S8C Planning [9 Nov]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by gofire2001, Oct 29, 2003.

1. A few of us MAY be there early to help. I can't make any promises, seeing as how we tend to keep the Sabbath by getting closer to the Lord through lots of sleep, but we'll see.

On another note, everyone needs to memorize the lyrics to Loving Feeling for DC. The least we can do after destroying their season and possibly several careers is offer a nice song and dance show before they leave.

2. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    You never close your eyes anymore
    When I kiss your lips
    And there’s no tenderness like before
    In your fingertips
    You’re trying hard not to show it
    But baby
    Baby I know it

You’ve lost that loving feeling
    Woah, that loving feeling
    You’ve lost that loving feeling
    Now it’s gone, gone, gone
    Woah-woah

I also still think we should all learn this to sing as well...or at least a verse or two. it's not that hard, and lots of people already know it.

I met my love
    By the gas works wall
    Dreamed a dream
    By the old canal
    Kissed a girl
    By the factory wall
    Dirty old town, dirty old town

Clouds a drifting
    Across the moon
    Cats a prowling
    On their beat
    Spring’s a girl
    In the street at night

Heard a siren
    From the docks
    Saw a train
    Set the night on fire
    Smelled the spring
    On the smoky wind

I’m going to make
    Me a good sharp axe
    Shining steel
    Tempered in the fire
    Will chop you down
    Like an old dead tree

3. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    What's the verdict on drum location? I'm thinking this time we try up top, but below the railing instead of above it, so we can get some sound reflected off that corner, instead of having it blow back into the concourse.

Later,
    COZ

4. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    hmm...that's a good idea.

I would suggest toward the edge of a row or something if you can manage since I think we're going to do the mosaic Sunday and we need someone in every seat in the center two sections.

....and apparently our streamer privleges have been revoked. So no streamers Sunday of any kind.

Uf.

5. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    WASSUPWIDAT?!
    Care to elaborate?

6. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Unfortunately, I can't/won't right now. If someone else cares to or thinks it's ok, go ahead. I've come to the conclusion stadium management folks read the boards and I think it'd be wise to not talk about it. Sorry.

7. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I'd love to do at least the last verse of Dirty Old Town. It fits perfectly.

Also, and I believe someone has mentioned this before, but I'd like to case a serious vote for the Buddy Holly classic Not Fade Away as made famous by the Grateful Dead. Just the chorus:

Love is real not fade away
    Clap, clap, clap
    clap-clap

Its simple and has enough meaning, it uses clapping which is good, but it also has the potential to spread. There are plenty of Dead fans everywhere and it has the potential to catch on. I can see/hear the entire stadium doing this one.

8. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I agree, though I think we could stretch all 4 without a problem. There's a substantial number who have got it down cold already.

Yeah, I'm a Dead fan, and you'll find no bigger one than my dad...but I'm almost certain even he wouldn't go for this one.

This is war, not a love-in ;)

9. I demand answers! The people have a right to know! The revolution will not be televised! I am not a crook! This aggression will not stand! This day will live in infamy! Inquiring minds want...

You get the point.

10. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    WTF????

I didn't receive this memo.

11. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    We just got word earlier today.

12. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    All's fair in love and war?

[grumpy]Besides, if can't celebrate with streamers and whatnot, we might as well be pansies.[/grumpy]

13. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Dear Stadium Management:

*#*#*#*# You.

Thanks, Matt

14. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Chicago and its fans deserve their own stadium more than any other city in MLS, and this just goes a step further to illustrate the stupidity of stadium management. What about a podium, flags with poles, table rolls, anything else I've forgoten about. If things with stadium management get worse next season, like really really bad, you should boycott one game and not buy anything in the stadium, i.e. concessions, beer, programs, merch. Make them realize this isn't the NFL where people will come to games and be happy no matter what they do.

*#*#*#*# you management.

Yours sincierly, Bob

15. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Soldier Field sucks.

No souvenirs
    No programs
    No parking
    No beer
    Piss on the floor of the restroom.

You guys deserve better than this. The only thing that makes me able to stomach watching Fire games is the atmosphere that you provide and my club lacks. Normally, it's "Piss on the Fire," but this time, it's PISS ON THE BEARS.

16. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    I bet its all cause streamers fund terrorism.

17. chitowndoll

chitowndoll New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MDSC HQ: design dept.
    liam, marcin, anyone else. i'm pretty sure i can make it before the game to help set everything up, and if so, i'll be bringing my sister too. let me know exactly what time and where to meet.

everyone else MDSC should be there too, you bums.

abby.

18. bunge and others, forget about the streamers for now.

19. fatboy15

fatboy15 New Member

Mar 31, 2000
    LaPorte, IN, USA
    whatever happened to just getting really drunk and cheering for the Fire?

20. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Yeah, I heard the bad news, and it makes me grumpy.

21. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I'll just give you fair warning that Liam is probably going to b*tch slap you in a few minutes....

I love beer. And I even love Beer.

22. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Looks like no leader's stand for now either.

I'm very pissed off. This is not exactly the ideal time to be cracking down on Section 8 activities. If this was the early season I'd probably say the hell with it but we simply don't have time and the matches are too fucking important. There was a slighly misunderstood communication (a mistake anyone could have and more than a few did make) and we're all being punished for it in the most crucial time of the year.

Folks, don't blame security for this, or any of them for anything that's happened so far...as far as I can tell they're a nice bunch of folks and have shown infinite capacity to learn and adapt in comparison to their predecessors both at SF and Naperville.

However, this new Stadium management crew are a bunch of prickly assholes who are convinced we'll tear up their precious stadium and we're a crazy lone band of 20 people or so who are trying to impose their will on the rest of the stadium.

This despite the fact we've shown up in numbers and then some for both games so far. I'm beyond disgusted, especially since the team, reps from Section 8, and security took the initiative to sitt down and discuss the situation and rules for the section, and all generally were well understood and have as close to completely as can be expected been followed.

Still, we are punished. The team can't do anything about it, security can't do anything about it. Management for SF is putting the screws to us because 'they don't like trouble' or 'they don't want to deal with non-Bears events.' At the same time, we have numbers and fervor potentially far, far beyond what we had in Naperville, and the ability to do some far better things in the way of tifo.

I'm not advocating any trouble here, in fact causing some will only make the situation worse. We're in a no-leverage situation here. It's too important a part of the season to let down and we have nowhere to go on this.

It just sucks.

23. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Screw streamers and the leader stand. I think stadium management would rather we rip out their cheap seats and toss them on the field or set them on fire. Maybe start a huge bonfire in the middle of the section?

24. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    No. We don't need to invite trouble and make matters worse, nor is it the time to with games so important now.

Unfortunately, we're going to have to take this one right in the ass and handle the situation outside of matches.

Is there any ideas for things to do? My main idea now at least for the final two games is have leaders at the top and bottom of every section in section 8 (we'd need about 6 or so) and just force us to be the loudest we've ever been, acoustics be damned.

It also involves cattle prods and megaphones but the first is unrealistic and the second is too expensive on short notice.