S8OT: Columbus Invasion, 26 October [7 spots left on bus!]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by UltraCinek, Sep 26, 2003.

1. S8OT: Columbus Road Trip 10/26

I am willing to organize a bus to Columbus on 10/26. We haven't managed to come out in a bus for quite some time now (I am not counting the famous Fado bus last year). We have not had a sizeable representation on tour this year--I am still to see more than 50 of away support at a road game. I think Columbus is a great opportunity to take advantage of. The game against Columbus may be very meaningful. The Fire may be fighting for the Supporters' Shield. We, the supporters should help the Fire in reaching their first hardware of the year, don't you think?

The same rules that we were applying to our previous road trips would apply: we would leave from Chicago (location to be determined but probably from somewhere on NW side or from downtown) at around 7 AM on Sunday, October 26th. This would help us arrive at the Columbus Crew Stadium at around 2 PM Eastern time. The game starts at 4 PM and ends around 6 PM. We would be again on the road by 7 PM and return to Chicago around midnight. The 4 PM game time is actually very convenient this time around. Additionally, the 7 AM departure time shoud be any bad because October 26th will be the date when Daylight Savings Time ends so we will sleep one more hour and 7 AM will be the "old" 8 AM.

I am assuming the cost will be around $45 if we completely fill the bus (bus companies charge huge chunks of money recently--somebody start a new charter outfit and make cabbage, lettuce, greenies, alfa-alfa, bread, etc.!).

I am going to pass this info during the opener on 10/10 but in order to see if the bus trip is feasible, please, pretty please, PM me ASAP with your interest in the trip and the number of people you will be taking with you.

Marcin

P.S.
    The Ultras may be a little downsized on the road this time because Mirek is getting married the day before the trip. I am going to park the bus in front of the banquet house and take them all in their suits and ties though.

2. jschulz

jschulz New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Soldier Field
    Congrats to Mirek!!!! That happens to be the same date as my wedding five years ago.

3. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    I'm in for the bus and I'm sure Justin will do it too if his "wife" let's him.

4. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    i might be in for this - i think it's time to start begging the parentals right now.

5. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Not to be picky, but I'm pretty sure there were more than 50 on the first KC trip this year. Not by a lot though.

6. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    We are definately going to Columbus but we will be driving out ourselves. But you can add 5 or 6 more to the count.

7. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    5 or 6?

;)

8. zlzfire

zlzfire New Member

Jun 28, 2001
    Frankfort, IL
    Count me in

RIP Mirek ;-)

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Yep. Your number six if you would be make a freakin' decision already. We are going over on Sunday morning and returning on Monday.

10. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    I may make the trip, but I'll be damned if I'm setting foot on a bus again for it. :)

Later,
    COZ

11. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Unfortunately, I'm not certain I'll be on the bus for it either, as it may be a part of a longer trip.

12. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm going, probably Saturday night returning after the game. 10 hours on the road in one day is way too much.

Might have room for 2.

13. I only know about 8 people that are interested in the bus. Please let me know here, even if you are still undecided but are at least thinking about going. As of now, it does not seem worthwhile to even reserve the bus.

14. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Id rather take the bus than drive.

15. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I'm considering the bus, probably for me and one or two others. Still up in the air, but I'm going to C-bus either way.

16. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Should I go ahead and set up ticketing, here?

17. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
    i should be in town and if so, i'm definantly there.

18. Let's wait until after 10/04.

19. chitowndoll

chitowndoll New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MDSC HQ: design dept.
    me, cameron, andrew, and i'm sure at least a few of our others are interested in the bus. we could possibly round up 5-10 people.

20. ehend

ehend New Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Villa Park
    Will definitely be at the game 10/26, but plan on visiting friends in Cleveland (and maybe the R'n'R Hall of Fame {if I can find a damn parking lot this time}) on Saturday. In other words, we'll be driving and not interested in the bus.

21. bcwdu99

bcwdu99 New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Crew Tickets

Marcin,

I've reserved your section (113) for you. The cost will be $10 per ticket. Let me know how many you will need when you reserve the bus. And, for anyone not riding the bus, call me at 614-447-4176 or e-mail me at bwilmoth@thecrew.com with your ticket order.

This is the only way to reserve tickets in the Fire section, as Ticketmaster does not have access to this section.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to help you out.

Brandon Wilmoth
    Columbus Crew

22. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    $10 to see the Fire win at SF East? How can anyone say no to this offer? We better have a huge turnout for this game. I know it's a Sunday but that is far better than a Wednesday. Plus when has there ever been a bad roadtrip?

23. SparkeyG

SparkeyG Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Mokena, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hotel Options?

I will be driving the family to CBus for this game, and I was wondering what hotel options there are?

24. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Re: Hotel Options?

There's the ratty Days Inn across the street from the stadium. It's cheap and it's close. Can't say it's clean, unfortunately, but there it is.

We will have a group of six (me and my four + CityIceMan) but I think are tickets are already taking care of. If that changes I will let you guys know. I hope we have a sea of red for this one. It may end up being the game for the Supporters Shield too!

25. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    If we lock up the division Friday we may even ge tto see Dipsy this game!

10 dollars for Dipsy!