S8C. :: 2005 Scarf Contest [RESULTS]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by murtaugh29, Dec 4, 2004.

1. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Your perspective is very important because there is not enough of a serious hispanic influence in S8. That said, how many nicknames are repeated by clubs all over the world? "la maquina roja" isn't going to be exclusive to Toluca. Toluca are a big club, but not so big as to usurp us using it. And I tend to think we are as big of a club in stature as 90% of Mexican league clubs anyway.

I can say that there are people like you mentioned last. Spaniards and Italians in particular (who probably have no idea who CD Toluca are).

What can we do to better involve hispanics and not lead them to think we're a joke? Maybe a Hispanic supporters' group; a Barra Brava equivalent? Maybe pay tribute to our Morelia brethren with a Barra Locura Chicago?

I have a hard time hearing problems like that with no offer of solutions (nothing against you, Mike, just a issue I tend to have). We should talk about this more. We just need to address these perceptual things a little more directly and I think we have the tools to do so.

2. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    yeah, A1 on the anti-dallas ones. More profanity though, please.

3. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "DUCK FALLAS"

4. We will make many designs of these scarves including the three winners, the skyline, the fashion scarf, the heroes and both of the anti-Dallas scarves. 400 votes were cast in the contest. Now if only half of these people bought the scarves right away it would be really cool. After we make these scarves, there will be 600 Section 8 scarves readily available. Availability is projected for January 1st, 2005.

Also, look for an entire Section 8 apparel line around the same time. It is critical that you spread the word around so manufacturing Section 8 clothing is feasible.

Marcin

5. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Is there any way to pre-order things? We'd both benefit from that, I think. You'd get the cash now and I'd get my stuff as soon as it is available. :D

6. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  7. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    D'oh. I'll fix it.

And I didn't pick the scarves! Marcin did.

8. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    can't wait to see an anti scarf show up on TV somewhere. ;)

9. abilenecosmos

abilenecosmos Member

Nov 2, 2004
    The Rock
    Just wanted to say congrats on the new stadium, as well as the scarf contest. As an FCD fan I should be against some of these, but they are hilarious. The Tino Palace scarf is the best. You guys are a great supporters club, and while we may be against eachother as far as clubs go, the fact that you guys support MLS as well makes me proud. Good job.

10. Yes, Jeff, this is a great idea. Everybody, please refer to section8chicago.com message boards for information on how to pre-order. Availability date is predicted to be January 1st, 2005.