get a sizeable group together, I might even give you a group discount :) .

Rich, the same applies to the Arsonists. How many do you think can go? Have you talked about it at all?

Don, do you think we can get some Barn Burners to go, as well? I will try to have some flyers ready for the tailgate but info on your webpage will be very appreciated.

Disclaimer:
    If I don't round up 40 people for the trip, the bus will not be cancelled but the price will go up slightly unless there are less than 30 people--we will then have to take our own vehicles.

Marcin

14. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Marcin,

I'm going to the game. I'm just not leaving from Chicago. As I said, I'll be in Toronto the night before. I'm going with some friends, hopefully I'll be able to bring 10 to the game. That's a long shot, but a realistic possibility. We're just coming from somewhere else.

People need to commit to the bus. What's the total cost? Maybe some of us that are going but not on the bus could chip in to make it an even better deal. If those of us going without the bus each gave $5 the bus might be cheap enough to get another group to go. I'd pay help get another bunch to go.

Same for the USOC Final.

15. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Bump. Let's go folks.

16. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    S8OT: 10/26 - Crew Stadium

What section are Fire fans sitting in? Is it Section 113 again? I ttried to call the Crew but they said they don't sell tix over the phone and I had to call TicketBastard. TicketBastard isn't going to know what section we Fire fans are in.

17. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago
    Re: S8OT: 10/26 - Crew Stadium

Listen don't tell them you are a Fire fan
    and lets organize ourselves to sit in one section onour own if they are gonna make it difficult

18. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Re: Re: S8OT: 10/26 - Crew Stadium

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=74242

19. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Thanks, fidlerre. You rock a great rocking.

20. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Hey Marcin, I don't know who, if anybody, from MDSC has confirmed with you but I personally will take the bus so count me in as one. I assume that Cam, Abby, Carl, and probably a few others will take the bus too but I don't know for sure.

21. FearCityFire

FearCityFire Member

Aug 6, 2003
    MDSCHQ War Room
    Sorry andrew, im out for this one, i will be in Vegas.....VEGAS BABY VEGAS
    ian

22. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Let's give this sucka a BUMP

23. Andrew -
    Are we bussing it? I'm in, just wanted to make sure we were all planning on taking the bus. Someone needs to inform the Oi!fficer.

Benny "El Santo Guapo"

24. Moderators, please get this thread a little stickier designation, would you?

So far I have only 12 people on my list. I need quite a few more to make the trip happen.

Those who want to get on the bus to Columbus on 10/26 need to make some kind of a payment to me before (preferably), during or after the game. Partial payments accepted (only if you are a poor college student or something of this nature) but refunds will be at my discretion. The whole thing (including bus ride and game ticket) costs $45. I need to have 20-25 prepaid seats in order to get the thing going.

25. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I'm in and so is my dad. We'll have money tomorrow.