S8C Planning [9 Nov]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by gofire2001, Oct 29, 2003.

1. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Could someone fork up some money for a megaphone and then get paid back in the next few games? Would the fire front office do this? I really think in would be wise to get the megaphone by Sunday.

2. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    [​IMG]

WEAPONS OF THE REVOLUTION.

Seriously, that's too bad about the ban on streamers. One of the things I am most looking forward to in these playoffs is the atmosphere you all will create at Soldier Field, and streamers should've been a big part of that. Hopefully your patience will pay off for you and the stadium officials will see the light. Maybe there's some other things you could utilize, like balloons, or confetti(lots of it). Even so, they can't take your voices away from you, so here's to hoping you can do you part and show everyone watching on ESPN2 what the passion is all about.

3. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    [​IMG]

Sorry, trying to get that gratuitous streamer pic in here, but you get the point anyway. Sorry.

4. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    Was there any specific reasoning behind the "no leaders stand" affair? I'm just curious.

Just reading all this *#*#*#*#*#*#*#*# is getting to me. From my perspective we've been on very good behavior at the games.

bah

5. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    They aren't against a stand, it's just the details that are in dispute.

6. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I was ready to plunk down $100 for streamers. If there's a specific model of megaphone we need, I can subsidize $100 worth of purchases.

And take it in the ass taboot.

EDIT: Only if we're willing to try the Not Fade Away chant!

7. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
  8. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you on drugs? Ah - it's just the North Dakota air talking. Certainly there are very legit reasons for wanting a SSS, but don't bash SF for what it's not.

1) Souvenirs are available
    2) Programs are distributed
    3) Parking is available
    4) Beer is available
    5) What public place doesn't have some "spills" in the restroom?

Especially with comments #3 & #5, it sounds like you're talking about the old SF, not the current model. One could certainly complain about the prices for things like parking and beer, but they are available.

9. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I don't even really have problems with the new stadium, aside from the acoustical issues with seciton 8's current location. I think it's quite nice. And generally it's not the Bears who are responsible for our woes.

It's these guys.

10. SF is going to get as little of my money as possible. Is there anyway I can give money to Peter Wilt personally for tickets and the like? Maybe the team should have a cooler of beer behind the bench and one of the reserves can sell it to the fans. And I'm pissing the sink from now on.

11. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Weren't you doing that anyhow?

12. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I think you misunderstood. He was saying don't buy any souvenier, programs, parking or beer. And piss on the floors in defiance.

13. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I'll let those that would use it choose an item, but I'm more than willing to pony up with some cash. And personally I think that for a long term decision (like with a Supporter's Shield trophy/shield for the Fire's trophy case) I'd rather pay a little more up front to get exactly what we want. If there's a functional difference between the $95 and $115 megaphones, let's spring for the $20 extra.

Just my two cents.

14. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    That 95 dollar one is fine for our purposes.

Though, I believe we can do better. Going to a boat shop or radio shack we should be able to find one.

However, we need a commitment that whoever acts as head capo will use it.

15. Call Mirek and ask him. I will conform.

Marcin

16. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound

I agree with everything said here.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.a..._name=CTLG_007_008_004_000&product_id=32-2038
    this sucker is the big-mamma-jamma. I've used one like this on several occasions (typically ordering food in my friend Ben's car from drive-thrus).

17. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
  18. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    Yeah, the mic dealie is a bit excessive. I just know from experience that it is REALLY loud. Megaphones rule.

PS - I followed the links around that SMG management site. Has anyone actually seen the official soldier field site?!? Its like a joke but not. I'm guessing there was a team of roughly 80 state employees making 25$ an hour putting this together. Its just funny. http://www.soldierfield.net/main.html

20. FootieBloke007

FootieBloke007 New Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Chicago
    LMAO :D

Can we say Mid 90's HTML class?

21. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Point taken - and most of it, I have no problems with. Except the urinating in inappropriate places thing -- who do you really hurt except your fellow fans, the janitors and yourself (if you're busted).

22. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Matt's taking care of the megaphone.

It'll probably be about 100 bucks. We should all make an effort to compensate him for the purchase on Sunday.

23. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    I don't what you're talking about - animated .gifs RULE!

24. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Couldn't get the megaphone because I didn't have enough money. I was going to sign up for a Radio Shack credit card just to get it but decided that it wouldn't be the smartest thing I have done. If anyone else wants to get the megaphone that would be great. You will be compensated.

25. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I work close to a Radio Shack downtown. If you post the part number or a link to a product page I can pick one up.

EDIT: Are we even going to be able to bring it in?